Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 09:46 PM
oldbie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2,730 Likes on 769 Posts

Originally Posted by Nemosengineer
I have the Lowbrow Customs three inch spot mirrors mounted and here is my review.
All in all not bad. the mirrors themselves are of good quality and are in stainless steel housings, the mirror arms are nicely finished aluminum die castings in chrome plate. The only McCheese to be found is the supplied washers (thin), the rest of the hardware is stainless steel and satisfactory.
Mounting is painless, you have to flip one mirror head around for the left side. The adjustment is a bit finicky as these mirrors are low and close to the controls, with thin summer weight gloves I was able to find a position where my gloved index fingers missed the bottoms of the mirrors (I wear a size 9 glove), if you have big hands you're going to need to run a spacer.
The view from the mirrors is average, If I dip my forearm the upper two thirds of the mirrors are useable and I can see around myself, this is no worse than some factory mirrors.
Aesthetically, I like them, they are about as minimalist as you can get and seem to vanish into the background on my bars. The price is right at just under $66.00 for the pair.
Public Service Announcement: With my bars on my bike I like these mirrors, on your bike with your bars you may find them useless.

: Mike
What bars are those?

Old 01-03-2017, 10:20 PM
Nemosengineer
Road Master
Received 221 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by oldbie
What bars are those?
Hi Oldbie,

Flanders Cafe Bars P/N C5

Measurements

Rise: 2.75"

Pullback: 6.5"

Center: 4.5"

Width: 32.25"

Diameter: 1"

Bars have been narrowed 1 inch per side on 2 1/4 inch risers.

http://www.sideroadcycles.com/Americ...andlebars.html

Old 01-03-2017, 10:53 PM
stonei3
Club Member
Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Finally got my turn signal relocation pieces back from powder coating. HD offering them in black would be too convenient! Learned some new curse words/phrases shoving wiring back where it originated. Pup approved mod.

Old 01-03-2017, 11:37 PM
Nemosengineer
Road Master

Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50
Funny, but to me, the best mirrors I've ever had, for rear view visibility were the OEM's on my '11FXDC. No shoulders,saw behind me and both adjacent lanes, and little vibration. Not as sexy as the CNC Rizomas I had on a couple different bikes, but felt safer using them.

FWIW, I like the look of yours, and the price, as they were about 20% the cost of the Rizomas. tp
The Rizomas really are little pieces of mechanical art, a friend has a bar end set on a somewhat vintage 96 Ducati 900 SL in yellow (a motorcycle I would like to own).
I agree with you, the FXDC mirrors were excellent on the stock bar and I am a victim of old school 1970's style of trying to reduce frontal area. I am still under the influence of working at Racecrafters in the 1978-1979 time frame, not a position of any great importance but I paid close attention to the people I came in contact with...

Last edited by Nemosengineer; 01-03-2017 at 11:43 PM.
Old 01-04-2017, 12:41 AM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by Nemosengineer
The Rizomas really are little pieces of mechanical art, a friend has a bar end set on a somewhat vintage 96 Ducati 900 SL in yellow (a motorcycle I would like to own).
I agree with you, the FXDC mirrors were excellent on the stock bar and I am a victim of old school 1970's style of trying to reduce frontal area. I am still under the influence of working at Racecrafters in the 1978-1979 time frame, not a position of any great importance but I paid close attention to the people I came in contact with...

In 78, was riding a Suzuki GS550 on pavement, and for off road, a Honda SL125 modded for enduro racing, a Maico 250 for MX, a Honda TL125 and Suzuki RL 250 for trail riding, what we called exploring where no man had ridden before.

No reduced frontal area on the GS. Placed a BIG AZZ Vetter style fairing on it. Became a great touring bike then. Harleys were just a dream for another time for me back then. Owned seven since those days.

Is that you in the pic? tp dd50

Old 01-04-2017, 01:19 AM
Proline1969
Cruiser
Received 184 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by stonei3
Finally got my turn signal relocation pieces back from powder coating. HD offering them in black would be too convenient! Learned some new curse words/phrases shoving wiring back where it originated. Pup approved mod.

Nice jack !

Old 01-04-2017, 02:05 AM
Nemosengineer
Road Master

Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50
In 78, was riding a Suzuki GS550 on pavement, and for off road, a Honda SL125 modded for enduro racing, a Maico 250 for MX, a Honda TL125 and Suzuki RL 250 for trail riding, what we called exploring where no man had ridden before.

No reduced frontal area on the GS. Placed a BIG AZZ Vetter style fairing on it. Became a great touring bike then. Harleys were just a dream for another time for me back then. Owned seven since those days.

Is that you in the pic? tp dd50
I wish it was, but no that is Harry Klinzmann whose professional racing career lasted quite a while. Here's a good video, you get to see Harry's bike take a dump towards the end.

AMA Super Bike Race Laguna Seca 1979

Old 01-04-2017, 03:16 AM
HrdNox
Stellar HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Bike is looking great Nemo guy!
Flanders does make some nice bars..
If you get to the point where you want to swap out the mirrors take a look at these..They have convex glass and work great.

http://www.jokermachine.com/products...d-mirrors.html

Old 01-04-2017, 06:02 AM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

I went for a ride last night. When I got home I hit the ramp to my shop a little too fast and the front forks bottomed out - thunk!!! Time to service or upgrade front forks?!! It's an eleven year old bike. I'll do some research here on the forum. I've never worked on forks before.

Last edited by SixDD; 01-04-2017 at 06:11 AM.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:17 AM
wideglideCVO
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,382 Likes on 808 Posts

Installed a new primary cover.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?