Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 09:04 AM
Maxxsmart
Road Master
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by oldbie
What is a VINNER? 🌭?
VINNER or sometimes referred to as V INNER is an error code that comes up when starting the newer Dynas, mostly 2012 and newer. It comes up when cranking the bike, and is caused by a low voltage condition to the different modules. As I understand it, all the voltage is getting sucked up by the starting system, and there isn't enough left over for the ECM, BCM, Speedo, and (if installed) the ABS modules to communicate, there causing the error.

For me, it started happening from time to time when I would make quick gas stops while the bike was hot. It would half crank, then would throw that error. Hit the starter again, and I was good. At that point, it just bothered me because the bike was only about 14 months old at that point. Now, I started getting slow starts when cold, and I would get the error just about every single time for the last 1-2 months. After all that, I swapped batteries, and now installed heavier gauge cables.

The following users liked this post:
oldbie (01-01-2017)
Old 12-31-2016, 10:13 AM
HrdNox
Stellar HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Tall Timber
Finally got a parts delivery.......

New risers

Mocked up my bars

The only issue is that the matte clashes with all the gloss.

Not sure if I want to just powder coat them gloss black as I'll be running a roll bag it will just scuff them up. I'm considering maybe stripping them the and going for a polished look or maybe powder coated a matt silver, or leave them. I dunno... thoughts?
Go gloss black on all of it. You could always put some clear bra strips on your bars or felt on the back of your bag. They may be able to re powder after a quick scuff.

Old 12-31-2016, 12:15 PM
610Low
Tourer
Received 110 Likes on 65 Posts

I drove 20 mins to my dads house. Dropped off my "new" parts. Moved my bike out of the garage so his girlfriend can have her parking space back. Started her up to make sure she isn't getting sick in the cold. Look at it for about 10 min. Put the cover on it and drove home sulking. Happy New Year.

Old 12-31-2016, 01:36 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by zombiegang
I drove 20 mins to my dads house. Dropped off my "new" parts. Moved my bike out of the garage so his girlfriend can have her parking space back. Started her up to make sure she isn't getting sick in the cold. Look at it for about 10 min. Put the cover on it and drove home sulking. Happy New Year.
This is sad, how I hate winter. Will your bike will still be secured from the elements? Oh, don't just start the bike to 'check' her; if you're not going to be able to ride it to fully bring her up to temperature it's much better to just let her sleep...

Old 12-31-2016, 01:49 PM
WH1_T-type
Road Captain
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Took it to the dealer for some warranty work. They dropped it. They are bending over backwards to make it right though. So after it gets repaired I'll post the whole experience, but if they come through with what they are planning on doing I think I'll be very happy and willing to come back.

Old 12-31-2016, 02:31 PM
Smogbob
Road Captain
Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

To be honest V INNER error code is easy to fix, just keep your ride hooked up to a battery tender, even if you ride it every 2 or 3 days, batteries are a total lottery, some are good and last for ages, others fail in a year or 2 at the best, V INNER is all about the battery being good.

Originally Posted by oldbie
What is a VINNER? 🌭?

The following users liked this post:
oldbie (01-01-2017)
Old 12-31-2016, 02:36 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by WH1_T-type
Took it to the dealer for some warranty work. They dropped it. They are bending over backwards to make it right though. So after it gets repaired I'll post the whole experience, but if they come through with what they are planning on doing I think I'll be very happy and willing to come back.
And this is reason #87 why I won't go near the dealership for any work; when my '13 was brand new there were a couple of 'warranty' issues. I went out of pocket and did the work myself, I just couldn't let those knuckle-draggers near my ride; no one will care for my bike like I will.

I hope the dealership makes you whole again, and if not; drop the hammer on them

Old 12-31-2016, 02:49 PM
Smogbob
Road Captain
Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

I came from Brit bikes to Harleys about 10 years ago, and if you take the time to read the service manual, and look up many things in this brilliant forum, you can basically do everything yourself, then the few things you cannot do because you do not have the right tools, you can always find a mate who has the tool, just my 2 cents, and I do not let Harley wrenches near my ride, not because they are all bad, it is just the bill at the end.

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
And this is reason #87 why I won't go near the dealership for any work; when my '13 was brand new there were a couple of 'warranty' issues. I went out of pocket and did the work myself, I just couldn't let those knuckle-draggers near my ride; no one will care for my bike like I will.

I hope the dealership makes you whole again, and if not; drop the hammer on them

Old 12-31-2016, 03:03 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Smogbob
I came from Brit bikes to Harleys about 10 years ago, and if you take the time to read the service manual, and look up many things in this brilliant forum, you can basically do everything yourself, then the few things you cannot do because you do not have the right tools, you can always find a mate who has the tool, just my 2 cents, and I do not let Harley wrenches near my ride, not because they are all bad, it is just the bill at the end.

I've always done all my own work and it had been a very long time since I'd bought a new HD; I knew what was working back in the dealership service bays so when a few issues appeared in the first 1k miles I ordered the parts and took care of the problems. I looked at it as I never actually had a factory warranty anyway, that's just a talking point that way too many fret over.

As an example; the day I bought the bike, I told them to not hook up the Battery Tender pigtail. When I got her home after the MotoTune RPM drills I found they'd installed the pigtail anyway and bent the battery box cover to feed the pigtail out because they couldn't figure out there's a hole in the back of the box that works perfectly for that...

That new battery box cover and trim was another $112 out of pocket. That dealership has since been sold and the new owner is trying to right the reputation ship with limited success but I never walk through their doors

Old 12-31-2016, 03:29 PM
WH1_T-type
Road Captain
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice

I'm active Navy and the destroyer I'm on is taking the whole "sea duty" thing VERY seriously. Going to use the warranty while I have it.

They seem to be bending over backward to fix this. I've got a 2017 Road King until it is fixed.

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?