Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 04:42 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 734 Likes on 564 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
The motorcycle I've owned for the shortest amount of time was an '05 carbed NightTrain; I couldn't sell it fast enough. The time I owned it was measured in only days
Never ridden a NightTrain. Why are they held in such low regard? I haven't heard anything good about them and everyone I know that owned one sold it fairly quickly.

Old 12-04-2016, 05:33 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,199 Likes on 1,685 Posts

But it's going to be one long winter...
i know a couple that buys old bikes, put in a little work on them and put them in storage in various parts of the country. when they want to change the weather and ride, the drive or fly to one of the bikes and ride. retirement plan?

Old 12-05-2016, 09:07 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,196 Likes on 3,374 Posts

The motorcycle I've owned for the shortest amount of time was an '05 carbed NightTrain; I couldn't sell it fast enough. The time I owned it was measured in only days
My buddy loves his. He bought it brand new, and has about 50K on it. I regularly give him ****.

Old 12-05-2016, 10:22 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Guild
Never ridden a NightTrain. Why are they held in such low regard? I haven't heard anything good about them and everyone I know that owned one sold it fairly quickly.
Originally Posted by HDConvert511
My buddy loves his. He bought it brand new, and has about 50K on it. I regularly give him ****.

The '05 Train was a low miles, but mostly neglected bike. I was attracted to it because it reminded me of a Wide Glide brother from a different mother. The owner had let 'friends' help 'tune' the bike to the point it wouldn't hardly run at all so I didn't do a test ride. Owner wanted it gone because it wouldn't run right so I got it for a great price and needed to trailer it home.

First, I cleaned her up; then replaced the carb with a new CV40, new A/C venting to atmosphere, new exhaust, new tires, new seat, front suspension upgrade, and lots of little fiddley-bits. I threw a bucket of cash over that Train before I ever got that first ride to start the tuning on the carb.

Even after getting the carb properly jetted and adjusted, that Train felt like a 90 pound weakling when compared to my '03 Wide Glide; I mean, it was SLOW. Never let anyone kid you, there's a distinct difference in the 'A' and 'B' engines. The only direction it cared for was a straight line; it felt heavy and wallowed through curves that my Wide Glide would run firm and planted screaming, MORE! I could never get comfortable on it, always felt cramped even with a BareBones seat getting me back as far as possible.

But, it did look good sitting in the garage next to my Wide Glide. It felt nice to have brought that Train back to life but not needing a piece of garage art, I sold it to a friend of a friend and basically broke even on the deal. He dropped it a few times and sold it. I heard through the grapevine that the next owner ran wide in a corner on a group ride and tossed out in to the tall grass.

Too bad, it was pretty to look at; I bought it right before the July 4th holiday and sold it before August; a Softie is for looking at and a Dyna is for people who actually love to ride

Old 12-05-2016, 11:04 AM
Hellbilly562
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13,167 Likes on 5,401 Posts

Added a sissy bar and installed some different risers on my wife's LRS....

Old 12-05-2016, 11:22 AM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 734 Likes on 564 Posts

Man, I am a bit envious of those LRS.

Old 12-05-2016, 11:23 AM
Frank Maleno
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nothing I put stable360 in the tank and plugged in the Battery Tender then put the new cover on her and watched the snow fall. It's going to be a long ****ing winter.

Old 12-05-2016, 11:32 AM
stonei3
Club Member
Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

[QUOTE=Hellbilly562;15732643]Added a sissy bar and installed some different risers on my wife's LRS....

Sissy Bar looks good!

The following users liked this post:
Hellbilly562 (12-05-2016)
Old 12-05-2016, 11:47 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by Hellbilly562
The 'S' is really looking good

Must be something in the water on HDForums today; I ordered a 16" Bowman Welding sissy bar for my Wide Glide earlier this morning

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2017-HA...item25c97267c5

Old 12-05-2016, 11:51 AM
Hellbilly562
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13,167 Likes on 5,401 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Guild
Man, I am a bit envious of those LRS.
I'm loving it...it's so fun to ride...I love getting it down in the corners....I'm a bit of an old MXer...my wife told me last night I'm not allowed to ride it any more....

[QUOTE=stonei3;15732705]
Originally Posted by Hellbilly562

Sissy Bar looks good!
Thanks...that's from The Forge LLC....I didn't want it too tall or short and this one fitted perfectly.....

The 'S' is really looking good

Must be something in the water on HDForums today; I ordered a 16" Bowman Welding sissy bar for my Wide Glide earlier this morning

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2017-HA...item25c97267c5
Brother....I'm still giggling from my ride on it yesterday.....Mel told me last night I'm not allowed to ride it any more......

Yesterday was the first time she rode it since I tuned it for her.....she took it to her nail appointment and sent me a text when she got there.... "Man that thing is scary fast....I'm still shaking..."

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 12-13-2016 at 10:49 AM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?