Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 05:40 AM
Jasber
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Ordered a replacement bolt for my stock A/C since it vibrated loose and completely out when I ride my new SB to the corner store and back. Luckily, I caught the cover on the way off the bike! Nuts that it was that loose on only my second ride from the dealer!

Old 08-22-2016, 05:59 AM
Shaved Ice
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50
Funny, but I've never owned a Harley for speed. Have owned a Triumph Sprint 1050, a ZZR1200 and two Concours 14's for speed fixes. Dead solid stable at speed, were each of those. My FXDC felt twitchy at 85-90 MPH. I simply enjoy riding Harleys for Harley's sake. The XR1200 has enough funtime power for me today.
I have ridden sport bikes also. But for me, it is always more fun to ride a slow bike fast (Harley), than ride a fast bike slow (sport bike).

Old 08-22-2016, 06:22 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaved Ice
I have ridden sport bikes also. But for me, it is always more fun to ride a slow bike fast (Harley), than ride a fast bike slow (sport bike).
I agree. Same holds true for cars, IMO.

Old 08-22-2016, 06:37 AM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,199 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by Jasber
Ordered a replacement bolt for my stock A/C since it vibrated loose and completely out when I ride my new SB to the corner store and back. Luckily, I caught the cover on the way off the bike! Nuts that it was that loose on only my second ride from the dealer!
loctite 242.... your new best friend. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000132VDA...d_i=B00A70IMH6

Originally Posted by cvaria
Finally going down to pick up the bike in the morning...

The pile is out of control:

finally got a man sized bottle of loctite blue i saw it in a video and had to get it

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...l#post15386125

Old 08-22-2016, 07:55 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
Should have "reversed" your rear axle. Now you gotta pull yer exhaust to remove your rear wheel.
Originally Posted by cggorman
Not an issue with proper length pipes.
Not necessarily. .my exhaust blocks my axle and I just pulled the wheel and re-installed without removing the exhaust. Place scissor jack under tire, undo shock bolts, raise swingarm/wheel combo higher into fender until axle will clear the exhaust. Remove axle, lower scissor jack, remaining components and wheel comes out. Reverse to re-install, would be helpful to have someone assist in getting the wheel into position on the scissor jack. I'm nervous about reversing the axle as I read a discussion years back about how the threads are right hand thread on the left side of the bike and flipping it around could possibly allow the nut to loosen under weight and acceleration/deceleration forces. I don't know if I buy into that but it came that way from the factory so if I can I will keep it that way.

Originally Posted by Tall Timber

A bit disappointed in the quality of a couple of components in the DK kit.

This riser extensions was like this when I unwrapped the bubble wrap. The other riser appears to have been dropped.

I just got mine last week and they were pretty flawless. The issue I have with them is they didn't bother to match them to the gloss black risers so they stick out. They're semi gloss black spacers and the risers are gloss black. Kind of defeats the purpose of them blending in. Maybe I'm just nit picking but if I were to make these I would make them match. The company Spacer Jims when they sold theirs, now gone, matched.

The following users liked this post:
Tall Timber (08-23-2016)
Old 08-22-2016, 11:26 AM
PTECH
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tall Timber
This riser extensions was like this when I unwrapped the bubble wrap. The other riser appears to have been dropped.
I got a set and mine came in dinged up too, but not as bad yours. I was also bummed they don't match the stock gloss black. Pretty disappointing all around.

Last edited by PTECH; 08-22-2016 at 11:31 AM.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:35 AM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Wonder if Kevin is aware product is leaving his shop in less than pristine condition? He is a sponsor for the site and I'm sure he doesn't want any bad press. Not so good for business. May want to PM him about the problems encountered. Just sayin'... tp dd50

Old 08-22-2016, 12:03 PM
jz78817
Road Master
Received 287 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
Should have "reversed" your rear axle. Now you gotta pull yer exhaust to remove your rear wheel.
it's a slip-on muffler. one bolt and one clamp, and it's off.

Old 08-22-2016, 06:10 PM
jack6hd
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Put a heat shield over top of rear cylinder. Also installed a Heavy Breather. I think an oil cooler is next on my list.

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 08-22-2016, 07:46 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,204 Likes on 2,443 Posts

Originally Posted by PTECH
I got a set and mine came in dinged up too, but not as bad yours. I was also bummed they don't match the stock gloss black. Pretty disappointing all around.
Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50
Wonder if Kevin is aware product is leaving his shop in less than pristine condition? He is a sponsor for the site and I'm sure he doesn't want any bad press. Not so good for business. May want to PM him about the problems encountered. Just sayin'... tp dd50

You being happy with your order is our Top Priority!

Please, Please contact us if you have received dinged up parts from us.

We have had a few folks already contact us about their Fat Risers being dinged up.

We found out how/why it happened, and we have since resolved the issue, but we cannot replace your parts if you don't contact us at:

Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Voice 662-252-8828
Text 662-420-4891

We are very sorry if you have received anything dinged up. This is Not normal for us...but there was a problem with a batch of Fat Risers and we are happy to make it right if you received some bad ones.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

The following 3 users liked this post by DK Custom:
natedog_37 (08-23-2016), SixDD (08-23-2016), Tall Timber (08-23-2016)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?