Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 07:19 PM
Whtwolf14
Road Master
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Yup is what it is. Revenue generation...thing is it should of failed with the exhaust being tampered with 😏. It's 12 bucks here. Sorry I brought it up...

Old 08-05-2016, 07:23 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by Whtwolf14
Yup is what it is. Revenue generation...thing is it should of failed with the exhaust being tampered with ��. It's 12 bucks here. Sorry I brought it up...
Oh hell, don't be sorry; this is exactly what this thread is for. Our rants and raves and day to day drama with these Dyna's. Don't feel at all like you shouldn't post the drama; it is what it is. Your bike passed inspection and you're good to go, that's what really counts; don't mind the ranting about injust taxes, I just hate to see people having to pay for the privilege to ride their HD's...

Last edited by TinCupChalice; 08-05-2016 at 07:32 PM.
Old 08-05-2016, 09:10 PM
Jake911
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Got a 50 miles or so ride in on my new FXDL to and from the dealer. Picked up a service manual. Had the VIN verified for registration. Had the dealer perform the ignition switch recall and was glad to find out it included the neck lock replacement as well. Good thing because somehow I lost the keys and now have a new set of two.

Old 08-06-2016, 07:55 AM
Whtwolf14
Road Master

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
Oh hell, don't be sorry; this is exactly what this thread is for. Our rants and raves and day to day drama with these Dyna's. Don't feel at all like you shouldn't post the drama; it is what it is. Your bike passed inspection and you're good to go, that's what really counts; don't mind the ranting about injust taxes, I just hate to see people having to pay for the privilege to ride their HD's...
Well, we are a "Commonwealth" after all...I'm going for ride before the rain starts

Old 08-06-2016, 02:46 PM
3L3C7R0
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Got the head light replaced

I heard a new random squeak. Noticed headlight bracket was broken. They replaced it and washed her up nice. Didn't cost me a penny. I love the level of service from Harley-Davidson of Scottsdale.

Last edited by 3L3C7R0; 08-06-2016 at 03:08 PM.
Old 08-06-2016, 07:38 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

^^Love that paint color.

Tonight I am going to fiddle with the wiring connections. I am forcing myself to go get it done.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:32 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Did a group day ride today, had a newer rider in the group, the wife of a friend who wanted to get out and have the chance to do a longer ride. I chatted her up on throttle control, vision, friction zone, and corner entry; I like to know who I'm riding with. I was asked to lead the group, I do set a pretty nice pace I put the newer rider staggered behind me so she could see my lane position and corner entry on the curves we were going to ride through next.

We made a stop at Houghton Lake to fuel up; turning right leaving the parking lot I swung out into the far left of the inside lane on the 4 lane road; I immediately checked my mirrors and watched her bin her bike into the right lane as she tried to copy my line to turn into the inside lane.

I pulled a 180 in the road and put the Wide Glide on the sidewalk; she was up and moving so I picked up her bike and got it off M55. Nasty road rash on her right arm; a t-shirt and a vest isn't going to do much for you when you go down. I checked out her bike; a few gouges but it was straight and running true, no damage, and it was safe to ride.

This lady was a trooper, she got back on that bike and finished that ride but her right arm was a mess.

Not too happy with myself tonight; I'd told her do what I do, follow my line but she didn't have the understanding of the fundamentals to do it... any wonder why I prefer to ride alone...

Morning update: talked with her this AM. Bumps and bruises and road rash but nothing broken. In talking with her I believe she was unable to make that tight of a turn due to limited practice with the friction zone, throttle, head and eyes, and rear brake; told me she was afraid she'd end up in the oncoming traffic lane. Practice your slow speed handling, folks!

Last edited by TinCupChalice; 08-07-2016 at 09:33 AM.
Old 08-06-2016, 08:42 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Glad she was OK. I ride around 99% of the time solo too. I ride for my enjoyment, not to impress or compete with others, which can easily happen unless those others are very well known to me. tp dd50

Old 08-07-2016, 11:28 AM
Ghost_13
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,741 Likes on 3,171 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
Morning update: talked with her this AM. Bumps and bruises and road rash but nothing broken. In talking with her I believe she was unable to make that tight of a turn due to limited practice with the friction zone, throttle, head and eyes, and rear brake; told me she was afraid she'd end up in the oncoming traffic lane. Practice your slow speed handling, folks!
Hate that it happened - but now maybe she has a new found appreciation why training & practice are vital

As is not riding (attempting maneuvers) over one's skill level

=============

Make sure she doesn't get gun shy - unplanned dismounts are just another aspect of riding

Great new is she was able to ride away from it

Ghost

Old 08-07-2016, 12:28 PM
Whtwolf14
Road Master

Rode it to Church...the long way��

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?