Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 03:40 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 734 Likes on 564 Posts

Originally Posted by SixDD
Well I got the wires through the handlebars. Super Tedious. Maybe tomorrow I'll clean all the fingerprints off the handlebars. I am going to get some black mesh wire loom for the exposed wires. I still have to install the connecters. I broke one of the orange wedge pieces on one of the connectors. I hope things work without it.

I also installed a new left upper switch housing. The original one had a deep scratch.

It will work without it, but it takes a lot of work to get the connector to sit fully engaged. The orange piece woks mostly as a guide so that the male pins are guided easily in to the female pins. Without it, it can be difficult and the pins may not all slide properly into the female pins.

The following users liked this post:
SixDD (07-19-2016)
Old 07-19-2016, 04:02 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

If it fails to work I'll just hard wire it. I see now how I could have removed it fully intact - silly me.

Old 07-19-2016, 04:03 PM
TJ->
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Whtwolf14
My son wanted to go out for a ride, so I went to throw on the passenger seat & sissy bar..."snap"...broke the fender nut. *****!! Got on Kutter and ordered up 2 to have some on hand for the next time. Can't ride for a week...way to go dad!
That sucks. But your story reminded me of a similar (but funny) story. The day that I picked up my Street Bob, I took the long way home. After I got home, I noticed that one of the screws/bolts that sits on top of the rear fender was missing. I assumed that it vibrated out and fell off during my ride home.

The next day I went back to the dealer and spoke with the parts guy. He told me that "at least you know you have a REAL Harley". That was my first experience owning a Harley.

Old 07-19-2016, 04:26 PM
esteboatan
Tourer
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

I finally installed my fuel moto micro tuner today. I had been delaying it, firstly I didnt have a USB cable to upload my Bassani map onto it, then I didnt have a Posi-Tap to make the connection to the TPS wire and next excuse was not having any of the O2 optimizers/resistors that the tuner needs.
Spoke with fuel moto and they said I can install it without the O2 resistors and I would just get an error light but it would be all good to go. So I did the install, very easy once I figured out the connectors wiring diagram.
Took the bike out for a spin around the block and all decel popping is gone so I presume the map is working well.
But the weird thing is that I do not get any of the O2 sensor errors even though they are detached from the bike and no resistors are connected in their place. Dont know why, anyone else have an idea?

Old 07-19-2016, 04:48 PM
Whtwolf14
Road Master
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by TJ->
That sucks. But your story reminded me of a similar (but funny) story. The day that I picked up my Street Bob, I took the long way home. After I got home, I noticed that one of the screws/bolts that sits on top of the rear fender was missing. I assumed that it vibrated out and fell off during my ride home.

The next day I went back to the dealer and spoke with the parts guy. He told me that "at least you know you have a REAL Harley". That was my first experience owning a Harley.
Well you're story reminded me of another potential screw up. Took my boards off to reinstall the mids and noticed the retaining wire was gone from the pin holding the brake pedal rod. Crap...came off sometime the last couple of rides. Awesome🙄

Old 07-19-2016, 08:04 PM
irensby
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I'be spent what seems like forever looking for a great solo seat. Last winter I bought a used Street Bob seat thinking it would be awesome. Boy was I wrong. So.... I found a local upholstery god and chopped up some foam and a seat pan. Went from stock to full on awesome custom for the same price as an off the shelf seat. I'm posting from my phone. The pics might show up in no particular order!

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:47 PM
jack6hd
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ordered a new seat and sissy bar w/pad for 2 up riding. Stayed with all HD product from Boardtracker HD. Online sales are 20% off.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:58 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Ordered a pack of 5 of those orange connector pieces to replace the broken one for $4.98 from Boardtracker.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:44 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by irensby
I'be spent what seems like forever looking for a great solo seat. Last winter I bought a used Street Bob seat thinking it would be awesome. Boy was I wrong. So.... I found a local upholstery god and chopped up some foam and a seat pan. Went from stock to full on awesome custom for the same price as an off the shelf seat. I'm posting from my phone. The pics might show up in no particular order!
Check out the new Sportster Roadster seat, and you will see your upgraded seat's almost twin. Sat on one recently. Firm yet supportive. That little thing on the back is a pillion, at least that's what they claim. tp

Old 07-20-2016, 08:25 AM
KSJ08
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by esteboatan
I finally installed my fuel moto micro tuner today. I had been delaying it, firstly I didnt have a USB cable to upload my Bassani map onto it, then I didnt have a Posi-Tap to make the connection to the TPS wire and next excuse was not having any of the O2 optimizers/resistors that the tuner needs.
Spoke with fuel moto and they said I can install it without the O2 resistors and I would just get an error light but it would be all good to go. So I did the install, very easy once I figured out the connectors wiring diagram.
Took the bike out for a spin around the block and all decel popping is gone so I presume the map is working well.
But the weird thing is that I do not get any of the O2 sensor errors even though they are detached from the bike and no resistors are connected in their place. Dont know why, anyone else have an idea?
It might take a few miles for ECM to react to O2 sensors dis-connected

The following users liked this post:
esteboatan (07-20-2016)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?