Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 03:56 PM
Capt Steve
Road Captain
Received 244 Likes on 90 Posts
Talking Took a ride and did a little shopping....

My 40 mile ride down to the VA takes me past the local Harley dealer so I had to stop for one of the free ($60), cups of coffee. That about what I usually spend while sipping the free joe. Picked up a pint of Dot 4 brake fluid as the fronts are about due to be bled.

Also bought a new Screaming Eagle air cleaner element. The old one didn't look too bad but Tucson is a dusty venue and I have heard allegations that in exchange for better flow you have to give up some filtration. (???) I do know that in combo with the custom two into one straight pipes she breathes real nice {Can you hear me now?}.

I will give the old one a good soak/scrubbing in hot soapy water and then blow it out with the compressor and make it my back up. Anyone had problems with dirt getting past these filters and back into the throttle body?

Stopped by Cycle Gear on the way home and put a new shield on my full face and picked up a pair of the Iron Bilt jeans to back up my camo cargo's. Pretty close to a pair of Benjamin's by the time I rolled back home.

Oh well... as my dad used to say:

"Any problem that can be solved by money is NOT a problem.... if you have the money."

Old 03-09-2016, 05:02 PM
Mxdad
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 457 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
Ordered a new J&S motorcycle lift, something I should have done a long time ago. I've been using the cheap Sears/Harbor Freight motorcycle/ATV lifts that were modded with 2" spacers and 1/2" x 8" grade 8 bolts to move the lift pads outward to avoid having to use the HD lift adapters.

I was never comfortable with the cantilever effect on the lifts arms when the Wide Glide was on the lift. A smaller lighter bike was not a problem, with the WG on either of the lifts you could see the effect so I would never leave the WG up on it for long. I've got several updates to do to the bike and with work being insane the WG would have to sit on the lift, perhaps for a few weeks; the J&S is back ordered for a week or so but I can wait

I pulled the two cheap lifts out of the garage and put them at the end of the driveway with a 'free' sign on them before I went to work this AM; I just got home and they're both gone.
You will love the J&S, best money I ever spent. I position mine so the front lift arm is just in front of the kickstand, the rear lift arm will then be just behind the extended Dyna frame rail. Lift it up and it is rock solid, I have never used a strap its that stable on the jack. In the garage mine is on jack more often than not. I often jack it up to make it easy to scoot around on a roller stool and clean any bugs/road scum from the previous ride and most often just leave it on the lift.

Old 03-09-2016, 06:15 PM
10SG
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2 " tank lift

I'm new here....lotsa work to do on Sallie

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:23 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

I had to order new hardware for the new pegs, so today I did that. I also ordered two sets of handlebars-Burly Brand 14" and 12 " narrow ape hangers. I'll make up my mind when they arrive. I also ordered a la choppers brand 1 1/2" riser set and a set of solid riser bushings. Holding off on the longer cables order for now.

Old 03-09-2016, 07:24 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Originally Posted by 10SG
Welcome; nice bike!

The following users liked this post:
10SG (03-09-2016)
Old 03-09-2016, 07:41 PM
itscaptaincody
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pulled off my Leatherpros and shipped them out (sold em). Installed my Danmoto 2 into 1 Highway man exhaust. Still waiting on my Sumax bag brackets to arrive so I can install HD touring hard bags. Then I'm going to blow it apart for paint

Old 03-09-2016, 07:51 PM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 888 Likes on 584 Posts

Dude!!!!!!! I wouldn't change a thing, that fkr is sweet.

Old 03-09-2016, 07:53 PM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 888 Likes on 584 Posts

Wrestled with a battery issue and fkn key fob trouble.......wtf?

Old 03-09-2016, 08:05 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by 04FXDI
Wrestled with a battery issue and fkn key fob trouble.......wtf?
Basically, Life's a bi-och, and if it wasn't that, it would be something else. Sorry to hear of your situation. Hope it works itself out for you. tp

Old 03-09-2016, 08:11 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

JMHO, maybe a different exhaust and call it good! That bike is sweet!

The following users liked this post:
10SG (03-09-2016)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?