Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 01:10 PM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior
Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by awhiskeyFXDB
Finally got a break in the weather in Michigan to ride it! had to test out to new grips too.

are those pro taper pillow grips?

Old 03-08-2016, 05:00 PM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 734 Likes on 407 Posts

Since spring is here, figured it was a good time to start on the winter mods...30t front pulley/68T rear pulley off a Sporty, and a Baker primary chain adjuster.

Attachment 523942

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 03-08-2016, 05:29 PM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 858 Likes on 572 Posts

Got the next step in the fender swap almost buttoned up today, just waiting on a few parts before I tighten it all down and drop her in.

Old 03-08-2016, 07:36 PM
1999 Wide Glide
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Annual Maintenance, Brakes and new Exhaust tips

Finally got around to doing the brakes with new drilled rotors, Lyndall Z pads. I then did a complete fluid change with new oil filter. Then I decided to add 4" exhaust tips to my custom built dual exhaust system. Now she is ready to go for the riding season. Yee Haa!!!

Old 03-08-2016, 08:13 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Got the Motone lights buttoned up.

The completed custom assembly on the left, Original Motone LED in the center, & Revival Cycle Supernova lights on right...

Same room lighting...The LEDs blow out the camera. Notice the FAR superior off-axis light from the custom setup. Important for multi-lane traffic and high-seating-position vehicles (trucks, semis)

On axis...

The supernova is pretty impressive for the size and cost, but I fear real-world visibility may be inadequate for their exclusive use as run/turn/brake lights. I may still use them as aux rear lights. They would tuck in under the seat nicely.

Oh, here's a first pass at a mounting bracket concept (a quick CAD rendering). I've got some refinements to make tomorrow.

Last edited by cggorman; 03-08-2016 at 08:19 PM.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:12 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 190 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
Hmm, hmm, taters ; and extra thick Falls Brand bacon

The following users liked this post:
cvaria (03-09-2016)
Old 03-08-2016, 10:30 PM
bringtheruckus
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bringtheruckus
Yea so it shouldnt effect any change with the cartridge itself (spring, spacer, damper) the preload spacer is still installed at the top of the spring as it should be. This will just add 2.5" to the overall height of my front end. Sure it probably wont HELP my performance but I cant see it hindering it either, may slightly effect the dampening in the stock banjo but all hole sizing is the same. Just 2 1/2" longer for the fluid to travel. I can get some pictures of it all together once it gets turned out.

Reason : I just want the front end to sit higher haha

I obviously wont be this high, but I think it will sit better

Threw my spacers in today, I think theyll work out slick. Need to get it out and really ride it tho. I need to adjust my head light and I should be getting my fairing back from paint soon, cant wait to see it all back together.

Old 03-09-2016, 01:18 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,750 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Ordered a new J&S motorcycle lift, something I should have done a long time ago. I've been using the cheap Sears/Harbor Freight motorcycle/ATV lifts that were modded with 2" spacers and 1/2" x 8" grade 8 bolts to move the lift pads outward to avoid having to use the HD lift adapters.

I was never comfortable with the cantilever effect on the lifts arms when the Wide Glide was on the lift. A smaller lighter bike was not a problem, with the WG on either of the lifts you could see the effect so I would never leave the WG up on it for long. I've got several updates to do to the bike and with work being insane the WG would have to sit on the lift, perhaps for a few weeks; the J&S is back ordered for a week or so but I can wait

I pulled the two cheap lifts out of the garage and put them at the end of the driveway with a 'free' sign on them before I went to work this AM; I just got home and they're both gone.

Old 03-09-2016, 02:20 PM
Twospot
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
Ordered a new J&S motorcycle lift, something I should have done a long time ago. I've been using the cheap Sears/Harbor Freight motorcycle/ATV lifts that were modded with 2" spacers and 1/2" x 8" grade 8 bolts to move the lift pads outward to avoid having to use the HD lift adapters.

I was never comfortable with the cantilever effect on the lifts arms when the Wide Glide was on the lift. A smaller lighter bike was not a problem, with the WG on either of the lifts you could see the effect so I would never leave the WG up on it for long. I've got several updates to do to the bike and with work being insane the WG would have to sit on the lift, perhaps for a few weeks; the J&S is back ordered for a week or so but I can wait

I pulled the two cheap lifts out of the garage and put them at the end of the driveway with a 'free' sign on them before I went to work this AM; I just got home and they're both gone.
I ordered one last Tuesday March 1. I'm bummed that it still has not shipped. Spoke with Steve yesterday and he said they got hammered with bike week so they're out. He said it should ship mid/late next week. I'm a little miffed they charged me for it before it ships.

Old 03-09-2016, 02:23 PM
fxdli
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Back on the road after 2 1/2 months, 70 miles. Ahhh!

Attachment 463094

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?