Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 02:41 AM
bignin
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got my Mikuni on.

Yup, I know I'm missing the air cleaner, just waiting on the little bracket to fit it, didn't come with the kit I got.

I was given a brand new Mikuni for a shovel (a Riviera kit), by a mate who had had it in his garage with a shovel engine he was going to do something with. Anyway, he sold the shovel motor and gave me the carb.

The carb was manufactured prior to 99, so after a bit of research, I found out the throttle and idle were moved to the right side of the carb after 99, mine is on the left.

Also on the older carb the throttle cable has a 90 degree bend at the carb end amd is shorter than the idle cable. Took me a fair bit of mucking around but I got the cables that came with the kit to work for now. They're on the limit of being too short but just work. I'm gonna order some replacements and fit them as soon as I can.

Good thing I did have to change out the cable though.

So, took the bike for a quick rip without the air cleaner, and the Mikuni plus the Andrews 37N's are awesome! Little bit of fiddling needed with the carb but she was pretty much sweet out of the box.

Short vid of her idling after the test.

The following users liked this post:
Rsbenden (07-10-2019)
Old 02-21-2015, 09:18 PM
fatbobbiL
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Mod Suggestions...

Two weeks ago I bought a 2015 Black Denim w/Flames Dyna Wide Glide and I'm gung-ho on customizing it just the way I want it. Carrying over from my 2013 Fat Bob, I swapped my R&B Racing exhaust and heavy breather intake to the new bike. Had it tuned:
New bike (2015 Wide Glide) - Torque=102.22 & Power=81.61
Last bike (2013 Fat Bob) - Torque=96.52 & Max Power=79.58
The dealership told me HD changed the cam in the 103ci for 2015.
Strange but the Fat Bob felt like it had more seat-of-the-pants pull?

Today I'm doing the following:
1) Changing front headlight to the LED. I wanted a custom chrome headlight housing but was told the LED wouldn't fit into any of them.
2) Kuryakyn chrome ISO hand grips.
3) Replace little red reflector on rear fender with red LED chopped fender edge light (want them to see me).
4) Quick release compact windshield 18" clear polished.
5) Tank Lift kit

Future Mods:
1) I NEED a new seat - my butt gets pins-n-needles in just 15 minutes. Problem is I like the look of the stock seat, specially the rear passenger pillion and would like to keep it & only change the rider's seat. Is that possible? Who makes the best replacement solo seat for the Wide Glide that is close to the same size as the stock seat and allows me to keep the stock passenger pillion???
2) I'll replace everything on the handlebar with chrome.
3) Lower fork sliders to chrome & maybe chrome spoke wheels. (Can U tell I'm old school?)
4) One piece detachable sissy bar upright (if I can decide between chrome or black).
5) Performance: A) What do yawl think about the premium oil cooler kit? Is it a good idea? B) And what do my two wheel friends think about the SE stage IV kit? I wouldn't mind a little more torque.

I'm spending too much on this bike because I love the way it rides and I can't ever see myself replacing it. I hope I'm right.

Old 02-21-2015, 09:36 PM
rjo3491
Road Master
Received 150 Likes on 103 Posts

...I raised the cover, checked the battery, lowered the cover and noted that there are 29 days (to erase two feet of snow) until Spring.

Old 02-21-2015, 11:32 PM
RC51Crazy
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well it is in the shop..yet again...not the battery again or the front fork seals... but the instrument cluster. The battery light would glow very dimly all the time after you shut the bike off. I thought it might be a loose ground and checked all the major grounds..Did not fix it. Took it back (under warranty) and they said the speedometer was bad, so Harley said to replace the cluster. Hope this is the last time it has to see the shop.

Old 02-22-2015, 12:13 AM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,732 Likes on 3,100 Posts

Went to the HD dealership to check on some wheels for my GF's Dyna Low. They only market the rear wheel in the "Stinger" profile!

They have a once a month "ride with the crew" so I went about 100 miles with them today. Some can ride, and some need guidance. The carne asada and gelato were first cabin!

Then we get back to the dealership and they have a bike I like in the color I like without ABS, at a price that's not terrible, but not really good either. Mr. Sales Mgr. asks me if I'd like to take it for a ride...

I had to get outa there quickly, before I bought another Harley...

He said, "Make me a ridiculus offer."

Damn, him!

Old 02-22-2015, 01:28 AM
skinman13
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 234 Likes on 169 Posts

my son high-sided a tight curve last July and banged up his 2004 Low Rider...and trashed his left wrist. He got around $4500 to fix the bike back up so we decided to just spend it all and go all the way. So far, "we" (mostly ME) have replaced (starting from the front to the back)

Replaced the 14 inch apes with 10 inch minis, drilled and internally wired, black switch housings and switch caps with chrome ones, clutch and front brake controls with trigger controls, replaced the front brake switch he broke taking it all apart, new OEM throttle and clutch cables, relocated the front turn signals (and fixed a buttload of crappy wiring splices), new Kuryakyn ISO handgrips, Dually footpegs with heel rests, Longhorn rear brake pedal and gear shifter

Installed a new rear brake control rod to work with the new forward controls because the left controls were trashed when he went down so we decided just to replace both sides with the newer style, replaced the damaged left rear turn signal, rewired both rear turn signals (and fixed more shitty wiring splices) and replaced the tail light and front and rear turn signals with LEDs, installed a Kuryakyn flasher module for the rear lights, New Willie G derby, timer cover, handle bar clamp, front axle covers and a winged Willie G medallion on the battery cover just because...They don't make Willie G rear axle nut covers or he would have done those as well instead of the standard HD MoCo ones he put on...

The gas tank had a big dent so we replaced it with a new old stock one we found that was painted Sierra Red and Brilliant Silver with the Harley Davidson decal and orange pinstripe...which meant that he had to get the front and rear fenders painted to match ($950)...and a Willie G gas cap, of course...along with new fuel lines, a new tank filter, gasket and screws...

We put a chrome screw kit on the primary, tappet blocks, and cam cover, and replaced all the rusty chrome fasteners with either polished stainless or chrome...

I worked on it all day and it is mostly finished but we still need to install the new SE exhaust system, put on the tank, and fine tune everything. Hoping to get all that done tomorrow so I can take some photos...

There is a new seat on the list and he wants a Willie G air filter cover but he hasn't decided which way to go, and a tall sissy bar with a Willie G medallion...I am starting to think he is really into the Willie G skull motif...

Old 02-22-2015, 09:53 AM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by rsking45
After hours of tweaking the bracket for my new Bassani exhaust, I finally got it installed,all but the heat shields.It looks good and sounds nice,I hope its worth all the aggravation on the install. It was a toss up between V&H pro pipe and the RRII. If I did it allover again I would go with the pro pipe
I have got a whole thread on the trials and tribulations of installing a Bassani exhaust!

Anyway after I got it resolved, the looks and sound were awesome. Curious which particular RR model you got? IMHO the Bassanis look way better that a Pro Pipe but looks are in the eyes of the beholder....

Hope you feel better about them, if not go D&D before Pro Pipe!

Old 02-22-2015, 07:15 PM
socialoutcast
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I washed it lol.

Old 03-19-2015, 04:31 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Off today, and it kept threatening rain, but it finally went away. Took a ride, but traffic was starting to build, so the ride had to be brief. Been on the Concours, lately, commuting, because the bags hold the jacket and helmet. Felt soooo different being on the Dyna. Much more on the bike than in it. The Connie is fun though, in that it will do in 2nd, what the Custom does top end, and virtually no sensation of speed, but a cool adrenalin rush when 3rd is engaged. tp dd50

Hope everyone gets to finally ride again. Dang global warming again. tp

Old 03-21-2015, 05:46 PM
ghicks80
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I rode it.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?