Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2023, 07:35 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,541 Likes on 2,146 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy
What's the project? What are you waiting for?
Rockers

Its been a long road chasing an annoying top end tap. Going through the process of elimination before pulling things further apart. It started as an oil thread (I'm embarrassed to say) https://www.hdforums.com/forum/engin...g-top-end.html which ended up being all in my mind - you know, when you want something to sound better, it sometimes does? Which I put an end to and went here: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/twin-...tick-tock.html

Be careful, they are long and frustrating threads...

The following 2 users liked this post by Mchad:
Crazy (10-19-2023), Reindeer (10-19-2023)
Old 10-19-2023, 07:37 AM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,612 Likes on 849 Posts

I hope you have better luck today.

The following users liked this post:
Mchad (10-19-2023)
Old 10-19-2023, 07:53 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,541 Likes on 2,146 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy
I hope you have better luck today.
Haha, it won't take much!

Old 10-19-2023, 09:21 AM
Dynawobble
Club Member
Received 583 Likes on 262 Posts

Bitubo & Arlen Ness showed up yesterday! I'm not going to mount the Bitubos until I get my HPI exhaust cerakoted. No sense in taking the exhaust off and on... and off! Got an updated map from Fuel Moto and the throttle hesitation is gone. I'm going to run an auto tune session also after the HPI pipe install. The HPI pipe I scored had the front head pipe professionally repaired/replaced after a crash but it looks excellent. Plus $900 bucks for one of these pipes is a steal if you ask me.

The following 3 users liked this post by Dynawobble:
Addicted to Chaos (10-19-2023), Garage Queen Rescue (10-19-2023), snake_eyes (10-19-2023)
Old 10-19-2023, 10:12 AM
snake_eyes
Club Member
Received 1,252 Likes on 735 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
I looked at mine and cried, after getting the usual email from FedEx saying my parts were delayed in transit. Again…

FedEx man, I honestly don't know how they stay in business. Fully 90% of the shipments I receive from them are "delayed" for one reason or another. One afternoon my 20lb Pug was in the yard and the driver barely slowed down before punching the gas. 5 minutes later, I got a could not deliver message. I was looking out the window and saw the whole thing. I would have been at his door by the time he got my box from the back of the truck.

Old 10-19-2023, 03:43 PM
brownie4412
HDF Community Team
Received 1,038 Likes on 604 Posts

Originally Posted by snake_eyes
FedEx man, I honestly don't know how they stay in business. Fully 90% of the shipments I receive from them are "delayed" for one reason or another. One afternoon my 20lb Pug was in the yard and the driver barely slowed down before punching the gas. 5 minutes later, I got a could not deliver message. I was looking out the window and saw the whole thing. I would have been at his door by the time he got my box from the back of the truck.
That’s unfortunate…

My FedEx driver gives wishbones to our full-size poodle when she’s outside. When she’s not out, he tapes one to the box lol

snake_eyes (10-20-2023)
Old 10-19-2023, 03:44 PM
John CC
HDF Community Team
Received 873 Likes on 619 Posts

I think, at least for FedEx Home Delivery, they farm out the last leg of the trip to independent contractors. I complained once about a package that was left in the middle of the driveway, and the next package was delivered by a different contractor.

Old 10-19-2023, 04:56 PM
GREENOHAWK69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 575 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
Rockers

Its been a long road chasing an annoying top end tap. Going through the process of elimination before pulling things further apart. It started as an oil thread (I'm embarrassed to say) https://www.hdforums.com/forum/engin...g-top-end.html which ended up being all in my mind - you know, when you want something to sound better, it sometimes does? Which I put an end to and went here: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/twin-...tick-tock.html

Be careful, they are long and frustrating threads...
Have you looked into Rocker Lockers? As you have them off. 😀

I just installed some on my 97 WG as I was replacing the head gasket on the F & R cylinders. Haven't started the bike up yet (Fri or Sat) to see if they quiet it down.

Easy install too - rockers already off.

https://rockerlockers.com/

Old 10-20-2023, 11:49 AM
Dynawobble
Club Member
Received 583 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by John CC
I think, at least for FedEx Home Delivery, they farm out the last leg of the trip to independent contractors. I complained once about a package that was left in the middle of the driveway, and the next package was delivered by a different contractor.
My buddies wife used to work in HR for FedEx and just about every other FedEx package was just being tossed in the gutter at my mailbox so I asked if it was worth complaining about. She said FedEx has no requirements for porch delivery and that's pretty common practice. I avoid FedEx at all costs. It's pretty disgraceful.

Old 10-20-2023, 12:47 PM
snake_eyes
Club Member
Received 1,252 Likes on 735 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynawobble
My buddies wife used to work in HR for FedEx and just about every other FedEx package was just being tossed in the gutter at my mailbox so I asked if it was worth complaining about. She said FedEx has no requirements for porch delivery and that's pretty common practice. I avoid FedEx at all costs. It's pretty disgraceful.

Dynawobble (10-20-2023)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?