Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2023, 01:29 PM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 741 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by the_huber_show
...Got the new rotor on. I was going to drain the brake fluid but didn't have the 12point socket I needed I will be grabbing that and brake fluid tonight. Thursday evenings agenda is to get the wheel back on, install TC bro's bracket and the Brembo P4 caliper. Gotta have the bike ready to go for Saturday's 600 miles
I have that same rear caliper setup and I had a hell of a time getting it to bleed mounted on the bike. I ended up dismounting the caliper and laying it on the floor, sticking an old rotor between the pads, and bleeding it that way. That worked great. I'm assuming the caliper mounted higher than the master cylinder was the issue.

The following users liked this post:
the_huber_show (10-11-2023)
Old 10-11-2023, 01:31 PM
the_huber_show
Tourer
Received 168 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Reindeer
I have that same rear caliper setup and I had a hell of a time getting it to bleed mounted on the bike. I ended up dismounting the caliper and laying it on the floor, sticking an old rotor between the pads, and bleeding it that way. That worked great. I'm assuming the caliper mounted higher than the master cylinder was the issue.
Appreciate the tip and heads up!

Old 10-13-2023, 08:23 AM
the_huber_show
Tourer

Well last night was frustrating to say the least.... Not having a lift definitely makes things a little more difficult. Got the wheel installed with the TC bro's bracket and Brembo p4 caliper. I know it says on their website it requires longer brake line and by the pictures I can see they all run similar to how I did this mockup. This is the factory line mocked up. Anyone else run this set up or a similar and have a picture of how you ran your line? Just doesn't look right to me with the hard degree turn

Old 10-13-2023, 09:23 AM
snake_eyes
Club Member
Received 1,237 Likes on 725 Posts

Well last night was frustrating to say the least.... Not having a lift definitely makes things a little more difficult. Got the wheel installed with the TC bro's bracket and Brembo p4 caliper. I know it says on their website it requires longer brake line and by the pictures I can see they all run similar to how I did this mockup. This is the factory line mocked up. Anyone else run this set up or a similar and have a picture of how you ran your line? Just doesn't look right to me with the hard degree turn

I'm going to be going through this soon with Brembo GR4-RS radial mounts on my '17 FXDB. If it were me, I'd relace that brake line with one just a bit longer so I could go over/in front of the bracket instead of around, and also change the fitting to have a more appropriate angle on it to match the new situation.

the_huber_show (10-13-2023)
Old 10-13-2023, 09:44 AM
the_huber_show
Tourer

Originally Posted by snake_eyes
I'm going to be going through this soon with Brembo GR4-RS radial mounts on my '17 FXDB. If it were me, I'd relace that brake line with one just a bit longer so I could go over/in front of the bracket instead of around, and also change the fitting to have a more appropriate angle on it to match the new situation.
That's a good idea! I'll look into that.

Old 10-13-2023, 10:00 AM
snake_eyes
Club Member
Received 1,237 Likes on 725 Posts

That's a good idea! I'll look into that.
When I did the dual disc conversion and +2 forks on mine I had Galfer make my lines. It was super easy; they were really helpful and IIRC it wasn't stupid expensive. Here's a link to their custom brake lines, it looks really complicated but it's really not.
STANDARD & CUSTOM LINE ORDER PAGE | Galfer (galferusa.com)

Here are the lines they made for me a couple of years ago.

Old 10-13-2023, 10:55 AM
Dynawobble
Club Member
Received 579 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle 'B'
That's the Woods triple-nickle cams, right?
Yes.

Old 10-13-2023, 10:58 AM
Dynawobble
Club Member
Received 579 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by 98hotrodfatboy
@Dynawobble problem is not the cams.. He's not hitting down low because the top end is all stock.. He did nothing to improve on compression.. The 555 cam requires at the minimum 10.2:1 compression. 10.5:1 would be even better..
That was Fuel Moto's recommendation after a 45 minute conversation about all the different options. I'm sure a dyno tune will help a little. Hopefully!

Old 10-16-2023, 12:26 PM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 741 Likes on 410 Posts

I make a new brake line using a Magnum BYO kit. I'll try to remember to take a photo tonight of how I routed it.

the_huber_show (10-16-2023)
Old 10-16-2023, 04:53 PM
brownie4412
HDF Community Team
Received 1,032 Likes on 600 Posts

Finally dropping this thing off to get a proper tune. I’ve been trying to get this done since July, but the guy I’ve used in the past kept giving me the run around…

Decided to take it to Roeder Racing based on a brother’s recommendation. It’s about 2.5 hours each way, but if they’re as good as everyone says they are it doesn’t matter.

The following 4 users liked this post by brownie4412:
98hotrodfatboy (10-16-2023), Dynawobble (10-17-2023), Garage Queen Rescue (10-16-2023), snake_eyes (10-17-2023)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?