Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2023, 04:43 PM
brownie4412
HDF Community Team
Received 1,038 Likes on 604 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynawobble
Upgraded the cam chest. Wood 555s, Wood lifters, Fuel Moto quickie push rods, S&S oil pump and cam plate. I've been sitting on all these parts for over a year but I've been waiting on the only guy I want do the work. He's a one man show, works out of a shop on his property and has insane attention to detail. Like cleaning all hardware and chasing all threads before reinstalling. He also welded my cracked thunderheader bracket and slapped on a new front tire I had. His shop rate is $95 an hour which is extremely low for anywhere in California. I'm just using a power vision with a Fuel Moto map. It sounds great and seems to run smooth. Way less vibration out of the engine then before. Maybe my cam bearings were going out I'm not sure. Either way it's tighter now. I'm not sure about Wood's quality control. There was a gouge and a burr on two of the cam sprocket teeth. A little filing fixed it but still. Also one of the Fuel Moto push rods was pretty tough to thread out and some metal filings came out of it. Chasing the threads fixed that also but cheese and rice!

I spend a ton of time in Pell City, AL which is only a 10 min drive from Bobby’s shop. He’s a wealth of knowledge. I’ve been in there a few times. I mostly pass it on the way to this killer BBQ spot just down the road…. But he did send me home with a free t shirt on one occasion lol

Last edited by brownie4412; 10-06-2023 at 04:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Dynawobble (10-06-2023)
Old 10-06-2023, 04:49 PM
Dynawobble
Club Member
Received 583 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by brownie4412

I spend a ton of time in Pell City, AL which is only a 10 min drive from Bobby’s shop. He’s a wealth of knowledge. I’ve been in there a few times. I mostly pass it on the way to this killer BBQ spot just down the road…. But he did send me home with a free t shirt on one occasion lol
That's rad! I'm going to get the bike out tomorrow and let her eat! Should be satisfying.

Old 10-09-2023, 08:05 AM
snake_eyes
Club Member
Received 1,252 Likes on 735 Posts

Upgraded the cam chest. Wood 555s, Wood lifters, Fuel Moto quickie push rods, S&S oil pump and cam plate. I've been sitting on all these parts for over a year but I've been waiting on the only guy I want do the work. He's a one man show, works out of a shop on his property and has insane attention to detail. Like cleaning all hardware and chasing all threads before reinstalling. He also welded my cracked thunderheader bracket and slapped on a new front tire I had. His shop rate is $95 an hour which is extremely low for anywhere in California. I'm just using a power vision with a Fuel Moto map. It sounds great and seems to run smooth. Way less vibration out of the engine then before. Maybe my cam bearings were going out I'm not sure. Either way it's tighter now. I'm not sure about Wood's quality control. There was a gouge and a burr on two of the cam sprocket teeth. A little filing fixed it but still. Also one of the Fuel Moto push rods was pretty tough to thread out and some metal filings came out of it. Chasing the threads fixed that also but cheese and rice!
​​​​@Dynawobble are you still running your stock 103" pistons and jugs? Any plans to hit the dyno?

Old 10-09-2023, 08:09 AM
Dynawobble
Club Member

Originally Posted by snake_eyes
​​​​@Dynawobble are you still running your stock 103" pistons and jugs? Any plans to hit the dyno?
Yes. Stock pistons and jugs. I'm definitely going to do a dyno tune. The map I got from Fuel Moto has it starving for fuel at take off. I get some hiccups when I hit the throttle. It's rideable but I'm definitely getting a tune. I just scored an HPI exhaust last night from Instagram so I'm gonna wait until I have that installed.

Old 10-09-2023, 08:12 AM
snake_eyes
Club Member

Originally Posted by brownie4412
I just sent you the tracking info.

Here's a good video on removing the bezel. The key is just taking your time. It'll feel like you've went around the gauge 500 times once it comes loose lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLl3P4o_DTk
Looks like it's finally at my local PO this morning after taking a tour of the upper Midwest. Pretty funny it went from De Graff to Columbus and stayed for a few days, then back to De Graff it went, only to come back to Columbus later that afternoon. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

Old 10-09-2023, 08:22 AM
snake_eyes
Club Member

Yes. Stock pistons and jugs. I'm definitely going to do a dyno tune. The map I got from Fuel Moto has it starving for fuel at take off. I get some hiccups when I hit the throttle. It's rideable but I'm definitely getting a tune. I just scored an HPI exhaust last night from Instagram so I'm gonna wait until I have that installed.
I'm interested to see how my 103" with the CR-570II and Thunderheader compares. I am currently at 103ftlbs and 81hp. I've pretty much convinced myself that next winter, '24, I'm going to do a FuelMoto 110".

Dynawobble (10-09-2023)
Old 10-09-2023, 12:49 PM
brownie4412
HDF Community Team
Received 1,038 Likes on 604 Posts

Looks like it's finally at my local PO this morning after taking a tour of the upper Midwest. Pretty funny it went from De Graff to Columbus and stayed for a few days, then back to De Graff it went, only to come back to Columbus later that afternoon. Can't wait to get my hands on it!
That's USPS for ya. I sent parts to a guy in NC once and somehow the box ended up in the middle of Louisiana before it go to him. I'm glad it's finally in your town.

snake_eyes (10-09-2023)
Old 10-09-2023, 02:07 PM
Dynawobble
Club Member

I'm interested to see how my 103" with the CR-570II and Thunderheader compares. I am currently at 103ftlbs and 81hp. I've pretty much convinced myself that next winter, '24, I'm going to do a FuelMoto 110".
I feel like I need more motor. The cams aren't what I thought they would be. Other bikes I have cammed in the past seemed to wake up way more. I know I'll loose even more going to a short pipe but with a proper dyno tune maybe it'll be better. As of this point the bike is the same until I'm past 4k rpm then I wakes up a bit. I'm not impressed at this point.

Old 10-09-2023, 02:33 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,476 Likes on 3,650 Posts

I did the fuel moto 110 kit and am very happy with it. I'm at 120 square and this is estimated by my 1/4 mile times of 11.37@116.29 mph. I've never dyno tuned it .. I got my speed numbers from Dragy. I'm running 11.26:1 compression with woods 888 cams... You won't regret it.. Will need a bigger throttle body though.. Keep us posted.

snake_eyes (10-09-2023)
Old 10-09-2023, 02:34 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,476 Likes on 3,650 Posts

I feel like I need more motor. The cams aren't what I thought they would be. Other bikes I have cammed in the past seemed to wake up way more. I know I'll loose even more going to a short pipe but with a proper dyno tune maybe it'll be better. As of this point the bike is the same until I'm past 4k rpm then I wakes up a bit. I'm not impressed at this point.
Sorry to hear that.. It takes a lot of time and money to get a bike where you want it.. Your bike definitely looks sweet... I'm not a fan of the CR cams...

Dynawobble (10-13-2023)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?