Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2023, 01:11 PM
snake_eyes
Club Member
Received 1,237 Likes on 725 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynawobble
Yesterday was a big day! We got the bags assembled and installed. We re riveted the latches and used ARPs on the hinges.

Wired up the USB for my phone charger mounted in the fairing.

Assembled the tank and fully installed it and all the rest of the tins. Fairing, lowers, battery & fuse box covers, horn and coil cover. Didn't have fuel on hand so I didn't get to fire her up.

Did a 3 hole on her! Lmao

Installed the Feuling vented dipstick

All that's left is to install the headlamp and pod lights and wire them up. Test ride and probably adjust the clutch cable. My buddy is going to try and dial that stuff in today and this coming week. The goal is to be riding next Saturday for my birthday!!

What kind of Brembo caliper are you running in front? Can you post some pics?

Old 05-08-2023, 01:22 PM
Dynawobble
Club Member
Received 579 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by snake_eyes
What kind of Brembo caliper are you running in front? Can you post some pics?
Unfortunately I'm running a stock caliper up front. I'm currently piecing together my dual brake setup. So far I'm sitting on a 11/16 bagger brembo master and a right side fork slider set up for brakes. I still need to source a second rotor, both calipers and speed merchant radial brackets. I will be buying the matching brembo 108mm monoblock calipers like I have in the rear though. It's an expensive endeavor that's for sure.

Old 05-08-2023, 01:35 PM
Dynawobble
Club Member

@snake_eyes How's that 24/51 setup working by the way?

Old 05-08-2023, 01:44 PM
snake_eyes
Club Member

Unfortunately I'm running a stock caliper up front. I'm currently piecing together my dual brake setup. So far I'm sitting on a 11/16 bagger brembo master and a right side fork slider set up for brakes. I still need to source a second rotor, both calipers and speed merchant radial brackets. I will be buying the matching brembo 108mm monoblock calipers like I have in the rear though. It's an expensive endeavor that's for sure.
Thanks for the info, I just started thinking that might be a mod for this coming winter. Is the bagger 11/16 master really a Brembo? I see on the Brembo website they recommend Coras Corta and I don't think I want to go that far.
@snake_eyes How's that 24/51 setup working by the way?
Jury is still out since I've only gotten a handful of miles so far. Off the bat, I regret not going 55 in the rear. It's true that it's a simple swap, but I'll need a new chain. Because of the way my setup went together I had to go either to the forward most alignment or rear most so obviously I chose the front...that means I have no room for a bigger sprocket on that chain. It does feel snappier, that's probably all in my head, but it looks cool AF!!!

The following users liked this post:
Dynawobble (05-08-2023)
Old 05-08-2023, 01:58 PM
Dynawobble
Club Member

Thanks for the info, I just started thinking that might be a mod for this coming winter. Is the bagger 11/16 master really a Brembo? I see on the Brembo website they recommend Coras Corta and I don't think I want to go that far.

Jury is still out since I've only gotten a handful of miles so far. Off the bat, I regret not going 55 in the rear. It's true that it's a simple swap, but I'll need a new chain. Because of the way my setup went together I had to go either to the forward most alignment or rear most so obviously I chose the front...that means I have no room for a bigger sprocket on that chain. It does feel snappier, that's probably all in my head, but it looks cool AF!!!
I went from a 24/55 which I rode on for about 2 years to a 53t rear. I haven't rode it yet. I had to take 2 links out of my chain but you should be able to add some to yours instead of replacing it I would think? Yes my 11/16 master is an actual brembo. I had to double check lol. B logo inside it.

The following 2 users liked this post by Dynawobble:
snake_eyes (05-08-2023), the_huber_show (05-08-2023)
Old 05-08-2023, 03:13 PM
snake_eyes
Club Member

@Dynawobble after you got your rims powdered, do you still have rough spots where they weren't milled? Does that make sense? Mine are FXDL (not S) rims, they were plain aluminum where they were milled and the rest was rough black, so when they were powdered the spots that were previously rough black now sort of look like orange peel.

Old 05-08-2023, 03:18 PM
Dynawobble
Club Member

@Dynawobble after you got your rims powdered, do you still have rough spots where they weren't milled? Does that make sense? Mine are FXDL (not S) rims, they were plain aluminum where they were milled and the rest was rough black, so when they were powdered the spots that were previously rough black now sort of look like orange peel.
I bought mine off a guy who had an FXDLS model. I do know what you are referring to though.

Old 05-08-2023, 03:53 PM
Qdog002
Stellar HDF Member
Received 868 Likes on 547 Posts

That's insane! $400 for one tire that they don't have to dismount from the bike. Bananas!
Exactly. They wanted $50.00 just for the tube, $200 for the tire, $10 for the strip. The rest for labor.
I plan to use the ziptie method. We'll see how it goes.

Old 05-08-2023, 04:03 PM
Dynawobble
Club Member

Originally Posted by Qdog002
Exactly. They wanted $50.00 just for the tube, $200 for the tire, $10 for the strip. The rest for labor.
I plan to use the ziptie method. We'll see how it goes.
Let us know how it goes! 🍻

Old 05-08-2023, 07:47 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,310 Likes on 1,859 Posts

Fyi, the Touring Brembo M/C is 15mm

*For ref: 11/16 & 9/16 M/C are approx 17.5mm & 14.25mm

The following users liked this post:
Dynawobble (05-09-2023)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?