Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2022 | 04:40 PM
Dudepants
Road Warrior

got out for a ride! Still not totally dialed, for sure tuning rich with a 44 slow so i guess I’ll try a 42 again.

Finally done painting (for now) just need to polish that rear fender.

The following 4 users liked this post by Dudepants:
Crazy (10-12-2022), Dynawobble (10-10-2022), Garage Queen Rescue (10-10-2022), ppilotmike (10-11-2022)
Old 10-13-2022 | 12:39 PM
FX WideGlide
Cruiser

I just bought a 2010 Dyna Wide Glide FXDWG after being without a bike for close to 6 years. I like everything on it, except for the bars. It has a set of Carlini bars and risers and they are too high for me since I prefer flatter, lower bars. I like the older Fatboy bars but in order to use them, I will have to mill a slot in the center to accept the wires inside of the bars. I have a set coming so I'll get started on that project in the coming weeks.
It also came with a nice seat and Vance and Hines pipes and ai cleaner. What's not to like?

Other than that, I've just been polishing and admiring it. It's nice to be back in the wind again.

Like I said, I like everything exept the bars.

The following 3 users liked this post by FX WideGlide:
Garage Queen Rescue (10-13-2022), hattitude (10-13-2022), Jyruiz (10-13-2022)
Old 10-13-2022 | 12:53 PM
Jyruiz
Intermediate

Congrats, nice looking Glide.

Originally Posted by FX WideGlide
I just bought a 2010 Dyna Wide Glide FXDWG after being without a bike for close to 6 years. I like everything on it, except for the bars. It has a set of Carlini bars and risers and they are too high for me since I prefer flatter, lower bars. I like the older Fatboy bars but in order to use them, I will have to mill a slot in the center to accept the wires inside of the bars. I have a set coming so I'll get started on that project in the coming weeks.
It also came with a nice seat and Vance and Hines pipes and ai cleaner. What's not to like?

Other than that, I've just been polishing and admiring it. It's nice to be back in the wind again.

Old 10-13-2022 | 03:12 PM
Czracer
Tourer

nice scoot, wonder if Fat Bob bars would look better ? But again that's what I ride

Old 10-13-2022 | 10:14 PM
Pianoman18
Tourer

Isn't if funny how nobody likes the bars they get? I have the stock bars and risers and they just aren't right for me. Even with 2" extensions. I'm shopping everything under the sun to determine what might work. I would love something more like you have. Even go higher. And someone bought very expensive parts for that.

But you can easily find bars similar to a fatboy style that are drilled. I've not seen any that aren't. Even 1" bars. It's an old school pullback style with almost a buckhorn design. Very common. Search dennis kirk and jp cycles for options. No need to mill anything.

Old 10-14-2022 | 12:55 AM
FX WideGlide
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Pianoman18
Isn't if funny how nobody likes the bars they get? I have the stock bars and risers and they just aren't right for me. Even with 2" extensions. I'm shopping everything under the sun to determine what might work. I would love something more like you have. Even go higher. And someone bought very expensive parts for that.

But you can easily find bars similar to a fatboy style that are drilled. I've not seen any that aren't. Even 1" bars. It's an old school pullback style with almost a buckhorn design. Very common. Search dennis kirk and jp cycles for options. No need to mill anything.
Yes, the later bars for bikes with the internal wires will come with a slot. The bars that I will change to are from a 2000 Faboy so they will need to be milled. That's not a problem since I have a big milling machine. I alerady had a set that was in my collection. These bars will go on eBay.

The following users liked this post:
Uncle 'B' (10-14-2022)
Old 10-15-2022 | 09:08 AM
DynaZA
Novice
Thumbs up

Nice looking bike you got, congrats and many happy miles

Old 10-15-2022 | 09:20 AM
DynaZA
Novice

Today I changed the engine oil and filter, transmission oil and also fit new HD original grips. Spoilt the Wide Glide for it 32000km birthday hahahaha.

Trying out Bel Ray Gearsaver 80W in transmission with great expectations lol.

Also completed the rear fender, will post some pics of everything a bit later. Have to go for a test ride first.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Old 10-15-2022 | 09:37 AM
FX WideGlide
Cruiser

Originally Posted by DynaZA
Nice looking bike you got, congrats and many happy miles

Thanks. Your bike looks great!

Old 10-19-2022 | 10:38 AM
snake_eyes
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Winter mod parts are starting to arrive,

CR-570II

The following 6 users liked this post by snake_eyes:
Bat61 (10-19-2022), Dudepants (10-19-2022), Dynawobble (10-24-2022), Garage Queen Rescue (10-25-2022), Reindeer (10-19-2022), SW CQB 45 (10-19-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?