Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2020, 09:27 PM
indytrucks
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Tried doing bars yesterday. Turns out the old bars were metric and thus, the mounting bolts were too. Finding proper bolts in Japan wasn't happening (I tried!). Plus I needed a new clutch cable so I had to order that and figured I may as well do throttle cables too. So those are on order. I kinda mocked it up just to see. I dig it.

The following 3 users liked this post by indytrucks:
Bob_fxdb (03-10-2020), dieter621 (03-15-2020), shiftace (03-10-2020)
Old 03-10-2020, 09:59 AM
ABQ-Jammer
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 4,753 Likes on 2,317 Posts

Originally Posted by Craigny
Posted this in the club style/thug style Dyna thread as well but I did do this to my Dyna recently lol....
Installed all the LED's, painted the gauntlet fairing flat black, and added the Lepera Kickflip....very happy with how it turned out! Plus we caught temps of close to 70 degrees today in NY and I was off!! Great riding!!
Edit
That headlight fit pretty far back into that fairing. Doesn't that affect the beam pattern/spread?

Old 03-10-2020, 12:12 PM
Craigny
Road Master
Received 383 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by ABQ-Jammer
That headlight fit pretty far back into that fairing. Doesn't that affect the beam pattern/spread?
TBH I Haven't ridden it much since putting it on to notice, I only got this bike in December and I don't think i've even taken it out in the dark yet with the fairing installed. I can prob move it back a little but most of them i see with this fairing the headlight is pretty far in there they look similar. The Harley quarter fairing sets the lights pretty far back as well...I'll have to check it out on and off to see any differences. I do have some room to move it in but not a ton. Looking at more pics i see some exactly like mine and some further back...i gotta play with it a bit i guess, i'll try to move it back as far as i can some room for adjustment for sure... the more i look at it i need to tilt the top back at the very least. I did that once already i think i will move it some more.

Last edited by Craigny; 03-10-2020 at 12:28 PM.
Old 03-10-2020, 12:58 PM
MexicanJoker
6th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I've been scrubbing rust off my spokes, with mothers and a toothbrush. I've put a lot of time into it. I think I'm 28 hours into it. I got it 2-3 weeks ago, and she needs TLC. My oil change kit arrived yesterday, and I'll most likely do it tomorrow.

Old 03-10-2020, 01:05 PM
atomicdyna83
Advanced
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Installed some kuryakyn mini floorboards up front and moved my joker machine pegs to the back. I’ve been wanting to try some boards up front and these were cheap enough that it wouldn’t hurt too bad if I didn’t like them. Took a quick ride and holy hell much more comfortable.

Now I’m just waiting on the UPS man to get here with my +1” kickstand so I get rid of the damn lifting block.

Old 03-10-2020, 01:20 PM
Cubby89
Tourer
Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Craigny
TBH I Haven't ridden it much since putting it on to notice, I only got this bike in December and I don't think i've even taken it out in the dark yet with the fairing installed. I can prob move it back a little but most of them i see with this fairing the headlight is pretty far in there they look similar. The Harley quarter fairing sets the lights pretty far back as well...I'll have to check it out on and off to see any differences. I do have some room to move it in but not a ton. Looking at more pics i see some exactly like mine and some further back...i gotta play with it a bit i guess, i'll try to move it back as far as i can some room for adjustment for sure... the more i look at it i need to tilt the top back at the very least. I did that once already i think i will move it some more.
I've got the same fairing. Haven't found that the fairing blocks any light. I guess it might affect it a little bit but not much. Memphis Shades makes a block that moves your light forward if you want to do that. Some guys have also DIY'ed it.

Old 03-10-2020, 01:24 PM
Craigny
Road Master
Received 383 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by Cubby89
I've got the same fairing. Haven't found that the fairing blocks any light. I guess it might affect it a little bit but not much. Memphis Shades makes a block that moves your light forward if you want to do that. Some guys have also DIY'ed it.
Thanks. Supposedly the headlight extension is not needed for this model, but ill see what shakes out, will still try to mess with it.

Old 03-10-2020, 01:25 PM
Bob_fxdb
Road Captain
Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by atomicdyna83
Installed some kuryakyn mini floorboards up front and moved my joker machine pegs to the back. I’ve been wanting to try some boards up front and these were cheap enough that it wouldn’t hurt too bad if I didn’t like them. Took a quick ride and holy hell much more comfortable.

Now I’m just waiting on the UPS man to get here with my +1” kickstand so I get rid of the damn lifting block.
I have the +1 kickstand. It won’t help that much. The kickstand will also hit your belt or the cover(belt measure cover(?). But I see you don’t have that so it will touch your belt. I have a chain and the stand touches it even with the rubber stopper. I had to zip tie an extra rubber block on top of the original one.

The following users liked this post:
dieter621 (03-15-2020)
Old 03-10-2020, 01:40 PM
atomicdyna83
Advanced
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

How thick was rubber block you had to zip tie to the original to keep from touching? Thanks for the heads up btw.

Originally Posted by Bob_fxdb
I have the +1 kickstand. It won’t help that much. The kickstand will also hit your belt or the cover(belt measure cover(?). But I see you don’t have that so it will touch your belt. I have a chain and the stand touches it even with the rubber stopper. I had to zip tie an extra rubber block on top of the original one.

Old 03-10-2020, 01:46 PM
Bob_fxdb
Road Captain
Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by atomicdyna83
How thick was rubber block you had to zip tie to the original to keep from touching? Thanks for the heads up btw.
About an inch extra

The following users liked this post:
atomicdyna83 (03-10-2020)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?