Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2019, 09:30 AM
Capt_Salty
Tourer
Received 173 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by ABQ-Jammer
How much do you want for the windshield?
For the two screens and complete mount kit, $150USD + shipping?

Old 08-26-2019, 09:32 AM
ABQ-Jammer
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 4,753 Likes on 2,317 Posts

Originally Posted by Capt_Salty
For the two screens and complete mount kit, $150USD + shipping?
Do you have any pics of them? I really only need one, though.

Old 08-26-2019, 09:37 AM
zebraranger
Advanced
Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Yesterday I added the Harley mustache engine guard, small tail bag to the luggage rack to carry personal items, ordered some Viking luggage for an upcoming trip to the Smoky's (Bryson City) and got in a nice Sunday ride.

The following users liked this post:
fxdup (08-26-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 09:49 AM
Capt_Salty
Tourer
Received 173 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by ABQ-Jammer
Do you have any pics of them? I really only need one, though.

The screen on the left came with the bike but was too low for me so I bought the one on the right. Pick which size screen you want and I'll sell for $125 + shipping.

Old 08-26-2019, 10:24 AM
3rd Gen RCAF
Advanced
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by NVNobody

Rode 2 states over to ride in a funeral procession for a lost friend. The riding was great, just wish it was for a different reason. Oh, minus the cost of 2 tires and 2 wasted hours waiting for them to get changed. Picked up a nail in the rear tire during the services, both tires were in need of change anyway though, it just made me get it done.

*Edit*
It's kind of hard to see it was late and I was a little tired, but that says 879 miles.
I've been using Ride-On sealant since I bought my scoot. Saved me a couple tires. My last one picked up a screw just after install (literally within days). Sealant did its job and it never leaked; just replaced that set as they went past the wear bars (approx 17,000 miles); and as for the screw, it gradually wore down with the tire.

Plus it is a dynamic balancer. Lost my original wheel weights after 3,000 mi and never noticed until I detail washed the wheels and saw they were missing. Every install the tech's have run them on the balancer (just to be sure) and they "true out as well as if they were weighted".

Best part is no effect on rims (no corrosion) and new mechanic said there was hardly any mess when he removed the tires (compared to other sealants).

Last edited by 3rd Gen RCAF; 08-26-2019 at 10:31 AM.
Old 08-26-2019, 02:24 PM
Dy9ahMic
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zebraranger
Yesterday I added the Harley mustache engine guard, small tail bag to the luggage rack to carry personal items, ordered some Viking luggage for an upcoming trip to the Smoky's (Bryson City) and got in a nice Sunday ride.

Blonde motor and that OG paint looks dope killer bike my man looks good

Old 08-26-2019, 06:21 PM
brownie4412
HDF Community Team
Received 1,032 Likes on 600 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rd Gen RCAF

https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5063-6...-30-Dry-Duffle

These 30L bags are perfect for motorcycle road trips!!! BAR NONE - BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK!!! SUPER EFFECTIVE!!!! And I have looked at all the current motorcycle-specific ones; most cost 2-3 times as much. Here are the details for the smoothest setup I have ever seen and used!

Excuse the length.

I already have the 50L and it has been perfect for all my work gear. I secure it vertically to my back rest opposite my backpack with the backpack straps looped through. Super Uber Secure!!!

So when the wife and I were about to set off on a cross-country ride for PTSD (www.therollingbarrage.com), we picked up one 30 each (didn't need as much gear as for work).

The wife doesn't have saddle bags on her Soft Tail and was able to fit almost all of her kit, but added a small fanny pack for some ready grab items. I adopted a vertical packing method she found, everything goes in vertically instead of traditional flat packing, that made these spectacularly convenient:

- Placed shaving kit at one end and electronics case at the other, both vertical (stiffens bag and gives me nice lower backrest);
- Laid my underwear & socks flat inside my t-shirt, then folded them into a rectangular pattern (single day's outfit);
- Sandwiched them vertically btwn the cases;
- Sandals, swim trunks & PakTowl, went into the zippered mesh inside the flap (quick access for beach/riverbank/pool and if wet are isolated from dry gear);
- Roll the inner bag closed and zip it up.

At the end of the day all I had to do was open the flap and pull out shave kit/electronics case/next day's outfit then crack a drink. No digging through items to find what I want. I could see everything at once - in case I wanted to change the order I would grab things, without having to unpack/repack.

Our mornings were O-Dark Thirty to make it in time for early kickstands up every day. So, again, this method made life slick:

- Fold yesterday's outfit like clean ones (odours are contained inside t-shirt);
- Stack inside mesh laundry bag with other used ones (add a dryer sheet to one that touches clean outfits to ensure no smells affect), then wrap it up flat;
- Reinsert electronics and shave cases to their spots;
- Sandwich the laundry bag into the hole; and
- Close her up.

I mounted the 30s with the smallest Rok Straps through the built in lashing loops and they were almost perfectly mounted (I'll go one size up in the future and redo the strap routing, for less shifting around). Four quick clicks, the bag is off and into the hotel. Note that the straps don't go over the top of the bag (attached photo) so I can access contents at roadside without bag falling off (need to loosen straps a bit to remove/insert items and close it back up, but bag stays put).

To secure it on the bike, four quick clicks, even tugs, small 'biners to gather loose ends and we're ready to roll. So clean and no danglies, any wreck diver would approve. Open the vent to get a tighter strap-down, but remember to close it before you hit the throttle (fortunately no rain hit me on that 800 km day...I'm a dummy, but a lucky one).

In QC, we got hammered in extreme rain doing "a buck twenty"; no moisture inside...at...all.

My only issue is I need to make a thin board rectangle to lay at bottom of bag (with rounded edges & corners to avoid damaging bag). This will stiffen it and keep it from warping around the seat and ruining my paint from vibrations/mounting/removing it. I used cardboard from a cut up box, but it didn't last; the bag was saggy and rubbing the paint by day 4 of 9.

Cheers,
Harm.
That's a lot of money for a soft sided cooler.

A seabag from the surplus store and a few bungee cords are probably 1/5 the cost.

Last edited by brownie4412; 08-26-2019 at 06:25 PM.
Old 08-27-2019, 10:42 AM
ABQ-Jammer
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 4,753 Likes on 2,317 Posts

Originally Posted by Capt_Salty
The screen on the left came with the bike but was too low for me so I bought the one on the right. Pick which size screen you want and I'll sell for $125 + shipping.
Sorry, but already have one about that size (MS Shooter). Was looking for something bigger, more like the Slim with the brackets, tall and thin. Thanks.

Old 08-27-2019, 12:06 PM
tygr1
Cruiser
Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts

Well, yesterday I scored a 21" spoke wheel and today I'm having a tire mounted and balanced for it. It's for the front of my '02 Low Rider which came to me with a nice (but old) billet wheel which I just couldn't wait to change.

I'm planning on keeping the billet wheel on the rear as you can barely see it anyway. That will save me some money. What do you all think?

Last edited by tygr1; 08-27-2019 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-27-2019, 08:04 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

trip to werk an back....just enough to shake the dust off

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?