Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 09:49 PM
Earthbound
Advanced
Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts

I ordered Legend front and rear suspension for my 2013 Street Bob. Psyched

The following 2 users liked this post by Earthbound:
fxdup (08-19-2019), Roro4g63 (08-26-2019)
Old 08-19-2019, 01:04 PM
Link6
Novice
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Removed stock turn signal/brake lights and replaced with MoonsMC integrated turn/brake light; added quick detach sissy bar; replaced performance machine grips with biltwell's so I could cut a hole in the LH grip to add a bar end mirror.

The following 2 users liked this post by Link6:
EddieBrock (08-23-2019), SpyGoat (08-19-2019)
Old 08-19-2019, 01:06 PM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 787 Likes on 652 Posts

Jmong. That carb set up looks insane...

What is the performance like

Old 08-19-2019, 02:31 PM
vennom53
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dupes

Last edited by vennom53; 08-19-2019 at 02:39 PM. Reason: duplicate
Old 08-19-2019, 02:32 PM
vennom53
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Link6
Removed stock turn signal/brake lights and replaced with MoonsMC integrated turn/brake light; added quick detach sissy bar; replaced performance machine grips with biltwell's so I could cut a hole in the LH grip to add a bar end mirror.

This looks clean! Love the plate relocation.

The following users liked this post:
Link6 (08-19-2019)
Old 08-19-2019, 06:19 PM
johnnynitro
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Link6 Who makes those bars ? Thanks !!

Old 08-19-2019, 06:28 PM
Link6
Novice
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnynitro
Link6 Who makes those bars ? Thanks !!
7" HCP Risers with Rental Fatbar.

Old 08-20-2019, 05:20 PM
TWilson_
Advanced
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Spent far too long in the garage for an AZ summer just raising my fairing as high as it can go on the forks. Typically the Memphis Shades fork mounts aren’t too difficult to adjust/install, but I wanted to get the fairing to sit as tight against the forks as possible, so the solution was to mount the clamps backwards. That makes the bolts virtually inaccessible, so it’s a nightmare trying to get them placed perfectly. I also put rubber strips on the inside of the clamps to protect the finish on my forks, so no metal on metal contact. Again causes install difficulty because they won’t rotate or slide on the forks. Worth all the effort though, at 6’3” the 17” shield and fairing fitted to the uppermost point on the forks, I’m in a very clean airflow while riding. I may now be at risk of hitting the windshield on low overpasses and bridges, it’s so tall.

The following 2 users liked this post by TWilson_:
Davdoodles (08-21-2019), johnnynitro (08-21-2019)
Old 08-21-2019, 11:19 AM
3rd Gen RCAF
Advanced
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default MEC Scully 30 Dry Bag

https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5063-6...-30-Dry-Duffle

These 30L bags are perfect for motorcycle road trips!!! BAR NONE - BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK!!! SUPER EFFECTIVE!!!! And I have looked at all the current motorcycle-specific ones; most cost 2-3 times as much. Here are the details for the smoothest setup I have ever seen and used!

Excuse the length.

I already have the 50L and it has been perfect for all my work gear. I secure it vertically to my back rest opposite my backpack with the backpack straps looped through. Super Uber Secure!!!

So when the wife and I were about to set off on a cross-country ride for PTSD (www.therollingbarrage.com), we picked up one 30 each (didn't need as much gear as for work).

The wife doesn't have saddle bags on her Soft Tail and was able to fit almost all of her kit, but added a small fanny pack for some ready grab items. I adopted a vertical packing method she found, everything goes in vertically instead of traditional flat packing, that made these spectacularly convenient:

- Placed shaving kit at one end and electronics case at the other, both vertical (stiffens bag and gives me nice lower backrest);
- Laid my underwear & socks flat inside my t-shirt, then folded them into a rectangular pattern (single day's outfit);
- Sandwiched them vertically btwn the cases;
- Sandals, swim trunks & PakTowl, went into the zippered mesh inside the flap (quick access for beach/riverbank/pool and if wet are isolated from dry gear);
- Roll the inner bag closed and zip it up.

At the end of the day all I had to do was open the flap and pull out shave kit/electronics case/next day's outfit then crack a drink. No digging through items to find what I want. I could see everything at once - in case I wanted to change the order I would grab things, without having to unpack/repack.

Our mornings were O-Dark Thirty to make it in time for early kickstands up every day. So, again, this method made life slick:

- Fold yesterday's outfit like clean ones (odours are contained inside t-shirt);
- Stack inside mesh laundry bag with other used ones (add a dryer sheet to one that touches clean outfits to ensure no smells affect), then wrap it up flat;
- Reinsert electronics and shave cases to their spots;
- Sandwich the laundry bag into the hole; and
- Close her up.

I mounted the 30s with the smallest Rok Straps through the built in lashing loops and they were almost perfectly mounted (I'll go one size up in the future and redo the strap routing, for less shifting around). Four quick clicks, the bag is off and into the hotel. Note that the straps don't go over the top of the bag (attached photo) so I can access contents at roadside without bag falling off (need to loosen straps a bit to remove/insert items and close it back up, but bag stays put).

To secure it on the bike, four quick clicks, even tugs, small 'biners to gather loose ends and we're ready to roll. So clean and no danglies, any wreck diver would approve. Open the vent to get a tighter strap-down, but remember to close it before you hit the throttle (fortunately no rain hit me on that 800 km day...I'm a dummy, but a lucky one).

In QC, we got hammered in extreme rain doing "a buck twenty"; no moisture inside...at...all.

My only issue is I need to make a thin board rectangle to lay at bottom of bag (with rounded edges & corners to avoid damaging bag). This will stiffen it and keep it from warping around the seat and ruining my paint from vibrations/mounting/removing it. I used cardboard from a cut up box, but it didn't last; the bag was saggy and rubbing the paint by day 4 of 9.

Cheers,
Harm.

Old 08-21-2019, 03:33 PM
FastDude2020
Tourer
Received 114 Likes on 53 Posts

No Dyna anymore. Only Softail

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?