Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 08:13 AM
kcfocust
Tourer
Received 90 Likes on 60 Posts

Got my new front fender on as part of Operation "eliminate some orange" has started. Got a full rear fender in black as well. Gonna keep the tank as is for just a splash of color. This is after I did a detail on this weekend and put ceramic coating on it. Used Harley Engine Brightener on the motor/wrinkle parts.... Stuff is over priced but works decent. Also ordered my Saddlemen Step Up, been a long time coming, so this FatBob seat will be available for sale (Super comfy for a stock seat, almost sent it to Mean City but found a great deal on the Saddlemen)

Last edited by kcfocust; 05-29-2019 at 08:15 AM.
Old 05-29-2019, 08:18 AM
kcfocust
Tourer
Received 90 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePaintPirate
Over the past week, I've noticed my security light coming on while riding for about a minute or two, then turning off. I had just changed out the battery in my fob around the same time it started and thought I had some sort of security issue. Happened again today on my way to work, and also noticed that my cruise control didn't work so I decided to look for codes and sure enough, B2262 was stored. Some lite internet sleuthing dug up a stuck brake switch error, and sure enough my lever wasn't popping back like it should and keeping the light on. I'm going to see if I can get it replaced under warranty as I've still got 4 months of it left, otherwise I might give this a try.

https://youtu.be/yalHFiEJ0Wc
I just had the same issue on my 09. I sprayed some just like the video did but didnt quite cure mine. I took some fuse tape, cut it in half and wrapped it around the piece that makes contact with the switch. Works perfect for now.

Old 05-29-2019, 06:35 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 734 Likes on 564 Posts

I don't like how much chrome and skulls have taken over the look so I decided to replace the chrome skull horn cover with this one and removed the cylinder base chrome cover. Still not happy with it I ordered a DK Customs coil relocation and spark plug wires to completely change the setup. I still need to figure out where I'm going to mount the horn though. I did order a Rooke derby cover as well in remembrance of the guy and I think it'll match the tins well.

Old 05-29-2019, 09:51 PM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 900 Likes on 600 Posts

Early this morning before work I had my first real shakedown ride, after running a month longer than planned with winter projects (suspension, brakes, turn signals/lighting, more powder coating). Despite not being started since early December, it fired up the moment I hit the button. During the day I formed a list of things needing attention, and pretty much got through everything this evening:

-Change front brake pads
-Bleed all three brakes
-Adjust pushrods
-Re-aim headlight
-Install new exhaust gaskets
-Quick sag adjustment (I'll do it properly soon)
-Double check for loose bolts everywhere
-Install toolbag on lower front frame, rather than forks
-Set all suspension settings at recommended starting points

Good garage evening. Even the pouring rain outside was relaxing. Weather permitting, I'll ride to work tomorrow. Otherwise Friday. Fingers crossed!

The following users liked this post:
Phil McGrath (05-30-2019)
Old 05-30-2019, 12:19 AM
SenorCollin
Cruiser
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Did a little exploring riding it home from a camping trip to Montana de Oro state beach near San Luis Obisbo.

The following users liked this post:
ABQ-Jammer (06-03-2019)
Old 05-30-2019, 08:01 AM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,557 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by kcfocust
I just had the same issue on my 09. I sprayed some just like the video did but didnt quite cure mine. I took some fuse tape, cut it in half and wrapped it around the piece that makes contact with the switch. Works perfect for now.
I used some Umbrella Corporation "Unicorn Lube" gun oil and it seems to have fixed the issue, bottle has a long needle point that made it easy to put oil where I wanted . I realize that I should be using a grease like in that video, but that's what I had on hand. When/if it happens again, I'll use the right stuff.

Old 05-30-2019, 04:14 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member

Gave it a once over wash to get ready for a detailing and deep scrub for the bike show and rally Saturday

Old 06-03-2019, 07:27 AM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member

Relocated the horn in to the fairing then moved the ignition coil to the horn placement. I like it thus far. Then detailed the bike for the annual Marty Davidson Show.

Old 06-03-2019, 08:03 AM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,557 Likes on 808 Posts

Dodging rainstorms during our annual poker run which benefits our local high school's Future Farmers of America (FFA) program. Great turnout with around 250-300 participants.

Old 06-03-2019, 10:57 AM
ABQ-Jammer
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 4,753 Likes on 2,317 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Guild
Relocated the horn in to the fairing then moved the ignition coil to the horn placement. I like it thus far. Then detailed the bike for the annual Marty Davidson Show.
You did all this after buying and installing that nice black horn cover? Are you selling it?

BTW, I ordered the T-70 torx tool, gaskets, and oil/filter/funnel/etc. that I'll need to change out the rear drive belt and change the engine and tranny oil, too. Hopefully, I can get them in before this weekend, so I can do the job then.

Last edited by ABQ-Jammer; 06-03-2019 at 11:02 AM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?