Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 11:29 PM
NVNobody
Cruiser
Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

Did the STEBEL air horn mod and installed some mid mounts and pegs I bought from Braaaappchasher, for an extra spot to move the legs around on longer trips. Bike is a 12 Wide Glide

Last edited by NVNobody; 03-26-2019 at 12:10 AM.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:12 AM
natedog_37
Tourer
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Just order Drag Specialties Ride Height Adjustable Shocks 12" shocks for the WG. Hope to have the rear tire off tonight and changed Wed. Need to remove the Fuel tank still and put the Knock outs. We will see how that goes I might just wait till next winter LOL. I might also do a homemade tank lift while I am there, and maybe fix my Fuel gauge issue always being wrong if I have the tank off.

Then again I might just do the first two because I can be lazy.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:17 PM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,557 Likes on 808 Posts

This is where I ended tonight attempting to install my Legend's fork kit. Left side was easier and was able to get it almost completely broke down but the cosmetic dust cover is fighting me a little. What's really fighting me is the right side damper(?) bolt. My cordless hammer drill can't even take it out. May need a bigger drill.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:46 PM
Cubby89
Tourer
Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePaintPirate
This is where I ended tonight attempting to install my Legend's fork kit. Left side was easier and was able to get it almost completely broke down but the cosmetic dust cover is fighting me a little. What's really fighting me is the right side damper(?) bolt. My cordless hammer drill can't even take it out. May need a bigger drill.
Dude I just had to fight with both damper bolts on my forks. I got spooked about trying a big impact on them for fear that it would strip out the allen head on the bolt so I picked up one of the hammer handheld impacts (similar to this https://www.homedepot.com/p/TEKTON-3...2905/205674679) and it worked perfectly. No damage to the bolts whatsoever. If you're still fighting with it it might be worth giving a shot.

Old 03-26-2019, 10:01 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by Cubby89
Dude I just had to fight with both damper bolts on my forks. I got spooked about trying a big impact on them for fear that it would strip out the allen head on the bolt so I picked up one of the hammer handheld impacts (similar to this https://www.homedepot.com/p/TEKTON-3...2905/205674679) and it worked perfectly. No damage to the bolts whatsoever. If you're still fighting with it it might be worth giving a shot.
Have had one of those since '69. Have disassembled more engines with it than I care to admit.. . Still works perfectly... Try it, you'll like it. tp

Old 03-27-2019, 05:25 AM
Protocol
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Installed a set of Joker Machine heel hook pegs and a new toe shift **** onto the forward controls I got at the end of last year. Prior to this I had mid controls and OEM pegs/shifter. After a few short rides I am pretty happy. Much more comfortable and planted.

Old 03-27-2019, 08:33 AM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,557 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by Cubby89
Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50
Have had one of those since '69. Have disassembled more engines with it than I care to admit.. . Still works perfectly... Try it, you'll like it. tp
I'm using a dewalt xr 20v impact driver (https://www.dewalt.com/products/powe...r-bare/dcf887b), and while it made easy work of the fork caps and left side bolt, that right one just refuses to budge. I have a more heavy duty cordless dewalt hammer drill I might try next (https://www.dewalt.com/products/powe...l-only/dcd996b), but that thing throws some crazy torque and I don't have a good tube holder for my vice. Otherwise I may just bring the fork down to the dealership and put a $10 bounty on that bolt.

Old 03-27-2019, 10:44 AM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 734 Likes on 564 Posts

Put on the Rifle windshield and JD Customs anti-buffeting kit on the fairing and I like it a lot better. Easier to see through and looks better. Went for a ride.

Also adjusted the new mechanical cruise so that the friction band is tighter. Tried it a few times and the vibration on the bars would make it slip. After tightening it does not slip, but is hard to get to secure the throttle when pushing. More playing is needed.

Old 03-27-2019, 10:49 AM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 734 Likes on 564 Posts

Originally Posted by Mutineer
I'd enjoy seeing that quick disconnect installed @Capt_Salty
Here's that disconnect on mine.

Old 03-27-2019, 11:39 AM
Balchie
Cruiser
Received 77 Likes on 28 Posts

Gassed her up, aired up the tires, hit the self-serve car-wash, and took a mid-40s chilly but sunny spin.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?