Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 01:51 PM
Cubby89
Tourer
Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleywashboy
I have an 07, and pulled mine off to get to the fender strut cover to powdercoat. I don't see the problem with it. I mean you have to pay attention when pulling the bolt that the spacer is there and that it will fall down if you don't try to stop it. Were there bolt failures in the field or something?
I'm not sure what the reason for the change were. The main reason I'm trying to figure out compatability of that stud is because I need to get one or the other and to buy just the spacer is $60 EACH! To buy both studs is $40.

Old 03-19-2019, 03:32 PM
Wormjello
Advanced
Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Fox shocks? I'm about to pull the trigger on some new shocks myself. Is there a reason you went with Fox instead of the Progressive suspension or Ohlins?

Last edited by Wormjello; 03-19-2019 at 03:34 PM.
Old 03-19-2019, 05:54 PM
pab3rd
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 220 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Wormjello
Fox shocks? I'm about to pull the trigger on some new shocks myself. Is there a reason you went with Fox instead of the Progressive suspension or Ohlins?
Read the reviews on all the different brands. I was down Racetech and Fox. And went with the Fox.

Old 03-19-2019, 09:18 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by Cubby89
I'm not sure what the reason for the change were. The main reason I'm trying to figure out compatability of that stud is because I need to get one or the other and to buy just the spacer is $60 EACH! To buy both studs is $40.
I seem to recall something about bolts breaking. The early Dynas used studs...

Old 03-20-2019, 04:49 AM
PhillySoldier
Cruiser
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Received and installed hardware to offset the front turn signals and flip the mirrors. I did it for looks and was worried it might decrease visibility but it was actually the opposite. Im no longer looking at arms/shoulders constantly and have a better line of sight now in front of me.

Old 03-20-2019, 08:23 AM
autobite
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePaintPirate
New Legend AXEO fork cartridges arrived today, too bad I'm on a business trip in Knoxville TN. Stopped by a nearby dealership and 2 salesmen tried to get me to trade in for a new ride. As one of them walked away, the other asked me what I had and as soon as I said Low Rider S, the other guy stops dead in his tracks, whips around and says "dude, did you just say Low Rider S?" After I confirmed, he begs me to trade it in since he's had several people ask for one. I politely let them know they ain't getting it. Did see another dealer around here have a used one for $19k.
bought mine used a month ago. Absolutely love it.

Old 03-20-2019, 08:58 AM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,476 Likes on 3,650 Posts

Originally Posted by Wormjello
Not exactly sure with Fox shocks for Harley's but when I was into Snowmobile's (had 4 at one time) always went to Fox shocks. They took a lot of punishment on the trails and never had a failure.. choose your ride height and go..

Old 03-20-2019, 01:57 PM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,558 Likes on 808 Posts

Ordered up some 49mm gold fork tubes from Get Lowered. Can't wait to get this project moving.

The following users liked this post:
NMU (08-05-2019)
Old 03-21-2019, 09:54 AM
natedog_37
Tourer
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Installed my new Grips and Helmet lock and bought new Torx screw since the old one was stripped.

Now to get the rear tire off and changed.

And yes my garage is a mess I need to spend some time cleaning that up been a hard winter lol.

Old 03-21-2019, 04:11 PM
Cubby89
Tourer
Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Last night I started digging into my wiring under my seat. My fob hasn't worked for the last 6 months because I couldn't find my antenna. Found it last night not even under my seat but routed out of the electrical area there under and behind the ecm. Got it to start working intermittently but now gotta figure out if it's my wiring or antenna. Also after all that my led speedo was dimming and brightenning a bit.

Anyone wanna share pics of what under your seat looks like? Tryna to make mine somewhat organized looking. Gotta make a dynojet fit there too. What would be good practice for making sure all my electrical is workkng well? Unplug and replug everything with dielectric grease?

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?