Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 06:19 PM
Mark Faulkner
Road Captain
Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

300 mile round trip yesterday to go ride on steam trains. The ride there was not a lot of fun. We've not been having the best of weather in the UK lately, and yesterday was strong gusting winds and rain. Thankfully the weather improved and i had a great day, and the ride home was dry and no head-wind, much more enjoyable.
Couple of things i'm really thankful for:
Memphis Shades Road Warrior Fairing. This trip would have been even more of a nightmare without it. Does a fantastic job of taking the wind pressure off my chest and helmet, and i have less wind noise. I'd have probably given up on the journey if i'd still been running the stock headlight cowl.
Cruise Control. First time i've owned a bike with this, and now i'm wondering why every bike doesn't have it. I have CTS in both wrists, so being able to set the cruise control and rest my throttle hand is amazing. It makes covering big miles so much easier for me. Fitting cruise control was going to be the next mod on my '18 Breakout if i hadn't traded for the Low Rider S.

Old 03-16-2019, 08:13 PM
VAFish
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,165 Likes on 1,640 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50
Gotta do what ya gotta do... Gonna stay with Sportsters, or add a big twin again??? Either way, wish you the best riding you can have.
FWIW, had two XR1200's and they were both FINE rides. tp dd50
Staying on the Sportsters for now. But who knows I might add a touring bike. If I do will still keep a Sportster around.

The 2006 1200 is my main ride, it has half the miles of the Low Rider and got much better mileage. And when I bought the Dyna it was with the plan that it either would go to one of my sons, or I would flip it. Neither son wanted it so I made some money off of it and a young guy got a nice bike for a good price.

Old 03-16-2019, 09:29 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by VAFish
Staying on the Sportsters for now. But who knows I might add a touring bike. If I do will still keep a Sportster around.

The 2006 1200 is my main ride, it has half the miles of the Low Rider and got much better mileage. And when I bought the Dyna it was with the plan that it either would go to one of my sons, or I would flip it. Neither son wanted it so I made some money off of it and a young guy got a nice bike for a good price.
Another rider proving that a Sportster isn't just a GIRL'S bike. Wouldn't mind another one, if I could design it just for me. One that looks more like the early versions but with better suspension. The XR's were really close to perfection, ride wise. to me. tp

Old 03-17-2019, 12:19 AM
JHam
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put on a Calvary Customs detachable backrest, overnight bag, quick detach saddle bags. Ready for a trip, now if only the weather would cooperate...

Old 03-17-2019, 12:26 AM
Mallard Slayer
Road Warrior
Received 4,171 Likes on 1,128 Posts

went and purchased registration tab for another year so as soon as this snow melts here in N.D. and the salt crap is off the roads I can get on down the roads again!! this winter has been a long one!!

Old 03-17-2019, 07:59 AM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by JHam
I put on a Calvary Customs detachable backrest, overnight bag, quick detach saddle bags. Ready for a trip, now if only the weather would cooperate...
Wait, didn't you know that you can't tour on a Dyna? You MUST have something from the Touring line for that... Or at least that's what MoCo and Touring line riders want you to believe. Actually, nicely done, nicely done. Enjoy the season, if and when it ever begins. Dontcha just hate El Ninos... tp

Old 03-17-2019, 11:08 AM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,590 Likes on 3,031 Posts

Another rider proving that a Sportster isn't just a GIRL'S bike. Wouldn't mind another one, if I could design it just for me. One that looks more like the early versions but with better suspension. The XR's were really close to perfection, ride wise. to me. tp
Yes, I know this is a Dyna thread, but I know someone who's selling an XR. It's got some mods though...
Scott tells me he'll listen to a $7k offer...
If interested, call 760-722-3404 and ask for Scott. Bike is in Oceanside, Ca. That's Scott's work number, so Monday/Friday would work.

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 03-17-2019, 11:23 AM
JHam
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wait, didn't you know that you can't tour on a Dyna? You MUST have something from the Touring line for that... Or at least that's what MoCo and Touring line riders want you to believe. Actually, nicely done, nicely done. Enjoy the season, if and when it ever begins. Dontcha just hate El Ninos... tp
Cheaper than buying ANY FLH and i can strip it down and putt around.

Old 03-17-2019, 03:59 PM
Cubby89
Tourer
Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Before I make a new thread, anyone got experience with using the upper shock stud (PN 54666-08) on an 06-07 street bob? I did find one thread on another forum saying the -08 was an upgrade to replace the bolt and spacer on the 06-07's but can't find anyone with experience with it. A friend of mine has the 07 style on his 08 and it works fine so I think it would work but just wanted to check in and see if anyone had experience. Hope that makes sense.

Old 03-17-2019, 07:25 PM
Brsblls
Road Captain

Received 441 Likes on 218 Posts

I changed the oil/fluid in 3 holes. Up to this point I have let the dealership do this. Thought it was time to get to know my bike a little better.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?