Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 08:57 AM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,558 Likes on 808 Posts

While not directly associated with the bike, I did install a garage door opener this weekend so I dont have to manually lift the door going in or out.

Old 03-11-2019, 11:17 AM
Mutineer
Advanced
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

When she gives you that look

3/10/19 - Adjusted clutch and throttle cables. Found out I wasn't achieving true WOT due to hitting the grip's turn stopper, and not the throttle body WOT stopper. There might have been 1/8-3/16" gap between the valve and stopper; just enough for the valve to appear tilted and not flat.

Really want to do a quarter turn throttle tube by MoonsMC and a pair of grips now. Anyone running the MoonsMC 1/4 turn throttle tube?
https://www.moonsmc.com/collections/...-throttle-tube

Old 03-11-2019, 11:49 AM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 900 Likes on 600 Posts

Originally Posted by Mutineer
Really want to do a quarter turn throttle tube by MoonsMC and a pair of grips now. Anyone running the MoonsMC 1/4 turn throttle tube?
https://www.moonsmc.com/collections/...-throttle-tube
I've had this G2 1/4 turn throttle tube for a couple of years now:

https://www.g2ergo.com/store/harley-...o-grip-option/

I have absolutely no complaints with it. I was slightly nervous before getting it that it may be too abrupt at slight throttle openings, but it's completely fine. Now I can't imagine how crummy it would feel without it. One thing to keep in mind: Since the cables connect directly to the tube, you can only use "conventional" grips, rather than "Harley" grips that hold the cables directly. Not a big deal, there are tons of options. But OEM won't work. Biltwell, Lowbrow, Avon, Joker Machine... Lots of people make compatible grips.

Of course, all of my info pertains to my carbureted bike, but I would think results would be similar with FI.

The following users liked this post:
Mutineer (03-11-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 12:48 PM
Mutineer
Advanced
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by F86
I've had this G2 1/4 turn throttle tube for a couple of years now:

https://www.g2ergo.com/store/harley-...o-grip-option/

I have absolutely no complaints with it. I was slightly nervous before getting it that it may be too abrupt at slight throttle openings, but it's completely fine. Now I can't imagine how crummy it would feel without it. One thing to keep in mind: Since the cables connect directly to the tube, you can only use "conventional" grips, rather than "Harley" grips that hold the cables directly. Not a big deal, there are tons of options. But OEM won't work. Biltwell, Lowbrow, Avon, Joker Machine... Lots of people make compatible grips.

Of course, all of my info pertains to my carbureted bike, but I would think results would be similar with FI.

Hey, thanks @F86 ! The above in bold was my initial thought too! Your analysis is very similar to Cthor's below review. As of current, FXD stock setup is jerky and clunky at best. It really sounds like the throttle tube could cure some of my right arm blues and frequent readjusting.

This review for the G2 quarter turn throttle seals the deal for me: "Cthor – September 23, 2015 - More than just a 1/4 turn throttle that makes the power more accessible, the throttle action is actually more progressive at small openings which minimizes the “on-off” symptoms of fuel injection at low speed."

Regarding grips, I was aiming for something relatively inexpensive but grippy, and leaning towards van's. It would be nice to have a lime green option Example: https://cultcrew.com/products/vans-x-cult-mc-grip

I'm guessin you had some issues with keeping the rubber on the rear wheel after the throttle tube install too

Old 03-11-2019, 01:38 PM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 900 Likes on 600 Posts

Yup, I would agree that it has a progressive feel, even though it ramps up quickly. I just couldn't deal with having to wrap my arm all the way around the handlebar every time I wanted acceleration. I'm sure you'll like!

Old 03-11-2019, 06:24 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 734 Likes on 564 Posts

Fairing saw the first light of day on the bike, washed it, and rode around town a bit. I'd post pictures but the picture upload button doesn't seem to be working.

Old 03-11-2019, 07:11 PM
Lifestarts@40
Tourer
Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by PhillySoldier
This is the mounting kit I recently purchased. You can configure it for just saddle bags or one (longer mounting bolt) that will do quick detach for both saddle bags and sissy bar
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...dyna-2006-2016
i called Cycle Visions today and their kit will make my bags quick detach. I’m excited because my bags, tail light relocate kit, and mount hardware are on the way. Now I have to pick up a harbor freight cycle lift and do the mod so I can install everything. I should be set to do this weekend.

The following users liked this post:
PhillySoldier (03-12-2019)
Old 03-12-2019, 08:45 AM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 734 Likes on 564 Posts

I must need to do some updates on my computer to get the forum interface to work.
Gave it a wash...

Stopped by the fire station...

Stopped for a drink....

and appreciated the new fairing.

The windshield isn't great quality. I'm not sure about the recurve either, but it is not very thick and the vision through it is a bit distorted. Good height though so may look at ordering a JD Customs windshield for it this spring.

Old 03-12-2019, 09:14 AM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member

Thanks to an ebay coupon and extra money in my paypal account from selling stuff on the bay, ordered Legend's AXEO cartridge kit. Now I just need some gold fork tubes.

Old 03-12-2019, 09:18 AM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member

Originally Posted by Jay Guild
I must need to do some updates on my computer to get the forum interface to work.
Gave it a wash...

Stopped by the fire station...

Stopped for a drink....

and appreciated the new fairing.

The windshield isn't great quality. I'm not sure about the recurve either, but it is not very thick and the vision through it is a bit distorted. Good height though so may look at ordering a JD Customs windshield for it this spring.
Good ole Oskaloosa, been meaning to hit up their many golf courses.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?