Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 02:30 PM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,557 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by CryingJoker
I love that color on the road glide. Actually gonna cheat on my dyna today and I'm riding it to the cheating place. Riding a couple road glides to see if I miss it bad enough to replace the dyna.
If I had to choose a bagger, it would be the RG.

Old 01-28-2019, 06:28 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePaintPirate
If I had to choose a bagger, it would be the RG.
I had one before my fxdls. Great bike. Been missing it lately and my wife doesnt get to ride with me much on this dyna with her hip problems. Rode a twin cam 16 special and a 19 special with that 114. Gotta say to be a big bike that 114 does its job, bike is not lacking power.

Old 01-28-2019, 09:13 PM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,746 Likes on 828 Posts

Originally Posted by SixDD
Well, since Surdyke issued my return in the form of a gift certificate I purchased this today. My very first half helmet:

http://www.surdyke.com/PartsMain.asp...Price=159.2600

Wear high quality ear plugs else you’re going to have permanent ringing in your ears.

Old 01-29-2019, 04:51 AM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Today, still waiting on those damn triple trees-they have not shipped yet. I need some parts so I have something to do to take my mind off of things. There is a probate hearing on my father's estate on March 7 and lots to think about. I need some parts!

Old 01-29-2019, 08:05 AM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,557 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by CryingJoker
I had one before my fxdls. Great bike. Been missing it lately and my wife doesnt get to ride with me much on this dyna with her hip problems. Rode a twin cam 16 special and a 19 special with that 114. Gotta say to be a big bike that 114 does its job, bike is not lacking power.
My wife rarely rides with me, maybe two or three times a year and that's the way I like it. She wants me to get a bagger with the tour-pak, arm rests, drink holders, etc, basically a land yacht. I can't do that, too bulky and too much like a car. But if I had to get one, I'd be looking at a solo RG or possibly a RK Special.

Old 01-29-2019, 09:31 AM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

My wife rarely rides with me, maybe two or three times a year and that's the way I like it. She wants me to get a bagger with the tour-pak, arm rests, drink holders, etc, basically a land yacht. I can't do that, too bulky and too much like a car. But if I had to get one, I'd be looking at a solo RG or possibly a RK Special.
Get a Miata and keep the bike. All happy then. If I had to get another Touring model it would be an RK. The other models are just too heavy for me today. Something to keep in mind too... tp dd50

Old 01-29-2019, 09:47 AM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

My thoughts are unless you plan on doing some long touring rides just keep the Dyna and work on making it more comfortable for her. My FXDC gave me all day comfort but no idea about how a passenger would have been. Longest two up I did was maybe 2 hours with an old friend and she never complained. The Road Glide absolutely eats miles but as I have stated before I miss my Dyna for those shorter more fun stretches of road.

Old 01-29-2019, 09:52 AM
slippin_jimmy
Tourer
Received 84 Likes on 59 Posts

Haven't worked on the bike since winter, but I have something new to help me out when I do.

Old 01-29-2019, 10:25 AM
kcfocust
Tourer
Received 90 Likes on 60 Posts

I dropped off stuff at the powdercoater to continue my chrome to wrinkle black conversion. Got my new foot pegs in the mail. The corner of the bedroom is full of parts... all for exhaust side of the bike funny enough haha

Old 01-29-2019, 11:00 AM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50
Get a Miata and keep the bike. All happy then. If I had to get another Touring model it would be an RK. The other models are just too heavy for me today. Something to keep in mind too... tp dd50
Agreed. The road king is a nice bike but my outlook is if I'm going to spend the money on a touring bike its going to be a road glide. I just like their fairing and was spoiled by it the first time. I was shocked how light the bike felt overall. Compared to standing my lifted dyna up it's a cloud.
Originally Posted by tnriverluver
My thoughts are unless you plan on doing some long touring rides just keep the Dyna and work on making it more comfortable for her. My FXDC gave me all day comfort but no idea about how a passenger would have been. Longest two up I did was maybe 2 hours with an old friend and she never complained. The Road Glide absolutely eats miles but as I have stated before I miss my Dyna for those shorter more fun stretches of road.
We have tried a number of different things for the bike new seats and I have rwd shocks on the back and sissy bar. She can only be on the bike an hour or so before her hip gets to her. Unfortunately the pegs being mounted to the swingarm is the only problem I cant fix. When we had our road glide before she could ride all day stopping once every couple hours to stretch legs. I'm sure I'll miss the Dyna at times if I got rid of it and I'm not even sure I'll get a road glide. Maybe later I'll have the room for two bikes and can have a mile eater AND a hop around town bike.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?