Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 02:09 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

The twisties are where it may take some time, as with having your feet out in front of you instead of underneath, you may feel less in control when really leaning into the turns, Can be fun too, as it requires different inputs with forwards, and helps you gain more confidence in your riding skills. tp dd50

The following users liked this post:
dieter621 (02-05-2019)
Old 01-25-2019, 02:25 PM
PhillySoldier
Cruiser
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

I don't have much time to get the feel of it. The highway on ramp is right outside the dealership. Im thinking the highway will be easier though. I dont wanna be holding up traffic trying to get used to curves and corners. Once i get it near home it will be less crowded area to experiment. At least thats my thoughts

Old 01-25-2019, 02:34 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by PhillySoldier
I don't have much time to get the feel of it. The highway on ramp is right outside the dealership. Im thinking the highway will be easier though. I dont wanna be holding up traffic trying to get used to curves and corners. Once i get it near home it will be less crowded area to experiment. At least thats my thoughts
Have fun and learn at your own pace. tp

Old 01-26-2019, 07:47 AM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Today, just waiting on parts to ship - still.

Old 01-26-2019, 09:36 AM
BruceHPM
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Have my bike in the shop now getting forward controls installed. Crappy, cold and rainy 30 mile ride in to the shop yesterday. I realize switching to forwards will take some getting used too and kinda worried about the initial ride back home. Better if I stick to the highway or slower back roads w more turns and stops?
It's easy to psyche yourself out. Challenging situations are something like 90% mental / 10% physical. Your feet are just a few inch forward. You know how to ride, it's a lot of muscle memory, you'll do great. Keep your brain busy thinking about strippers or pandas ... whatever works for you. I remember lots of years ago when I bought my first Sportster. That was a big bike for me back then. I had to highway ride it home, I thought it was going to kill me... I did make wide turns, but got on it as soon as I stopped freaking myself out.

Old 01-26-2019, 09:50 AM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,771 Likes on 982 Posts

Have my bike in the shop now getting forward controls installed. Crappy, cold and rainy 30 mile ride in to the shop yesterday. I realize switching to forwards will take some getting used too and kinda worried about the initial ride back home. Better if I stick to the highway or slower back roads w more turns and stops?
I traded in my sporty for a Low Rider with forwards, and they were considerably forward. I think the guy who owned it was well north of 6' tall. It was an adventure making the 55 mi ride home (in the rain, no less). It wasn't comfortable, but I never had any control issues. I installed the removable lumbar seat pad that this bike has (had to wait a week for it) and it's good now. I think you'll be OK.

Old 01-26-2019, 10:18 AM
PhillySoldier
Cruiser

Thanks all. Yeah im gonna need to do it either way, just to get it home. Just nervous about trying to get used to the difference while in high traffic areas whichever way i go. Would prefer to get at least a little time on it without traffic up my ***

Old 01-26-2019, 10:53 AM
fxdup
Road Warrior
Received 950 Likes on 605 Posts

Thanks all. Yeah im gonna need to do it either way, just to get it home. Just nervous about trying to get used to the difference while in high traffic areas whichever way i go. Would prefer to get at least a little time on it without traffic up my ***
Ride it like you stole it!

Old 01-26-2019, 11:50 AM
PhillySoldier
Cruiser

Knowing myself, that will probably be what happens

Old 01-26-2019, 05:04 PM
Mark Faulkner
Road Captain
Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

After nine days without riding, today the temperature got up to 50°F. Had to take advantage of the milder conditions and finally got a couple of hours out on the bike. Greasy, muddy roads and some strong winds, but it was still a lot of fun. Had to take it real easy on the throttle, a couple of times i went for overtakes and the rear started spinning. Back to near freezing temperatures and salty roads next week, so i doubt i'll be riding much.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?