Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 09:38 AM
Lambda
Cruiser
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Received my J&S jack today, from US to Spain, took a nice trip overseas.

I ended up purchasing the J&S after my jack failed and the Dyna ended up in the ground (no damage at all, to my surprise), it's an expensive piece and even more if you have to ship 95lbs from USA to Spain and pay the customs, but it would be more expensive to repair damaged parts from the bike... there's nothing remotely close as the J&S for our bikes in Europe, all of the jacks needs the lift adaptors for them to clear the oil tank.

This was the cause for choosing the J&S after trying millions of jacks, I wont gamble with the bike anymore.

And now with the J&S..

Old 12-27-2018, 11:26 AM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Originally Posted by John CC
How'd you do that? Mine's rusty in the "hub" area and it's on the list of winter projects.
I used 000 (00 steel wool, red scotchbrite pads, green scotchbrite pads, in a couple extra dirty spots) and WD-40, along with some elbow grease. I used a small dremel grinding stone bit for the cut out areas. Then washed it in some dish soap and hot water. Clean enough to eat off.

To be fair, it wasn't in that bad of condition to begin with.

Last edited by SixDD; 12-27-2018 at 11:51 AM.
Old 12-27-2018, 11:53 AM
SixDD
Banned

Originally Posted by Lambda
Received my J&S jack today, from US to Spain, took a nice trip overseas.

I ended up purchasing the J&S after my jack failed and the Dyna ended up in the ground (no damage at all, to my surprise), it's an expensive piece and even more if you have to ship 95lbs from USA to Spain and pay the customs, but it would be more expensive to repair damaged parts from the bike... there's nothing remotely close as the J&S for our bikes in Europe, all of the jacks needs the lift adaptors for them to clear the oil tank.

This was the cause for choosing the J&S after trying millions of jacks, I wont gamble with the bike anymore.

And now with the J&S..

ouch, that sight would be etched in my mind forever.

Old 12-27-2018, 02:08 PM
SixDD
Banned

Side by side pictures of original rear tire and new rear tire that will be going on.

So far today I put the new tube in, and started one side of the new rear tire on the wheel. There are no red or yellow dots on the new rear tire, so oh well, *** it! I will continue after a nice break. I have not started cleaning the rear wheel yet - it's filthy.

Last edited by SixDD; 12-27-2018 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-27-2018, 02:37 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,771 Likes on 982 Posts

Originally Posted by SixDD
So far today I put the new tube in, and started one side of the new rear tire on the wheel. There
Let us know how easy (or difficult) it is getting the wheel mounted, bead set & inflated. I hear inner tubes can be very tough to DIY.

Old 12-27-2018, 03:27 PM
SixDD
Banned

Originally Posted by Bluesrider.df
Let us know how easy (or difficult) it is getting the wheel mounted, bead set & inflated. I hear inner tubes can be very tough to DIY.
Total pain in my *** to do it myself- lol! One has to utilize that cavity in the middle of the rear wheel to let the bead rest in while spooning the tire on from the opposite side - while making sure not to pinch the tube. I don't do it enough to really get the hang of it. I need another pair of longer tire spoons too. The tire is on there. I put 45 pounds of air in it. I will check to see if it is holding air in a while. I hope I didn't pinch that tube. I don't think I did.

Old 12-27-2018, 04:15 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

For me, the hardest part of dealing with the tube is getting the stem thru the hole in the rim. Once that's done I just put a tiny bit of air in it to help it find its center, keep it from folding up and pinching. Sometime I have to let some back out to allow the tire to move. Kind of a pain but not worth paying somebody else premium money.

Old 12-27-2018, 04:25 PM
SixDD
Banned

It's on there. It's holding air. I think it looks fantastic. I'll do a test fit on the bike next.

Old 12-27-2018, 04:31 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Will the lower profile tire change your speedo accuracy, and if so, do you really care??? Tubed tires are a PITA, for sure. Have mounted auto, truck, bicycle and mc tube type tires over the past six decades, and it is always a crap shoot, not pinching the tube. Most frustrating after patching a tube for a flat, and creating another.

Use lots of lube, liquid soap, on the beads and continue to slowly fill till the bead pops into place. Sometimes takes twice + the amount of PSI recommended for use. tp dd50

our posts overlapped. Glad it's on, make sure the beads have seated completely... tp

Last edited by dirtdreamer50; 12-27-2018 at 04:33 PM.
Old 12-27-2018, 04:33 PM
SixDD
Banned

Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50
Will the lower profile tire change your speedo accuracy, and if so, do you really care??? Tubed tires are a PITA, for sure. Have mounted auto, truck, bicycle and mc tube type tires over the past six decades, and it is always a crap shoot, not pinching the tube. Most frustrating after patching a tube for a flat, and creating another.

Use lots of lube, liquid soap, on the beads and continue to slowly fill till the bead pops into place. Sometimes takes twice + the amount of PSI recommended for use. tp dd50
I don't know, and don't care - lol.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?