Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2018, 09:05 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,310 Likes on 1,859 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50
Has anyone heard from Tin Cup Chalice, since he sold his trike? He kept us involved in spending money on our rides too... Hope he's doing well... tp dd50
That was his last post

Old 12-16-2018, 10:48 AM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,732 Likes on 3,100 Posts

Originally Posted by SixDD

Looking at your jiffy stand extension, that looks like a tripping hazard waiting to happen. Especially if you're maneuvering the bike in tight quarters, like in a garage. Have you ever caught your shoe/boot/pant leg on that extension when near the bike?

Old 12-16-2018, 01:32 PM
rossWG
Cruiser
Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by cggorman
Ha! Sorry...if it makes you feel any better, I cost myself a lot of money...and it's not all Harley related...

The Voodoo is a great fender. I'm sure you'll love it. Pete does great work.

I'm hoping the swingarm will just kinda blend in. They will sell it raw, polished, or powdered and other than the axle adjusters I spec'd it basically the same as stock. I have the old style flat adjusters that I always thought looked unfinished but the M'chex arm has machined loops.
i am grateful for your thread and ideas. looking forward to that arm being fitted, and then perhaps an eight week wait!

Last edited by rossWG; 12-16-2018 at 01:52 PM.
Old 12-16-2018, 02:17 PM
Capt_Salty
Tourer
Received 173 Likes on 124 Posts

Rode my Dyna in the Niceville Christmas parade yesterday with my Legion Riders group. Then attempted to ride to Pensacola Beach but was frozen by the time I got to Navarre... yeah, thin blooded FLA native here... but it was a good ride!

Old 12-16-2018, 10:25 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
Looking at your jiffy stand extension, that looks like a tripping hazard waiting to happen. Especially if you're maneuvering the bike in tight quarters, like in a garage. Have you ever caught your shoe/boot/pant leg on that extension when near the bike?
not yet, but dont jinx me, lol

Old 12-16-2018, 10:28 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Today I took the bike off the lift and did a first test placement of the new tank emblem. Just held in place with black duct tape for now. I'm thinking up a bit in the rear, maybe an 1/16th or 1/8th inch.

Edit: I am installing a lower profile rear Night Dragon tire and lowering the rear an additional 3/4" inch - maybe I should wait until then to install the emblems?!

Last edited by SixDD; 12-17-2018 at 12:27 AM.
Old 12-17-2018, 09:01 AM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,557 Likes on 808 Posts

Taking another crack at that Target Tune. The sensors, routing the wires, finding a place to mount the unit were all pretty straight forward ... but trying to connect the new O2 sensors to the unit is a real pain. 6 of the wires screwed in just fine, 3 went in with a little difficulty, and the last 3 are refusing to cooperate. I've tinned and retinned the wires but no bueno. Might try some solid core wire and solder the wires to that.

Old 12-17-2018, 05:29 PM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

Between a screwed left achilles and a bad right knee (from hobbling because of the achilles) I couldn't get down on the ground anymore to drain oil and torque sump plugs so I lashed out and upgraded my workshop space.

Air over hydraulic so I can pump up with a button and down with a foot pedal (or up with a put pedal if I feel like the exercise)

Added bonus........

I no longer have to get up a ladder to change the fluorescent tubes in my shop lights.

Old 12-17-2018, 07:19 PM
John CC
HDF Community Team
Received 871 Likes on 618 Posts

What brand lift is that?

Ditch the florescents for LED shop lights. Best move I've made in years! They don't flicker, work in the cold, and use less electricity to boot.

The following users liked this post:
Tall Timber (12-17-2018)
Old 12-17-2018, 07:22 PM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by John CC
What brand lift is that?

Ditch the florescents for LED shop lights. Best move I've made in years! They don't flicker, work in the cold, and use less electricity to boot.
The lift is from DTM Trading here in AU.

I'm all over the LED option, have converted the house to them. Just trying to find the right sizes and fixtures for my workshop.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?