Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 11:15 AM
jonnyfxdb
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

installed the TBR Gen 2 megaphone 2-1 and arlen ness monster sucker A/C yesterday. Only minor casualties: had the bike and our jack and it fell off and cracked my mirror, snapped off the end of my brake lever, and twisted my handlebars (was able to twist the bars back). Ended up doing the rest of the instal on the kickstand Hahahaha. That's what you get for doing your own labor and only having a brain cell or two. Really happy with the result though. Pipes sound meaaaaan. Gonna flash tune next time I get a day off work.

Old 12-02-2018, 03:32 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 734 Likes on 564 Posts

Put it on the lift and ordered my last piece for the spring work. Going to do the stage 4 with larger thottle body, high flow injectors, larger valves, increased compression, and 1" over fork tubes with adjusted gold valves

Old 12-02-2018, 05:21 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Guild
Put it on the lift and ordered my last piece for the spring work. Going to do the stage 4 with larger thottle body, high flow injectors, larger valves, increased compression, and 1" over fork tubes with adjusted gold valves
ZOOM ZOOM, Jay. Bet you can't wait for riding season to start. To keep the thread going during the cold months, post updates and pics of your work..... tp dd50

Old 12-02-2018, 06:44 PM
VAFish
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,201 Likes on 1,653 Posts

Been having trouble getting the Dyna started, of course temps have been in the mid 30's lately. Today it was 46 degrees at 10 am and it fired up after just a little bit of cranking. I had the battery load tested last week, it's fine. Found a loose cable, it's tightened. But, bike still wasn't cranking very hard. One thing I was wondering was what oil PO had used. He didn't ride much and if it had been the HD Heavy Duty oil that might be part of my problem. So after I got is started I took it out for a ride, came back and changed engine and trans oil (will get primary later) Trans oil looked like brand new. Engine oil was dark as coal and thick as 90 wt differential lube. Supposed to be 46 degrees when I have to leave for work in the morning. We'll see if it starts.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:58 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,771 Likes on 982 Posts

Originally Posted by jonnyfxdb
...had the bike and our jack and it fell off and cracked my mirror, snapped off the end of my brake lever, and twisted my handlebars (was able to twist the bars back).
Wow, you were super fortunate it wasn't worse. I bet you won't do that again.

Old 12-02-2018, 07:39 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

I need a RIDE!!!

Old 12-02-2018, 07:52 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by SixDD
I need a RIDE!!!
Ride the Kamasaki. FWIW, bought a Ninja 1000, complete with hard bags, last week. What a motorcycle... tp

Old 12-02-2018, 11:48 PM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 900 Likes on 600 Posts

Despite being wet, misty and foggy here in Pennsylvania, it was in the upper 50s. Warm enough to do some pre-winter garage cleaning (detached and unheated). Both bikes were filthy, and there were tools all over the place... On the floor, on the bench, on the stool... and lot's of empty parts packages and boxes. I love a neat, organized garage, but it's hard for me. When I'm working on stuff, I just keep taking tools out and not putting them back until the whole project is finished. And parts. And everything else. But I really hate having anything messy in the garage over the winter. So I let the bikes get wet while I put all the tools away, threw out boxes and trash, mopped the floor, and emptied the drain pans into a five-gallon bucket to come to work with me for recycling. I wanted to get to that back wall, but it got too late.

Cleaning the bikes worked out well... The high humidity left just enough moisture all over them that they looked completely shiny after wiping down with a microfiber and some compressed air. No soap needed. I hope there are still some nice days left, but if not, they're both up in the air, ready for winter.

Old 12-03-2018, 12:38 AM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50
Ride the Kamasaki. FWIW, bought a Ninja 1000, complete with hard bags, last week. What a motorcycle... tp
Can you post a picture?

My Kamacoleslawki needs some minor work too, dammit.

Old 12-03-2018, 01:01 AM
Blue Bob
Road Warrior
Received 1,014 Likes on 603 Posts

Originally Posted by F86
Despite being wet, misty and foggy here in Pennsylvania, it was in the upper 50s. Warm enough to do some pre-winter garage cleaning (detached and unheated). Both bikes were filthy, and there were tools all over the place... On the floor, on the bench, on the stool... and lot's of empty parts packages and boxes. I love a neat, organized garage, but it's hard for me. When I'm working on stuff, I just keep taking tools out and not putting them back until the whole project is finished. And parts. And everything else. But I really hate having anything messy in the garage over the winter. So I let the bikes get wet while I put all the tools away, threw out boxes and trash, mopped the floor, and emptied the drain pans into a five-gallon bucket to come to work with me for recycling. I wanted to get to that back wall, but it got too late.

Cleaning the bikes worked out well... The high humidity left just enough moisture all over them that they looked completely shiny after wiping down with a microfiber and some compressed air. No soap needed. I hope there are still some nice days left, but if not, they're both up in the air, ready for winter.

Wow is that a 308 GTs I see?

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?