Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 12:50 PM
Mark Faulkner
Road Captain
Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

I took a trip out to visit a different dealer today. Ended up trading my '18 Breakout for a '16 Low Rider S. I pick it up next wekend.
Going to switch out the Apes for T-bars, and change the forwards back to mid controls. Other than that, i don't see me making too many changes.

Old 11-18-2018, 01:17 PM
CaptainAwesome
Road Master
Received 218 Likes on 140 Posts

Welcome, the LR-S is an amazing bike. Was it Mchad's post of regret that lead to the trade in?

Old 11-18-2018, 02:28 PM
Mark Faulkner
Road Captain

Originally Posted by CaptainAwesome
Welcome, the LR-S is an amazing bike. Was it Mchad's post of regret that lead to the trade in?
No. I always thought i'd try to pick up a LRS at some point in the future, but wasn't planning on it this soon. Spotted this one at the dealer i visited today. It has nice mods and only has 1300 miles on the clock; i put 4600 miles on my Breakout in 5 months. Breakout was going to end up costing a fortune to mod it the way i wanted, but there isn't much to do to this LRS. Plus, i can finally mod without worrying about messing with the warranty, and i now have a bike that sounds the way i think it should.
I don't regret my time with the Breakout, it's a fantastic machine and i really don't have anything bad to say about the M8's other than sound.

Old 11-18-2018, 03:10 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Faulkner
I took a trip out to visit a different dealer today. Ended up trading my '18 Breakout for a '16 Low Rider S. I pick it up next wekend.
Going to switch out the Apes for T-bars, and change the forwards back to mid controls. Other than that, i don't see me making too many changes.

Congrats!!!! You'll enjoy the comfort of the Dyna much more than the old Softail.

Old 11-18-2018, 03:30 PM
Mark Faulkner
Road Captain

Originally Posted by tnriverluver
Congrats!!!! You'll enjoy the comfort of the Dyna much more than the old Softail.
Thank you. The new Softails are really comfortable. I've done 11 hours in the saddle, only stopping for fuel, coffee and cigarettes, and i was ready to go again the following day. Much improved over the old Softails.

Old 11-18-2018, 03:38 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Thank you. The new Softails are really comfortable. I've done 11 hours in the saddle, only stopping for fuel, coffee and cigarettes, and i was ready to go again the following day. Much improved over the old Softails.
I didn't notice until after posting this that you had one of the newer ones. Haven't ridden one of the new ones yet to be able to compare.

Old 11-18-2018, 04:20 PM
CaptainAwesome
Road Master
Received 218 Likes on 140 Posts

No. I always thought i'd try to pick up a LRS at some point in the future, but wasn't planning on it this soon. Spotted this one at the dealer i visited today. It has nice mods and only has 1300 miles on the clock; i put 4600 miles on my Breakout in 5 months. Breakout was going to end up costing a fortune to mod it the way i wanted, but there isn't much to do to this LRS. Plus, i can finally mod without worrying about messing with the warranty, and i now have a bike that sounds the way i think it should.
I don't regret my time with the Breakout, it's a fantastic machine and i really don't have anything bad to say about the M8's other than sound.
Yeah I get that. Heard one the other day and went "glad that isn't mine". Which is a shame.

I will say I did a 3000 mile trip on my LR-S with a stock setup, couple of 12 hour days riding it. No problems. I only changed my seat to add a passenger. (I suggest C&C if you ever decide you want to try a different seat)

1,300 miles is barely broken in. Make sure they did the 1,000 mile service on it. Enjoy it, after two years on mine it still brings a smile to my face and makes me say, "man i love this bike!". Every single day.

Old 11-18-2018, 04:35 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

Congrats on the s. Wish I could say there's not much I'd do to a bike but I always do. The only thing signifying mine is an s is the 110 engine badges. But that's what's great you can go wild or mild as you want. I hope you enjoy your trade. I've loved mine the whole time and I got rid of a road glide for it.

Old 11-18-2018, 06:02 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,310 Likes on 1,859 Posts

Congrats!!!! You'll may enjoy the comfort of the Dyna much more than the old ol' Softail.
I didn't notice until after posting this that you had one of the newer ones. Haven't ridden one of the new ones yet to be able to compare.
Here, I fixed for ya ...

Old 11-18-2018, 06:39 PM
Midnight Outlaw
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went to the local harley shelter, and saved a 200 FXDWG from being euthanized. It was my wifes early Xmas gift

The following users liked this post:
ABQ-Jammer (11-19-2018)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?