Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 09:13 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Went out for an evening ride, and all was great until SOMETHING, decided to fly between my collar and helmet and sting the crap outta me on the neck. Seems to be getting a bit worse, rather than better, as time goes by. How did that little sucker find the one exposed part of my upper body, I just don't know. tp dd50

Old 08-27-2018, 09:34 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Yeah, them Texas bugs don't play! Lol

Old 08-27-2018, 11:21 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by SixDD
Yeah, them Texas bugs don't play! Lol
No lie. Big ol' elongated knot on my neck now. No idea what got me, but ...DAHAMN, it must have been angry. If this ends up being my last post, the thing killed me.. tp

Old 08-28-2018, 05:02 AM
SixDD
Banned

Today/this morning I found a brand new (still in original sealed bag) front brake line on Ebay for $19.99. It should arrive on the fourth. Cancelling other order. Dirtdreamer, you still with us, lol?

Taking bike for a morning ride through downtown Charleston to drain the tank of remaining fuel since I have to remove tank soon. Check out all the College of Charleston beauties.

Last edited by SixDD; 08-28-2018 at 06:10 AM.
Old 08-28-2018, 06:35 AM
ludville1
Tourer
Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50
Went out for an evening ride, and all was great until SOMETHING, decided to fly between my collar and helmet and sting the crap outta me on the neck. Seems to be getting a bit worse, rather than better, as time goes by. How did that little sucker find the one exposed part of my upper body, I just don't know. tp dd50
Years ago I was riding with a buddy on our Kawasaki Z1's (that's how long ago it was) when all of a sudden he is frantically trying to get his helmet off. Too late! A bee or wasp got into his open face helmet and stung him in the temple. He got the bike stopped safely, but was stunned and hurting!

Old 08-28-2018, 10:05 AM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member

Still here, but now there is an itchy whelp on my neck. Couple of years back, had a bee get into my helmet, too. Stung me on my ear. FF helmets aren't the easiest to remove while trying to bring the bike to a safe stop from around 70 MPH. Craziest thing is that last night's event happened on the same road as the ear sting.

Glad you found a much cheaper brake line. As Ben Franklin said," A penny saved is one less the government will take from you,", or something like that... tp dd50

Old 08-28-2018, 11:02 AM
martinj
Club Member

Received 17,183 Likes on 6,825 Posts

Originally Posted by SixDD
Great! Yeah man, I ride mostly at night. I need a better headlight! I may also get some reflective tape for my helmet, or purchase a white or yellow helmet. I'm by no means paranoid, yet every little bit helps! I've been in a night time crash; the lady did not even know she hit me and basically ran over my bike after she cut in my lane. Someone had to chase her down and let her know. I'm laying on the side of the road next to a totaled bike writhing in pain and she is just cruising on down the road - oblivious!
Man, that sucks to have someone run over your bike and not even know about it. Glad you're still here with us after that.

Old 08-28-2018, 01:02 PM
AFDynaRider
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ludville1
Years ago I was riding with a buddy on our Kawasaki Z1's (that's how long ago it was) when all of a sudden he is frantically trying to get his helmet off. Too late! A bee or wasp got into his open face helmet and stung him in the temple. He got the bike stopped safely, but was stunned and hurting!
This exact thing happened to me a few years ago. I was wearing a half helmet and a wasp got caught between the strap and my head and stung my temple. I nearly wrecked trying to get to the side of the road.

Old 08-28-2018, 02:33 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by AFDynaRider
This exact thing happened to me a few years ago. I was wearing a half helmet and a wasp got caught between the strap and my head and stung my temple. I nearly wrecked trying to get to the side of the road.
It's bad enough that we have to be aware of every car and truck on the road, but need to see/avoid stinging insects, heading our way too. The life of a motorcyclist isn't an easy one. tp dd50

Old 08-28-2018, 05:14 PM
SixDD
Banned

Originally Posted by martinj
Man, that sucks to have someone run over your bike and not even know about it. Glad you're still here with us after that.
She slowly passes me on the left, I was in the slow lane, then when I am in her blind spot she hits her turn signal and jumps in my lane at the same time. Drivers are supposed to wait 100 feet after turn signal to switch lanes. I had no time to move out of her way. The bike went under her rear wheel. It was as if I were invisible.

It's a horrific thing to see the bone sticking out of your left forearm. Oh well, I got a cool smiley face scar - and a new bike! Lol!

I was checking out used bikes at the dealership before I had the cast off. I wrecked a 86 Nighthawk CB700, after the wreck I was on a 1983 CB1100F

Last edited by SixDD; 08-28-2018 at 05:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
martinj (08-28-2018)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?