Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

124" winter build...

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015 | 11:46 AM
monster715
|
Road Warrior

Thanks guys. Pilot, good eye haha. Yea I was distracted with my pops talking in my ear while putting the primary back together and just lost my train of thought. Munched a small area on the inner primary. I put a small fab of black permatex on it right there and haven't had an issue yet, no leaks

Old 05-17-2015 | 08:24 PM
Azgunner
Tourer

Hope you remembered to tighten the adjustment screw locknut on your Bandit pressure plate.

Old 05-30-2015 | 10:56 AM
monster715
|
Road Warrior

Azgunner, yea that picture was taken before I adjusted the clutch. I always forget to take pics so I took that one while I was thinking about it.

Ok, a little review on the baker comp. I only have about 100 miles on it but I would say the biggest difference I noticed is how easy the bike starts. With the stock comp on the bike would kick back every once and a while, only when cold oddly enough. With the baker the bike fires on around the 2nd revolution and seems to just start smoother if that makes any sense. Other than that the ride feels the same, no extra vibration or anything like that, just a nice smooth ride. The primary still seems noisy but I guess I'm chalking that up to the low fluid level, I can't think of what else it might be. As far as the rattling noise I've been chasing, it wasn't the stock comp, I think I broke something in the pipe, I can hear it rattle pretty good when I'm splitting lanes and on decel. Damn thunderheader. I went back to the 32t pulley and I'm a lot happier with it, the bike seems to settle into its sweet spot in 6th right where I like it. I'll update more on the comp if anything comes up

Old 05-30-2015 | 11:59 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member

Is your sweet spot around 70 at 3k and takes off like a rocket beyond that? That's how mine is. Can't wait to do my primary. Got an ipb leak.

Old 05-30-2015 | 12:25 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member

I made a post over at HTT but Baker stopped drilling those 12 holes in the comp sprocket. Guess with those new scoops, they decided they were not necessary any more?

Last edited by HD Pilot; 05-30-2015 at 12:27 PM.
Old 05-30-2015 | 01:17 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by HD Pilot
I made a post over at HTT but Baker stopped drilling those 12 holes in the comp sprocket. Guess with those new scoops, they decided they were not necessary any more?
Yup. Saw that. I have one with holes. No one really knows which one will be the best in the end so I'm not worried. This has been the best comp I've run. Glad you can't feel any extra vibration. I'm figuring its either because of my comp being a test model or more likely my engine being hard mounted to the frame. I need to get off my *** and order my ipb and gaskets. My Diamond primary chain came in last week.

Old 06-01-2015 | 07:04 PM
monster715
|
Road Warrior

I usually ride in 6th at 80 which is right at 3k. But yes if I want to pass quickly (or blow some ******** eardrums out) I can downshift to 5th and it pins me in the seat pretty good. Like you said before, you gotta be ready for it because sometimes it can be hard to get out of the throttle. You had the SE comp before so that may have been putting off less vibration then my old stocker, other then that it's probably the hard mounted setup. I have the sprocket with the holes too. Hopefully all is good, I didn't realize they changed the design again. Soft02 is your primary noisy with the low fluid level? I think we have the same setup, mine seems really loud. I was riding with my brother the other day and he made a comment about it too, and I hadn't even mentioned it to him but he could hear it riding next to me

Old 06-01-2015 | 07:46 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

Hey monster, I know this sounds like a silly question but why ride with low fluid levels? Is there any issue with riding with higher levels?

Old 06-01-2015 | 08:01 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by robbyville
Hey monster, I know this sounds like a silly question but why ride with low fluid levels? Is there any issue with riding with higher levels?
Clutch drag Robbie. Per Bandit.

Monster it sounds like muffled marbles. If you think about what's going on in the primary and not much fluid to muffle the sound. Big boy motor you havs to get used to some noises. I can hear the injectors, valves and some valve train tick. I don't let it bother me. I know its set up right. Some motors just make more noise than others. My primary chain is pretty worn out. New Diamond chain might quiet it down some. Gunna take my bike out tomorrow. Just ordered the remainder of the stuff for my primary today.

Old 06-01-2015 | 08:43 PM
Lama
Road Captain

I love the Bandit sportsman clutch, awesome... But they don't tell you that you can get the clutch a half spline off in alignment to the basket and inner hub. There is a small stamped (0) on one tooth of the hub that must be aligned correctly. If you have it off from that mark the clutch works perfectly but not butter smooth. Once aligned it's the smoothest clutch pull ever.

Quick Reply: 124" winter build...