Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

124" winter build...

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2015 | 10:36 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Community Team

I just saw the dog so I think you're right, dog pic of the day for the score

But you want to hear what cool is, dropped off my gas cap and fuel gauge to get painted charcoal pearl today

Now that's gonna be pimp

Old 01-15-2015 | 06:32 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member

monster, you didn't lose a spring on your shift shaft seal. Harley updated the seal to include a garter spring in September of 2013. I didn't have any luck getting that seal out with a pick, didn't have one that would work. Next time I'll use compressed air and a blow gun. Saw a video on the process. Take an awl, puncture the seal at the outside diameter, push the blow gun in the hole and hit it with a strong blast of air it should pop right out.

Old 01-15-2015 | 07:03 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by HD Pilot
That's not an update on nothing! It's Harley **** for sick people like me..
Ditto!

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man

But you want to hear what cool is, dropped off my gas cap and fuel gauge to get painted charcoal pearl today

Now that's gonna be pimp
Very cool. Great shots Monster that bike looks so naked with no engine and those saddlebags on the back!

Old 01-15-2015 | 06:24 PM
monster715
|
Road Warrior

Now that's gonna be pimp
That's gonna be slick! Is the dash already color matched?

Originally Posted by mattVA
monster, you didn't lose a spring on your shift shaft seal. Harley updated the seal to include a garter spring in September of 2013. I didn't have any luck getting that seal out with a pick, didn't have one that would work. Next time I'll use compressed air and a blow gun. Saw a video on the process. Take an awl, puncture the seal at the outside diameter, push the blow gun in the hole and hit it with a strong blast of air it should pop right out.
Right on matt thanks for the heads up. Yea that pick I had was perfect to popping out small seals, it was like a half a corkscrew. Now it's In the garbage... Stupid MDG seal...

Old 01-15-2015 | 06:29 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team
Community Team

Originally Posted by monster715
That's gonna be slick! Is the dash already color matched?
Dash on tank remains the stock, textured black PC. Sending off the ignition switch to Joe to black match to the console. Thanks

Old 01-15-2015 | 06:44 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member

Dash on tank remains the stock, textured black PC. Sending off the ignition switch to Joe to black match to the console. Thanks
Joe just did this on my buddies '13 Fat Bob and is working on switching the LEDS on the gauge.

Old 01-15-2015 | 08:20 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team
Community Team

Looks sharp!

I think I'll install flat black LED's that emit black-void light

Old 01-16-2015 | 06:30 PM
monster715
|
Road Warrior

Baker adjuster and my gaskets came in today. Now I can press the IPB race on and lock down that pulley. Also going to replace the trans trap door gasket while everything's off

Old 01-16-2015 | 07:10 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member

Nice but I dont see the Baker comp in there?????

Old 01-16-2015 | 09:06 PM
monster715
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by soft 02
Nice but I dont see the Baker comp in there?????
No baker comp yet. I put myself on the waiting list but I may wait to do it. Gonna run about another $450 with the rotor. I think my stock comp is still good so I may see if it'll hold up. I pulled the gearset out and I'm at another stand still because I'm going to replace the mainshaft seal. Word of advice for those reading, and I know soft, you mentioned this in your thread, DONT FORGET TO PULL YOUR DIPSTICK OUT OF THE TRANSMISSION BEFORE PULLING THE GEARSET! I almost snapped mine off and then remembered your thread mentioning it. It's slightly bent but I think we're good. Also don't forget to lift up the shifter pawl under the top cover. So here's the gearset I'm gonna try and get the seal in the morning and seal the tranny back up

Quick Reply: 124" winter build...