Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

124" winter build...

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015 | 06:56 PM
fatmanontwowheels
Tourer

Originally Posted by SLV
Starting to come together Monster Man. Love the black and gray. This motor is going to be a true Monster.

I'm still awaiting parts on my Sportster Cafe project.

I'm using Pinterest to track the progress. http://www.pinterest.com/superlumina...-cafe-project/
This should be nice. Nice color too.

Old 01-07-2015 | 08:25 PM
monster715
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SLV
Starting to come together Monster Man. Love the black and gray. This motor is going to be a true Monster.

I'm still awaiting parts on my Sportster Cafe project.

I'm using Pinterest to track the progress. http://www.pinterest.com/superlumina...-cafe-project/
SLV what's up man. I've been waiting for you to find your way over here. Hell yea man I'm looking forward to your build too. Your not doing a thread in the sporty section?

Old 01-07-2015 | 08:33 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by monster715
SLV what's up man. I've been waiting for you to find your way over here. Hell yea man I'm looking forward to your build too. Your not doing a thread in the sporty section?
I am, but nobody replied (boo hoo!).

I'm waiting for parts anyway. I'll update it with lots of pics once I'm done.

Check out the Pinterest thread to see progress.

Old 01-07-2015 | 08:35 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

slv, awesome thread!

Old 01-11-2015 | 06:27 PM
emory70
Advanced

Love what you have so far with the black on gray. I'm still in the planning stages on my 06 SG, and I'm looking forward to seeing yours complete. A total gray to black swap is way more than I wanna deal with.

Old 01-14-2015 | 04:44 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Community Team

Bump for any update!

It's winter, need something to chew on, any update on anything?

I forget, did you before you shipped off the motor check it's crank run-out?

Old 01-14-2015 | 08:02 PM
monster715
|
Road Warrior

Ok suede here's a pic heavy update on pretty much nothing haha. The backside of my inner primary was filthy, so I was thinking the shift shaft seal must have been leaking. I decided to replace both that seal and the MDG seal.

I used a small curved pick to pull the shift shaft seal and a 13mm deep socket to push it back in

The far seal is the new one and you can see the spring in it. The old seal doesn't have a spring in it anymore, I looked in the case and all over the ground but never found a spring. Probably a good reason why it was leaking

On the main drive gear seal I tried my trusty pick and snapped the tip right off (dammit). So I drilled two small holes and put 2 screws in with a screwdriver, NOT A DRILL! The bearing is very close to the back of the seal so be very careful drilling and inserting the screws. After I got the screws in I grabbed the head with channel locks and tapped it out with a hammer

I tapped the new MDG seal in with a rubber mallet, put the washer and a new snap ring on the shift shaft and called it a day. The snap ring on the shift shaft looks identical to the snap ring on the bottom of the clutch perch but it is different

I had to type this like 4 times because my iPad decided tonight would be a great time to screw with me. So I'll end it with a dog pic for the win and I'm gonna crack a cold one

Oh yea, and no I didn't check the runout. I thought about checking it just out of curiosity but I couldn't justify spending the money on the tool for a crank that was going in the recycling bin. I would have like to have known tho. Hopefully there's a shiny, perfectly balanced S&S 4-5/8" crank in my cases right now

Last edited by monster715; 01-14-2015 at 08:13 PM.
Old 01-14-2015 | 08:05 PM
tmanbuckhunter
Outstanding HDF Member

The 2 screw method is how me and my buddy did it on my bike... gotta do what you gotta do.

Old 01-14-2015 | 08:12 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Community Team

Excellent update Man, thanks for the pics

Old 01-14-2015 | 08:56 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member

That's not an update on nothing! It's Harley **** for sick people like me..

Quick Reply: 124" winter build...