Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

suicide shifter

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 02:01 PM
tireater
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: suicide shifter

I'm not againt a foot clutch - just wouldn't ride it - GOOD LUCK!

Old 04-16-2007, 06:40 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Check out www.vtwinmfg.com at pages 106-108 for some jockey shift conversion parts ...

R/ Priest

Old 04-16-2007, 10:28 PM
codsack
Advanced

Good input....I'm gonna go get some round bar this evening. I'm not sure about the style shift yet....eight ball is cool, but everyone thinks that off hand all ready. I'mmight make my own if I don't come up with something. Maybe aactual pistonif anyone of my buds have one, burnt or not. I have made my own shift ***** for my hotrod 240z already, soo.

As far as the section 8... I've been called crazy and wierd too many times to remember. Suicide shift only seems natural for someone like me. I'm gonna fab all my own parts as I have in the past for cars and my first bike. I just have to find a bushing or bearing for the foot clutch to ride. I really like mechanical looks, something raw, not chrome. I want something unique, but not the norm. as far as suicide shifters go. I'm gonna start making up the shifter (easy part) this evening. I'll keep ya'll informed. I'm gonna check out bearings for the foot clutch at a store that my work uses to find unique/hard to find bearings at.

Jayfrompa....the lizard king can do anything.

later, Chase. Aka fish

Old 04-16-2007, 11:00 PM
tireater
Banned

I'm thinking of building a Redneck mutant mono shock frame. Does a tank shift with a hidden twist clutch and an auto clutch sound stupid...?

Old 04-17-2007, 12:00 PM
BeavisRules
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been thinking about this for awhile also. I think the bike would look really nice with the suicide shifter but the functionality of it might be a little tricky. I bet once you get used to riding with it you wouldn't want to go back to the regular shifter.

I wonder how hard it would be to put the shifter on the right side of the bike. That way you could keep the clutch on the left hand and shift with the right. You let up on the throttle when you shift anyway so why not use it to shift the bike?

hmmmm, I think I will have to go out to the garage and take another look at the bike.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:44 PM
waterman7474
Road Master

i believe in the back of Backstreet Chopper i saw a new product thing on a new shift dog for jockey's and suicides. it puts neutral at the bottom, so that in a "quick" situation, you just bang it all the way down to the bottom and don't have to hunt back up for neutral.

sounds like a really good idea to me. so much so that it made me kinda consider it.

i also think if you went with one of those auto clutches (like the one that advertised on this site) you'd be doing good too. i'm kinda thinkin' bout with that combo.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:38 PM
HarleyBobber
Cruiser

Ok, So this thread is a few years old. I am trying to find out exactly the function of the auto clutch. Cant really pin it down. Anyone??
I am debating a suicide with the clutch on the lever itself. Early stages here, but hope to start on this soon!

Old 10-29-2010, 05:47 PM
icecaps
Reading More Posting Less
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 10-29-2010, 05:58 PM
HarleyBobber
Cruiser

Yeah, Yeah. Lol. No crap, I did search google and didn't find that site. I knew they worked off of the "throttle" or apparently the RPMs. But, Holy Crap they are expensive!!!
Thanks for the link Ice.
Any other info on Suicides, I am interested. Coming to my bike this winter!!!!!!

Old 10-29-2010, 07:02 PM
kk6pg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Talk to Dr V-Twin (Drew). He has a La Briola set up on his softail and loves it. Stay away from a jockey shift set up. They look cool but are hard on the equipment. You'll end up buying a lot of replacement parts before you know it

Quick Reply: suicide shifter