Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

May give my wife my Bob, need reduced reach seat

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 06:48 AM
FellOff
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default May give my wife my Bob, need reduced reach seat

Hello All,

I have a 14 Street Bob, with a Mustang day tripper solo seat. I put floorboards on it (Harley) so the foot placement is forward in between where mids were and were forwards would be. My wife has a new Sporty 883 but it isnt powerful enough for her.

So, she will either be trading it in/selling it and taking my Bob and (I would go to a Street Glide) or she will be getting a Low Rider or another Street Bob.

Bottom line, she will be getting a Dyna, mine or similar. When she rides mine, she has to scoot up on the seat to reach the floorboard and foot controls comfortably (she is about 5'4"). I see Harley has a Super Reduced Reach Solo seat (pn 54384-11) so that is an option and I am hoping they have one to demo on my bike for her.

Does anyone know of another good reduced reach seat that moves you forward about 3" besides Harley? I have thought about putting my mids back on if she like it but she does like the ability to move her feet around on the boards so I would like to keep them on for her.

Thanks in advance!

Old 12-02-2014, 07:38 AM
jmb79
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Off the top of my head, Saddleman has the "heels down" option, La Pera has the "up front" option and Mustang has the "forward" option. The options are available on different seats within each manufacturer's line, and the options move the rider forward between 1.5" and 3". A friend of mine went through this about a year ago. I think she ended up with a La Pera that had the "up front" option. I would imagine that other seat manufacturers besides the ones I've mentioned also makes seats with a similar option.

Last edited by jmb79; 12-02-2014 at 09:05 AM.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:47 AM
Sorry_Dog
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For what it's worth, I just had my stock wide glide seat customized from Mean City Cycles. Do a search on the forums and you can find him. He did exactly what I asked AND only cost me $115. I was very impressed with his work. Very nice people to deal with as well. From my understanding, he can raise, lower, push forward, backwards, just about anything you want done. In his order form he even gets your dimensions (height,weight, inseam, etc.). It's a lot cheaper than buying a new seat and the work is first class. You may ask around the forum, I'm sure other people have used him as well. His link is usually in the vendors. Hope this helps.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:44 AM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 333 Likes on 248 Posts

I agree with Sorry Dog - search around to see if you can find someone to modify your existing seat - it will usually be better than any aftermarket one you find out there

Old 12-02-2014, 10:48 AM
fxrnutt
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Stock 2014 lowrider seat. ....I have my stocker for sale

Old 12-02-2014, 02:03 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

The sundowner seat is like a reduced reach seat. I have one laying around thinking it would work for me but it pushed me way too forward.

Depends on where you are (shipping costs) I can cut you a good deal on the seat if it will fit.
It is like new. Fits all Dyna bikes 06 up.
I prefer C&C seats myself. Rather low cost, and is considered a frame huger. Just use a back rest to move the rider forward.

Last edited by dirtdobber; 12-02-2014 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:12 PM
sixty-niner
Cruiser
Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a brand new 2014 fat bob seat for sale, it puts you up a couple of inches than the older seat. That may be a great fit for her.

Old 01-18-2017, 04:52 AM
Ratchettrnr
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat

Originally Posted by dirtdobber
The sundowner seat is like a reduced reach seat. I have one laying around thinking it would work for me but it pushed me way too forward.

Depends on where you are (shipping costs) I can cut you a good deal on the seat if it will fit.
It is like new. Fits all Dyna bikes 06 up.
I prefer C&C seats myself. Rather low cost, and is considered a frame huger. Just use a back rest to move the rider forward.
hi was wondering about your sundowner seat I live by ft.dix nj was wondering about working out a deal for your sundowner seat if you still have hear is my email thanks ratchettrnr01@aol.com

Old 01-18-2017, 06:19 AM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,201 Likes on 1,687 Posts

Take tou wife and the. Bike to the dwaler and let them put the tester seats on your bob til she's happy.