Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tell me what y'all think... black heatshields

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007 | 07:41 PM
Ms Denise
Cruiser
Default RE: Tell me what y'all think...

I agree...paint the whole thing. I've seen a few black denim bobs with the flat black painted set up. It looks really nice.

Old 04-13-2007 | 08:26 PM
markdt
Road Captain

I painted my system with black ceramic and then cured them at 550 degrees in the oven. Tough as hell and has a satin finish...Mark...

Old 04-13-2007 | 09:03 PM
edgar3
Cruiser

first off I'm laughing like hell because you photoshopped your pipes! I've been toying with the same idea in regard to accesories!
I just haven't sat long enough to do it... but a great idea with the pipes, I like it... I also like the ones that have "holes" punched in them revealing the black underneath..one of the guys on this forum has them. they look great.

I'm not crazy about the all black..unless the entire bike is black...

Old 04-13-2007 | 09:12 PM
2002fxdp
Road Captain

i think it looks ok

Old 04-13-2007 | 09:19 PM
RazorFXDB
Tourer

I want to say I hate it (I don't) just because it doesn't matter. Paint 'em pink if you think it looks good. The only one that matters is you! Bikes are like women, they come in all different shapes and sizes,some will appeal to you, and some won't ....but they're all fun to ride.

Old 04-14-2007 | 12:44 AM
06BlackWG
Tourer

I liked the black pipe shieldswith the chrome mufflers.

If your pipes look like mine the black will look good with purple.

I was thinking of having my pipes coated because I don't like purple. I installed the Fuelpak with the slip-ons and big sucker so hopefully the exhaust won't be so hot to ruin an expensive coating. Maybe I'll go with black pipes with chrome shields and slip-ons.

Old 04-14-2007 | 12:47 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I believe chrome is Holy..........sorry..........

Old 04-14-2007 | 05:11 AM
stevieg
Road Warrior

I like it! Especially if you could paint 'em shiny black (that's what it looks like) to match the bike.

Old 04-14-2007 | 05:29 AM
six8olds
Advanced

At first look I hated it! It just doesn't seem naturaul for the half black/half chrome pipes. But I looked at the picture some more and. . . I really dig it. Looks slightly different and unique.

I so go for what you want. If you decide to paint the mufflers later, thats easier than doing them now and deciding you don't like it.

Old 04-14-2007 | 10:11 AM
risdo
|
Road Captain

I printed off those photochops, and showed them around at my local watering hole last night.

Those guys (and gals) have every different type of Harley you can think of... 100% of them liked it. Not what I expected...

Now, I can sit here and say I was going to do it no matter what the response was, but I'd be lying if I said their opinions meant nothing...

Python3 makes a set of taperedslip-ons that resemble the factory mufflers, but they're about 7" shorter. (Like I said, I really like the shape of the factory stuff... but they're just a little too big.)I think, this fall, I might do that. But, I'm gonna do those heat shields this week. Pix later. Uhhh, real pix, that is...

Quick Reply: Tell me what y'all think... black heatshields