Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Input on Nightrider FL Vied

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 05:07 PM
Derik
Tourer
Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts
Question Input on Nightrider FL Vied

Since I put a Samson exhaust on my bike I get alittle more decel pop than normal, damn lean stock Harleys especially these Cali bikes. Also, I was gonna add an aftermarket AC and was wondering if these would be enough just to keep my bike rich enough to run right. Not really looking to add a lot of performance (I have a blown out Vrod for that), just running better and alittle cooler.

Thanks,

sales.nightrider.com/fl-vied-10.html

Old 11-04-2014, 05:28 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

To your first question I'm sure you read up on nightrider's website so trust him, I've spoken to him and he is very knowlegeable and also is the inventor of the xied's and vied's andthat whole line. It is basically a resistor that ttricks the ecm into believing the bike is lean and it therefore injects more fuel. To your second question as far as I know they are not intended for a stage 1 setup. If your not looking for power then change your pipes and add the vied and she'll be happy with that and so shall you. If you go adding a bigger intake then I recommend getting a tuner with it. The vied's can always stay on or be sold later if you choose.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:45 PM
TexasScooterTrash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,375 Likes on 844 Posts

I had xied wires on my 07 Dyna and they were OK for Stage 1. No the greatest improvement in performance but a very noticeable difference AND budget friendly. They reduced the heat issue and eliminated the decel popping. The only reason I took them off is because I converted it to a CV 40.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:24 PM
Derik
Tourer
Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks guys

Old 11-05-2014, 12:12 AM
latrobedyna
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those XIED things basically change the bias voltage your ECU see's. So yes they can give you a some what richer fuel mixture while in the closed loop section of your fuel injection map but they don't do a damned thing in the open loop section. As far as poping is concerned i not really sure they help very much there. Although i use them before i wast money on some sort of add on gizmo like the powercommender III or V. If your close to serious about stopping the popping i consider a flash device like the Power Vision or a TTS.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:08 AM
Krazy8s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts

I run an SE Hi flow AC, V&H Straight shot slip ons and the FL ViEDs.

I went with the ViEDs at the time because I couldnt afford a Fuelpak or PCV, thinking I would upgrade later. At this time I am so happy with the ViEDs that I am in no hurry to upgrade to a fuel manager. I know there are further benefits to be had but I've got the ViEDs tweaked just right and the bike sings.
One day I'll go to a full exhaust system, other motor mods and spend the $$ for fuel management and a dyno tune, but for now I am a happy chap.