Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sporty to street bob. WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 05:43 AM
Jlovesseconds
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sporty to street bob. WOW!

Hey Folks just traded my 13 Iron in for a 14 street bob ,both denim,anyway I had shortshots on my Iron for almost all of the 14000 miles and that thing got very loud as time went by,well now I have the street bob with stock pipes on,also bought some v&h slip ons,but here's my question,as of now I am really liking the quite ride after that very loud sporty,but should I hang on to the slip ons for the street bob? Think I will tire of the quietness and want that load rumble back? I know it is up to me,but anyone have a similar experience?thanks

Last edited by Jlovesseconds; 10-28-2014 at 05:42 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:13 AM
End Loser
Tourer
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Yes similar here, I had 2007 Nightster with very loud exhaust. I bought a new Wide Glide, put slip-ons on and now I really dislike the loud sound of my old bike. I'm sticking with slip-ons for the foreseeable future. New bike is plenty loud and not annoying and 50 state street legal. But to each his own.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:22 AM
Jlovesseconds
Tourer

As of now I have the stock pipes on it the slip ons are still in the box,the HD dealer fired up the same bike I have with the same screamin eagle slip ons I bought and it was quite loud,so that is really what I am asking,should I just take them back or will I tire of the quietness of the stock system and want that loud rumble at some point in future,thanks for your comment

Old 10-28-2014, 06:50 AM
Bbrownsb14
Advanced

Hey man congrats on the new bike I upgraded from my sporty in August got the 14 black denim sb also my sporty had bassani sweepers on it sounded awesome really liked it with the pipes being short and dumpin on the ground right behind ur leg seemed was loud while riding but really not as loud off the bike my bob has the v and h slip ons on it that the dealer put on there not as loud as the sweepers but got a great deep tone way better than stock and with the pipes going to the back of the bike puts the noise behind you not annoying haven't got annoying either think ull be happy with it if u put em on doubt ull wanna take em off mine will be staying on until I get the money saved up to get a bassani road rage 2-1

Old 10-28-2014, 06:51 AM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,768 Likes on 833 Posts

More likely you will feel the extreme heat coming off the hot stock exhaust with the catalytic converter and get tired of the anemic performance of the stock bike. At that time you could do a Stage One Tune and pick up a high flow air intake and retune with a Power Commander or Vance and Hines Fuelpak 3.
If the Slipons are too loud you can get baffles.
Just my opinion because you asked. Ride it as is until you are looking for something different. That's the beauty of these bikes.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:15 AM
Qdog002
Stellar HDF Member
Received 868 Likes on 547 Posts

I know exactly what you are saying. You are enjoying the new ride and the quietness that goes along with it. I remember my first ride with the V&H slipons I put on and my ears were ringing after 2 hrs.

Here is a link to a company that can modify your OEM slipons or trade or just get different baffles. There is a section where you can hear the difference.

American Custom | harley exhaust | custom exhaust | custom harley exhaust | custom harley parts | harley exhaust pipes | harley pipes | harley mufflers | harley davidson pipes | exhaust for harley | harley sportster exhaust | harley softail exhaust

Old 10-28-2014, 04:31 PM
Jlovesseconds
Tourer

Thanks for all your imput guys,but it is really amazing how quite this bike is for right now,and the power is awesome,and what a big diff from the stock pipes on the sportster,that sounded like a sewing Mach.

Old 10-28-2014, 05:16 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on your new bike!

Old 10-28-2014, 11:19 PM
jjtroutbum
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love my slip ons bike was way to quiet. Just take a sec to swapem back if you dont like em. And congrats on the new bike

Old 10-28-2014, 11:30 PM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 220 Likes on 192 Posts

Congrats on your new bike.

Quick Reply: Sporty to street bob. WOW!