Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Club Bikes"

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 01:58 PM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 134 Posts

Don't know about club bikes but I know Wide Glides, especially pre-06 -- are the ****...

Old 10-26-2014, 03:09 PM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by EP50
Rumor has it that the club bike fad is going to be repalced by a trike fad
LOL, or maybe Priuses and Volvos, with badazz people driving them around and doing evil deeds, rather than humping trees.

Old 10-26-2014, 03:57 PM
bullast
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Is that a reference to Breaking Bad? If so, well played.

Originally Posted by Warp Factor
LOL, or maybe Priuses and Volvos, with badazz people driving them around and doing evil deeds, rather than humping trees.
As for the OP and the topic....

If my "club bike" is considered a fad, Im guilty as charged.

I knew I wanted a Harley.

I did A LOT of research and this build really fit my criteria.

I love it. Thats what matters to me.

A couple people have LOL'd that I ride an SOA bike but it doesn't bother me.

Hell, my CO calls me Jax. He recently crashed his bike and **** were we worried about him.

Theres a lot of styles I don't like but would NEVER insult someone about it.

Different strokes.

I don't know where the hell I'm going with this post. Just rambling.

2 wheels, 1 love guys.

Enjoy the ride.

Old 10-26-2014, 04:08 PM
PRODUCTofNJ
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crazy
Previous track record, I guess. Some people on the forum have a memory that goes back more than a day or two:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...01-t-bars.html

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...49-t-bars.html

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...th-t-bars.html

"Gotta admit. I HATE em! Am I missing something? Am I the only one who thinks they look ridiculous"

"T bars and quarter fairings. I guess everybody is a SOA wanna bee. Oh, well. Still hate em and think they look stupid."

"I see they must be "the latest thing", because a lot of guys are running them, but man, they look really stupid and uncomfortable to me. Somebody please explain to me why you think those look good."

" I'm sorry, but that just looks stupid to me. It screams "look at me". I can't believe someone who rides a motorcycle seriously, like goes places other than the local bar or dealership, would actually want bars like that. I gotta tell ya, most of the guys I ride with, (call us old farts if you want, but we've all been riding over 40 years) would laugh you off the road if you showed up with those things on your bike."

"Comfortable or not, they look really stupid to me! Almost comical."

" I just can't believe someone actually thinks they LOOK GOOD. That was my main question, not how comfortable they are, which I'm not buying either, BTW."

"I just don't get guys who obviously pattern their bikes after some TV show. T bars with quarter fairings are, IMHO, SOA poser bikes. And, they look stupid besides."

This quote from forum member izzyryder to you from a previous thread sums it up well:

"For someone riding since 1965 it's pretty obvious you don't really get out and ride much, and don't go to many places where there are other bikers. This whole thread wasn't a question but a way for you to mock something you don't like out the side of your mouth. Some of us like different things, and lots of us don't decide what we do to our bikes based on what you think is a fad. Saying as such shows that maybe you feel that's the type of mindset you have. You just like your bike.that's cool. Some of us don't care what anyone thinks and make it out own. We don't worry about fads and shows or what some tool on a forum thinks. "

(underlining not in original)
If I was the OP I'd feel pretty dumb right now. You've just been aired out and it really goes to show you get off on whinning and making fun of other peoples bikes.

Old 10-26-2014, 04:20 PM
hd4evr2008
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,904 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by PRODUCTofNJ
If I was the OP I'd feel pretty dumb right now. You've just been aired out and it really goes to show you get off on whinning and making fun of other peoples bikes.
Don't feel dumb at all. I posted my opinions. You are free to ignore me if it upsets you. There several other threads where people are criticizing and making fun of other people's bikes. There's one right now about a headlight on someone's bike. I've just as often posted about how much I like someone's bike, as a matter of fact.

Last edited by hd4evr2008; 10-26-2014 at 04:26 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:25 PM
Ironhead.Chris
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hd4evr2008
Don't feel dumb at all. I posted my opinions. You are free to ignore me if it upsets you.
You should feel dumb considering the majority of the people that chimed in here weren't in your favor and think your an idiot that likes to crap on fellow riders bikes.

Old 10-26-2014, 04:28 PM
PRODUCTofNJ
Cruiser

Hdforever, whatever helps you sleep at night bro. Your true colors have shown thru with all your complaining.

Old 10-26-2014, 04:31 PM
hd4evr2008
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,904 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironhead.Chris
You should feel dumb considering the majority of the people that chimed in here weren't in your favor and think your an idiot that likes to crap on fellow riders bikes.
Not as dumb as someone who uses one of the gay Village People as his profile pic. You trying to tell us something?
That pic is honestly a little creepy. I couldn't care less what you think.
You haven't exactly made a lot of friends on here either. You've just joined and think you're hot sh*t. I'm not impressed. Get over yourself, Skippy.

I'm moving on. You all can continue. But you'll be the one keeping this thread alive, not me. Enjoy yourselves.

Last edited by hd4evr2008; 10-26-2014 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:34 PM
fxdlx
Road Master
Received 98 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironhead.Chris
Really?
Chris I'm shocked at your viciousness.
Don't take him seriously.
Not all harley riders care who see's them or what other people think.

Old 10-26-2014, 06:46 PM
Dun Roamin
Banned

hd4evr2008, I suspect the guy with the Village People avatar does not take himself too seriously, and has a sense of irony you'd benefit from.

Do you watch Sons of Anarchy? Did you ever hangaround or get invited to join a "club"?

Still trying to dig some benefit out of this ditch by the side of the road ...
Does anyone have an accurate take on the history of T-bars?
When did they start, who started making or popularizing them, how did they come about? Especially these really tall ones.

I'm more into function rather than style and have a pair of bars similar or the same as that rather good looking Wide Glide above and so am excused from the heavy criticism. I like them because they have less of a pull back than most normal bars and good leverage, but they are damned heavy.

Are these T-bars more rigid than equivalent apes?

What happens in a crash? I'm be worried to have to pay for more dental work if I hit them!

Quick Reply: "Club Bikes"