Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Club Bikes"

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 08:05 PM
RustyCage
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 10-25-2014, 09:00 PM
Dun Roamin
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hd4evr2008
Dude! YOU are the only one talking about that. Maybe you need to look in the mirror?
So how many inches are we talking about?

Is it just the high rise and straight ones, or all T-bars? Seriously, how high are we talking?

I actually agree with you on the real tall bars and I was never much of a fan of straight drag racing bars from an ergonomic point of view but pull backs are OK.

8" T-bars still fit in and under the top of a batwing.

Last edited by Dun Roamin; 10-25-2014 at 09:05 PM.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:23 PM
Ironhead.Chris
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This place is like family.

If this place is like family why crap on the bikes that they love so much? The way you just spew whatever crap comes to mind certainly doesn't seem like something one would do to family.

Seriously everytime you reply to this thread you just make yourself look more and more ridiculous.

Old 10-25-2014, 09:43 PM
fxdlx
Road Master
Received 98 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironhead.Chris
If this place is like family why crap on the bikes that they love so much? The way you just spew whatever crap comes to mind certainly doesn't seem like something one would do to family.
You ever hear of a boy named Sue?

Some families aren't all lovie dovie.

Old 10-25-2014, 10:20 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironhead.Chris

Seriously everytime you reply to this thread you just make yourself look more and more ridiculous.
Is because he's a lonely dude..... That sucks... Sad....

Old 10-26-2014, 09:39 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

Wasn't trying to stir any pot. Just think since the SOA sitcom has been on, these bikes are everywhere. As far as the "building something different", I had to chuckle at that comment, since they all look alike.

Ten years ago, custom choppers were "in", now it's custom baggers. You may say that club bikes", i.e. bikes with t-bars and quarter fairings, have been around for 40 years, but I've been around a lot longer than that, and I don't remember EVER seeing any of those t-bar/1/4 fairing bikes any where in the '60's/'70's.
Wait until SOA is a distant memory, and I predict club bikes will be a distant memory also. Not a good thing or a bad thing, just a fact. I started this thread for your opinions, not to bash anyone's preferences. You won't hurt my feelings if you disagree with me!
I spent the entire summer and early fall working all over **** hole Ohio, in the Lorain,Cleveland area, and traveling up and down the coast as far South as Myrtle Beach and have never seen a club style bike anywhere. You must be imagining this or confusing internet and tv with reality.

The bike I rode when I was 18 looks basically the same as the bike I ride currently at almost 40. I agree the stupid show has muddied the waters and I look forward to when its over and forgotten about. But hey, I would still ride the Black Widow FXR from Harley Davidson and the Marlboro man so that stereo type may never go away even after the dumass show is over.

On a side note, nobody has ever said **** to me about my bike other than that is badass. If they did it wasnt to my face, maybe I dont look all that approachable???

You should invest in heated gear so you can ride more in the cold, it may help you come back to reality........Its cold in shithole Ohio

Last edited by parts eeter; 10-26-2014 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-26-2014, 11:49 AM
hd4evr2008
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,904 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by parts eeter
I spent the entire summer and early fall working all over **** hole Ohio, in the Lorain,Cleveland area......

........Its cold in shithole Ohio
So.......you really liked Ohio, huh??

Old 10-26-2014, 12:33 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

So.......you really liked Ohio, huh??
They do have a badass drag strip in Norwalk, you got that goin for you. Vermillion was nice also.

Old 10-26-2014, 12:53 PM
hd4evr2008
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,904 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by parts eeter
They do have a badass drag strip in Norwalk, you got that goin for you. Vermillion was nice also.
Did you get to Cedar Point? Actually Ohio's pretty nice EXCEPT for the weather. You're right, it gets COLD here. Riding season will be over in a few weeks. I go til December most of the time, then I'm done until mid-March.

Last edited by hd4evr2008; 10-26-2014 at 12:55 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 01:04 PM
EP50
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Rumor has it that the club bike fad is going to be repalced by a trike fad

Quick Reply: "Club Bikes"