Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fork Brace suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 09:57 AM
Beagle1
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fork Brace suggestions

ORIGINAL: tireater

Ithink the 49mm front end has put an end to the need for a fork brace...I think fork springs would be money better spent on 49mm front end...
I'd like to spend some time discussing this theory with you. I was felling the same way after my fork oil change. Is there a particulur spring set you'd recommend?

Here's my story...Changed to SE fork oil after the front end was banging and klunking last fall. So this spring it was riding AWESOME. Until...I hit a really hard bump while riding 2-up a few weeks ago. Now it's back to banging and klunking over bumps and I can bury the front end on hard braking again. Prior to the hard bump I could brake hard and more controlled. (I'm going to start a seperate thread for some feedback).

Now I'm thinking some springs AND a fork brace. Yesterday on my way home from work at 75mph in the wind I swear I could see the forks twisting, as the bars were staying straight but the wheel was working back & forth.

Old 04-21-2007, 02:46 PM
tireater
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like progressive springs -std. length- but now I wan't to install Race Tech gold valve cartridge emulator. It already works great ...

Old 04-21-2007, 07:25 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

I've got a 49mm on my WG. I added a fork brace plus adjusted my shield (kicked the bottom out 2") making it more aerodynamic for a better slip stream. I just got home from a test run down the high way and for the first time it glided along like silk at 80 running 2 up. More stable than ever and no problems with the wind buffeting either. Imho, they do make a noticeable difference.