Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance & Hines Twin Slash 2-Into-1 Slip-On Muffler - 2014 FXDL Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 07:52 AM
NealE
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Vance & Hines Twin Slash 2-Into-1 Slip-On Muffler - 2014 FXDL Low Rider

Does anyone have any experience of this slip on muffler on the Low Rider?

V&H Part Number is 16801

Most slip-on discussions I have seen refer to the SE Nightstick which does not appear to be UK legal, whereas this does.

Experience of this (a photo on a Low Rider would be a plus) would be a great help as the only reviews refer to the Switchback. I'm guessing sound/performance on both would be similar but its the length it extends against the stock muffler and how it sounds that is useful information.

Had V&H Short Shots on my old Iron - I don't want anything that loud!

Last edited by NealE; 10-14-2014 at 08:53 AM.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:26 PM
Grendel4
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I had them on my Dyna before I switched to my current ones.

They were okay. They sounded pretty good.

But they look like -- Well.... They look like what they are -- Slip ons.

I gave them to the Indy who put my new system on to sell for me. Haven't heard back from him and it's been two years. Probably never will, either.

I would advise (even though you didn't ask for it ) that you just go ahead and get the exhaust system you want instead of tossing a couple hundred down the toilet.

But that's just me

Old 10-14-2014, 05:52 PM
NealE
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Grendel4
I had them on my Dyna before I switched to my current ones.

They were okay. They sounded pretty good.

But they look like -- Well.... They look like what they are -- Slip ons.

I gave them to the Indy who put my new system on to sell for me. Haven't heard back from him and it's been two years. Probably never will, either.

I would advise (even though you didn't ask for it ) that you just go ahead and get the exhaust system you want instead of tossing a couple hundred down the toilet.

But that's just me
Thanks for the answer. Thing is, I like the 2 into 1 look and like the look of the twin slash so it probably what I will go for. Would be good to know if any other Low Rider owner has gone that route as the standard muffler is just so quiet, and as I said the Nightstick isn't available or legal in the UK.

Old 10-14-2014, 07:48 PM
shodown220
Road Warrior
Received 761 Likes on 407 Posts

Switchback slip ons will fit the new low rider just fine. I had the California legal cycle shack slip on installed on my 14 low rider. Didn't care for it, wasn't any louder than stock really. After altering the baffle inside I got it to sound OK but still wasn't happy. Ended up with short shots full exhaust. If you are set on keeping the 2-1 I would either get a 2-1 aftermarket pipe or get that cat cut out of your stock pipe

Old 10-15-2014, 03:21 AM
NealE
Cruiser

Originally Posted by shodown220
Switchback slip ons will fit the new low rider just fine. I had the California legal cycle shack slip on installed on my 14 low rider. Didn't care for it, wasn't any louder than stock really. After altering the baffle inside I got it to sound OK but still wasn't happy. Ended up with short shots full exhaust. If you are set on keeping the 2-1 I would either get a 2-1 aftermarket pipe or get that cat cut out of your stock pipe

Thanks for letting me know. If it's no louder then it's pointless. Back to the research.

Old 10-15-2014, 07:14 AM
shodown220
Road Warrior
Received 761 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by NealE
Thanks for letting me know. If it's no louder then it's pointless. Back to the research.
I think you're going to have a heard time finding a slip on that is louder. Honestly the cat in the head pipe kills so much noise. I fired mine up with no muffler just head pipes and it wasn't really that loud. It's crazy how sound deadening the cat is

Old 10-15-2014, 08:03 AM
Grendel4
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe I shouldn't have piped in. I'm prejudiced.

Here's my first new Harley. Bought it new. Saved for over a year just to make the down payment.

1977 Super Glide

Hated that exhaust. Didn't dislike it, didn't have a mild distaste for it --

I hated it.

We called it the 'sewer pipe' and made fun of it because it sounded like it was running in a swimming pool.

Hated that freaking pipe.

I was young and poor as a church mouse in those days. Had to save for 6 Months to put an electric start on it. The Keihin Carburetor sucked *** (the float was adjusted improperly, I later found..... MUCH later) and it often took 20 kicks to get that going. Especially when I was running 50 weight oil in it and the temperature dipped below 40 degrees.

I loved that bike.

Hated that sewer pipe, though. Hated it. Finally got it off after I moved to Florida. Put two into twos on it.

But that's just me

Did I tell you how much I hated that exhaust system??

Old 10-15-2014, 08:47 AM
NealE
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Grendel4
Maybe I shouldn't have piped in. I'm prejudiced.

Here's my first new Harley. Bought it new. Saved for over a year just to make the down payment.

1977 Super Glide

Hated that exhaust. Didn't dislike it, didn't have a mild distaste for it --

I hated it.

We called it the 'sewer pipe' and made fun of it because it sounded like it was running in a swimming pool.

Hated that freaking pipe.

I was young and poor as a church mouse in those days. Had to save for 6 Months to put an electric start on it. The Keihin Carburetor sucked *** (the float was adjusted improperly, I later found..... MUCH later) and it often took 20 kicks to get that going. Especially when I was running 50 weight oil in it and the temperature dipped below 40 degrees.

I loved that bike.

Hated that sewer pipe, though. Hated it. Finally got it off after I moved to Florida. Put two into twos on it.

But that's just me

Did I tell you how much I hated that exhaust system??

Thanks Grendel4 - so reading between the lines, you didn't like that exhaust? Thanks again for the input - still researching.