Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 or 07 FXDL

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 02:25 PM
nhrider1
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by byrne092
Thats awesome ctchap, I am so looking forward to getting a bike hopefully this week, it will be my first as well! I think I have it narrowed down to the two 2007's listed above, I am just not sure what I should do because I am new to this and the price points are somewhat hard to understand at the moment.

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/mcy/4662584040.html - This one is apparently is perfect condition and I wouldnt doubt it by the pictures. The only upgrades appear to be extra chrome, a windshield, engine guard, and a batt charger. He wants $7400.

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/mcy/4661679753.html - This one needs a new tire and has a very small ding in the tank according to the owner. But then it has the screaming eagle intake, v&h pipes, and a tuner. He wants $6600.

I know I should just probably go see them but at the same time it would be nice to kind of have a decision beforehand, because I am a new rider and would probably not be riding it back because both are about an hour away (unfortunately in opposite directions) and require city highway driving for a portion of the trip (which I dont think would be a good idea for me). I have a trailer setup.

Any more advice would be greatly appreciated. I
Its hard to beat a low mileage bike that hasn't been molested. He doesn't say what the mileage is? so you should find out. The windshield is nice to have, and would cost $350-$400 .

The ding in the other tank will get old real fast. I just replaced a rear tire on my 05 Deluxe and dealer charged about $450 to mount and balance an OEM tire. I did the removal and install labor...so that will get the gap in pricing much closer.

See what "low Mileage" actually means...If it is a low mileage bike, that would be my choice.

Old 10-13-2014, 03:58 PM
byrne092
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nhrider1 - You are reinforcing the same thoughts I am having, so that is starting to make the decision a bit easier. Yeah the $900 for the windshield and tire basically make up the difference. Granted the one has the aftermarket pipes, tuner, and AF; it also doesnt take into account the ding that may or may not start to drive me crazy as well.

The mileage on the one is roughly 10,000 he said. So it also has 6,000 less than the cheaper one.

I think I am leaning towards to better condition, less miles, more untouched bike...still kind of a tough one

Old 10-13-2014, 06:58 PM
nhrider1
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by byrne092
nhrider1 - You are reinforcing the same thoughts I am having, so that is starting to make the decision a bit easier. Yeah the $900 for the windshield and tire basically make up the difference. Granted the one has the aftermarket pipes, tuner, and AF; it also doesnt take into account the ding that may or may not start to drive me crazy as well.

The mileage on the one is roughly 10,000 he said. So it also has 6,000 less than the cheaper one.

I think I am leaning towards to better condition, less miles, more untouched bike...still kind of a tough one
In all honesty. The pipes and tuner on that bike aren't anything special. Those pipes tend to be loud and don't do much for performance. If you're as picky as I am, you'd probably end up changing them anyway.

The tuner is about $200 and has very limited capability. I haven't used one personally(because it's so limited), but a lot of people have reported problems with them. If you ever want to go further (cams, etc.) you'll have to replace it. That being said, it does seem to work for some people, It just wouldn't be my choice.

Its your choice, I'm just providing more input.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:48 PM
CJeep
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Which one has the better service history, and who can provide documentation?

Old 10-13-2014, 08:00 PM
Twincruiser
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The 06' guy wasn't an A-hole, he just sold it to the first person with cash in his hand, you can't blame him. Plus he gave it away at $5100. Both 07's seem like really nice deals. I guess with Winter coming folks up north are willing to unload them at a loss. Down here in the south, everything still seems to bring a higher price. I think it boils down to what you are looking for, do you like stock pipes or louder aftemarket pipes? V&H are nice and sound good. Windshields are nice for highway speeds. If you add in the price of new tires and a windshield for the 2nd one, then they are both reasonably close in price. The 1st one will give you a year or two of riding before the mileage catches up with the 2nd. For me, the gas tank ding would bug the crap out of me. If it was Spring I bet they would both already be gone. Decisions, decisions!

Old 10-13-2014, 10:55 PM
byrne092
Intermediate

Yeah I was just heated at the time; talked to him in the morning (a Monday, so I'm at work), set a time to meet, called later to make sure it was still good to meet and he tells me he sold it. I guess next time if I'm interested I'll just tell the person I'm gonna buy it; oh well, live and learn. Yeah i think I got the decision narrowed down, now it's just pulling the trigger on forking over the cash. Hopefully I'll have some updates shortly.

Old 10-14-2014, 01:15 AM
Ironhead.Chris
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Twincruiser
The 06' guy wasn't an A-hole, he just sold it to the first person with cash in his hand, you can't blame him. Plus he gave it away at $5100. Both 07's seem like really nice deals. I guess with Winter coming folks up north are willing to unload them at a loss. Down here in the south, everything still seems to bring a higher price. I think it boils down to what you are looking for, do you like stock pipes or louder aftemarket pipes? V&H are nice and sound good. Windshields are nice for highway speeds. If you add in the price of new tires and a windshield for the 2nd one, then they are both reasonably close in price. The 1st one will give you a year or two of riding before the mileage catches up with the 2nd. For me, the gas tank ding would bug the crap out of me. If it was Spring I bet they would both already be gone. Decisions, decisions!

It's for the best anyway. That's a one year only bike and definitely had its fair share of problems. I wouldn't have bought an 06 no matter how cheap it was.

-Chris

Old 10-16-2014, 08:17 PM
byrne092
Intermediate

Pulled the trigger. The bike is fantastic. Now time to get in some riding before the winter!

07 low rider

Last edited by byrne092; 10-16-2014 at 08:19 PM.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:12 PM
CJeep
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Nice score. Looks great.

Old 10-17-2014, 10:57 AM
byrne092
Intermediate

Thanks CJeep. I just need to figure out how to take off the luggage rack and sissy bar since it is not the quick connect style.