Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

when is it to much?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 11:44 PM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default when is it to much?

I need some opinions. I have been adding the skull collection parts to my '06 Street Bob. At what point is it to much and am I already there. So far I have added the A/C, timer, and derby covers. The battery band. Front and rear axle nut covers. Pegs for the mid controls, highway pegs, and shifter. Gas cap covers. The bigger chrome medallion stuck on the electrical cover and valve stem covers. I want to add the grips so they match the pegs along with mirrors and levers. What do you guys think?

Old 04-11-2007, 12:07 AM
lolife
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: when is it to much?

I think youre done...........................................LO. ............................................

Old 04-11-2007, 12:12 AM
DougsDyna
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stand back a take a long hard look at your ride.......... See if YOU are happy with where you've gone.
IMHO.

DougJ

Old 04-11-2007, 12:12 AM
steelcowboy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man you can join skullaholics anonymous with me lol. I even used Sportster gas cap medallions for tank badges. I've got the AC the grips both sets of foot pegs the shift peg the brake pedal stirrups( yet to be installed) the battery band shat I even bought the chain wallet I like that skull so much I'm actually thinking of getting the new one with the bandanna as my next tattoo.

Old 04-11-2007, 12:14 AM
steelcowboy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Crap I forgot the timing cover the derby cover and the mirrors. BTW can I see a pic of the on you stuck on the electrical side? LOL

Old 04-11-2007, 12:17 AM
JessaC
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: nkauf21

... At what point is it to much and am I already there.

If you have to ask - I believe you know the answer for yourself.... [8D]

Old 04-11-2007, 12:18 AM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

Dude, I started thinking about the same thing when I got into my flames. Grips, all the pegs, derby cover, timer cover and a/c. I think it looks good now and thats what counts. I think it looks good, not what someone else thinks looks good.

If your starting to question your over-skullage then it's a sign to ease up on the bolt-on's, IMHO.

Old 04-11-2007, 12:48 AM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member

thanks guys, i think it looks good now, but i think i am going to go plain for the mirrors, and grips.

Old 04-11-2007, 01:01 AM
tireater
Banned

I slowed down on the bolt ons whenI realised there is a limit of parts you can bolt on...nowI try to get it right the first time...sometimesI make a part insted of buying it...sometimesI have someone make it...LAST RESORT...I ORDER IT..!

Old 04-11-2007, 01:06 AM
mvinc01
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yep, I'm pretty much on the same track as you guys. I mixed it up a bit with my S&S Carb AC, and havn't gotten the pegs 'cause I'm getting floorboards on my ride in few days. But that still leaves the blank spot on my battery cover and the blank spot on the new tall boy sissy bar I just ordered.

Damn, did someone just say thatthere'sa new HD Skull emblem with a bandana? Oh chit, I'm gonna have to start over! Wifey's not gonna like this.

Whatever makes YOU happy is all that counts.

I've known guys go through all the stages...Buy the bike...Buy everything in the catalouge for it...Then start striping all the extras off and sell them....Then, yep you guessed it, go back and start all over again. WTF? It's your bike!

Building your bike to the wayYOU like it is just like riding it! It's not the destination...it's the ride getting there!

MV

Quick Reply: when is it to much?