Detailing Discuss keeping your bike looking brand new here.

Waterless Washing

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2018 | 11:24 AM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member

If my bike is especially dusty or dirty, or has bugs beyond belief on it, there's just NO way I'm gonna do anything other than wash it in the traditional manner with water. You can try and convince me that there's a better method than that, but I simply won't buy it...I'll use hydrogen peroxide on the bugs to soften them up, then wash normally...I'll use a gas blower or compressed air to get most of the water...but not all...off of it, then use a towel made for drying cars to get the rest off. When I'm done, I'll go over it one more time with the blower/compressed air, and I've never had a problem with spots on the bike as long as I do it when I have plenty of light, and until I wait for a time when it's a little cooler. It doesn't take long to get that done, and it's the safest way to clean the bike when it's really dirty.

If there's an issue with oil, I'll spray either original Gunk on it (diesel in a rattle can) or Simple Green or similar on it. I've had some really bad results with S-100, because I have not always been successful in rinsing it off immediately...it has left some weird markings on parts of the bike.

Now, then, if it's just a matter of removing some light dust on the bike, I'll either use a Kozak dust rag on it, or something like Bug Slide, Lucas Slick Mist, or similar...never a problem with that. But when it transitions into heavy dust and dirt, mud, bugs...soap and water time.

The following users liked this post:
Jackpot06 (05-25-2020)
Old 07-29-2018 | 07:04 PM
moparnut72
Tourer

"Now, then, if it's just a matter of removing some light dust on the bike, I'll either use a Kozak dust rag on it, or something like Bug Slide, Lucas Slick Mist, or similar...never a problem with that. But when it transitions into heavy dust and dirt, mud, bugs...soap and water time."

If it is light dust I use a product called Purple Slice, spray it on and wipe it off. If it is dirty, a good car wash soap and water. Maguires makes a good one. Blue Coral is another good one. They don't remove the wax.
kk

Old 08-09-2018 | 03:42 AM
Oliver477
Intermediate

I sometimes do a waterless wash, but it's usually a mid-week (2-3 days) after my regular wash. If it's gone a whole week, I'll do a rinseless (ONR with Wax) wash.
This info can be useful
https://detailingproshop.ca/]

Old 08-14-2018 | 08:23 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member

If any of you use Windex, be sure to use the green colored formula. It doesn't contain ammonia. Chrome does not like ammonia. Cadmium doesn't either. Your windshield won't like it too. The blue formula has the ammonia. OK on glass, but not on "plexiglass."

Here's what I use...

Attached Thumbnails  Waterless Washing-photo360.jpg  

Last edited by NORTY FLATZ; 08-14-2018 at 08:26 PM.