Detailing Discuss keeping your bike looking brand new here.

Harly Wax

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 02:58 PM
WildBill2566
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Harly Wax

I have just tried this Harly Wax (That is how its spelled). It is a grade A carnuaba wax with no cleaners, abrasives, etc.

I have used loads of products over the years and I have to say this seems as good as any.

It is difficult to say if its better than my usual Meguiars Gold Class liquid wax, or the Mequiars NXT tech wax, but its as good.

I'm hopeing that as I apply more and more coats it will produce that perfect shine.

One thing I am very impressed with is, I cleaned my chrome (not exhaust) with the HD chrome cleaner and then applied some of the Harly wax, and man does it shine.

This is the first time I have ever tried a hard wax, anyone else tried this or a similar product?

WB

Old 03-23-2007, 02:51 AM
3Dog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Harly Wax

Gold Class and Tech Wax are actually polymer blends.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:04 AM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

My friends and I use Pledge. Not lemon pledge but the original Pledge. It's a wax. Remember, a dining room set can have chrome, leather, vinyl, wood, painted surfaces, etc.

It goes on fast, cleans, leaves no residue and really shines.

It's cheap.

I might add that we don't spray it on most of the bike. We spray in on a rag and then wipe the bike. Easy, fast and nice.

Anyone know of any damage it can do?

Old 03-26-2007, 12:33 PM
vulhalla
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

y didnt you do the exhaust? I do mine and it comes out great

Old 03-26-2007, 12:46 PM
3Dog
Tourer

Pledge (Johnson Company) does not recommend Pledge for use on paint..

Old 03-27-2007, 03:50 AM
mjh
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wild bill:
I've used harly wax since 1989. I don't use anything else. First started using it on my '88 Shadow because that was what the guy I bought the bike from used. I couldn't believe there was a wax named Harly. My son now has that bike and the paint looks as good today as it did back then. I now use it on my '04 Road King. You used to be able to get it at local auto supply stores like Pep Boys, but now you can only get it on line. Goggle up Harly wax and the web page will show up.

Old 04-11-2007, 01:05 AM
liv2hunt
Intermediate

I have used cheap ol'e Turtle Wax for ever on my trucks and bike I use it on the chrome paint and windshield. It shines great it goes on and off easy and it is cheap...

Old 04-11-2007, 06:59 AM
Punty
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: JBaker421

My friends and I use Pledge. Not lemon pledge but the original Pledge. It's a wax. Remember, a dining room set can have chrome, leather, vinyl, wood, painted surfaces, etc.

It goes on fast, cleans, leaves no residue and really shines.

It's cheap.

I might add that we don't spray it on most of the bike. We spray in on a rag and then wipe the bike. Easy, fast and nice.

Anyone know of any damage it can do?
I wouldnt recommend it, Just as using dish detergent to wash your bike. Waxes, clearcoats, paints have come along way. Since your bike is such a big investment why cut corners there? I if you want simple and fairly cheap try one of the Spray Detailers (such as quick deatil by Meguiars, theres a bunch of them) wipe on wipe off.

Just my $.02

Old 04-11-2007, 07:54 AM
07dyna
Banned

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...Picture002.jpgsportsters suck girlie bike haha

Old 04-14-2007, 04:34 AM
copout221
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: 3Dog

Pledge (Johnson Company) does not recommend Pledge for use on paint..
This is because tons of other companies are using the same ingredients that are in pledge for their paint protection products and they don't want people using furniture polish when they can spend more $$ on Honda polish, etc. After I saw a guy detailing cars at the Chicago Auto Show last year using pledge andI was sold. He said he was not supposed to allow people to know what he was using because it could get him into trouble but said they always use it on all clearcoat finishes and have been for years. He said it is safe and provides excellent results when applied with microfiber clothes. After he sprayed some on a $350.000 Ferrarri I started using it on my bike. It also works great on the chrome. Try it, you can always switch back to the expensive name brand products that are basically the same thing with a different label.

Quick Reply: Harly Wax