Detailing Discuss keeping your bike looking brand new here.

Vivid Black and scratches......help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 02:38 AM
kwgrimes
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Vivid Black and scratches......help!

I too have a vivid black bike and use a product I found at Harley called Ardex 4212 Seal-B. Its a wax made especially for black paint. Its a dark grey color and seems to do a good job of filling in the swirl marks. Its designed to be used with a power polisher and claims to never dry. The more you work it in, the more it does its job and the better the outcome.

I got mine all spiffed up today and plan on finding a place for pictures tomorrow, so I'll post some afterwards and let you see the results.

Old 01-14-2007, 03:48 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: kwgrimes

I too have a vivid black bike and use a product I found at Harley called Ardex 4212 Seal-B. Its a wax made especially for black paint. Its a dark grey color and seems to do a good job of filling in the swirl marks. Its designed to be used with a power polisher and claims to never dry. The more you work it in, the more it does its job and the better the outcome.

I got mine all spiffed up today and plan on finding a place for pictures tomorrow, so I'll post some afterwards and let you see the results.
Yes! I'd be interested in seeing the results........thank guys for the input.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:43 AM
3Dog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From their website:
"4212 SEAL-B A High Intensity Machine Brightener Seal-B is a lusterizer and swirl mark remover. It is exceptional on black and other dark colors. Seal-B is grey in color and will not show residue; very important to high volume detailers. Seal-B contains a very mild cleaner and silicone, but no wax. It won’t hold up by itself but it will accept a nice coat of wax."

Typicallyfor a swirl remover..i.e. has oils (silicone) to cover up defects. Will not last. You could buy the same at a parts store under Mequiars or Mothers name.

Old 01-20-2007, 08:58 PM
Decker
Novice

I have a vivid black 2005 EG Classic.I use Eagle One with Nanotechnology. No swirls. www.eagleone.com

Old 01-21-2007, 01:03 PM
juscoop
Tourer

I think that Harleys clear coat is soft .I had my custom repaintedin jan 05and I bought my streetglide in aug of 05 .I ride and wash each bike the same .If I put both bikes together in the sun the harley looks like shitz.I have thought about geting the streetglide clear coated

Old 02-02-2007, 07:49 PM
stbob
Tourer

Yes it is pretty soft

Old 02-04-2007, 11:04 PM
utz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I used zymol years ago is there a special wax to buy or just the standered one.

Old 02-13-2007, 04:28 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

I have discovered what many of you probably have already discovered and that is:

Meguiars NXT is awesome! I love the stuff.

Old 02-23-2007, 07:07 AM
HERITAGEBOY
Intermediate

MATE I HEAR WHAT YA SAYING IVE GOT A 2005 HERITAGE(BLACK CHERRY) AND THOSE SLIGHT SCRATCHES DRIVE ME BLOODY MENTAL IN FACT I FIRST NOTICED THEM ON THE REAR FENDER IT PISSED ME OFF THAT MUCH I WENT TO A CUSTOM SPRAY PAINTER AND HE BUFFED THEM OUT BEAUTIFULLY USEING MEGUIARS MIRROR GLAZE #9(PROFESSIONAL SWIRL REMOVER 2.0) HE ASSURED ME I COULD USE IT BY HAND AND THERES NO WAY I COULD STUFF THE PAINT SO I WENT OUT AND BOUGHT A BOTTLE 6 MOUNTHS ON I FINALLY BUILT UP ENOUGH ***** TO TRY IT ON THE TANK ITS FANTASIC THOSE PISSY LITTLE ANNOYING SCRATCHES ARE (98%)GONE AND IF YOUR STILL NOT SURE THERES A MUQUIARS HELP LINE YOU CAN RING ON THE BACK OF THE BOTTLE THEYLL ALSO VERIFY ITS CLEAR COAT SAFE.USE A FOAM APPLICATOR AND GIVE IT A LITTLE ELBOW GREASE YOULL BE AMAZED GOOD LUCK AND WHAT RELIEF IM NOT THE ONLY PERFECTIONIST THAT NOTICES THOSE F_ _ _ _ _ G SRATCHES TAKE CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-23-2007, 05:17 PM
Madgoat
Intermediate

i detail some times, and what cause those fine scratches are little rock that get on the cloth or rage that you are cleaning with! if you drop your rag on the ground, you should spray it out!!! because dirt and **** stays in the cloth and screws up your paint!!! it really shows on dark colors!

Quick Reply: Vivid Black and scratches......help!