Detailing Discuss keeping your bike looking brand new here.

3 minute WWW cleaning!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 07:52 AM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 330 Posts

Shout laundry spray will work in place of the simple green too.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:58 AM
Ron "Gunner" Retzlaff
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithhu
So how does this work, spray with Simple Green then (rinse?) use the eraser on it? Or eraser first then Simple Green?
Spray the simple green, then eraser the schmutz (aka dirt) right off, the only down side is that the magic eraser will disintegrate as you go. Rinse off when clean, it's that simple.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,502 Likes on 2,683 Posts

Originally Posted by gmcretz
Spray the simple green, then eraser the schmutz (aka dirt) right off, the only down side is that the magic eraser will disintegrate as you go. Rinse off when clean, it's that simple.
Roger that. Will try it this week. Bike is reasonably new, the dirt washes off but there's some scuffs and factory gunk on there that doesnt seem to go away, I hope this does the trick!

Old 02-20-2012, 08:45 PM
ryan9977
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't knOw a lot about Bikes but i know a lot about magic erasers...they r the bomb!.....they can clean all sorts of tought to clean items.....crayon or pen on your wall.....gone!.....rub marks on walls, floors etc.....gone!....my garbage can rubs against the wall all the time.....gone!......any type of rub mark or anything like that on paint wood or plastic just comes off with water.....i don't know what the hell its made out of but it works for sure.....Ryan

Old 03-02-2012, 04:02 PM
koz
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great tip, Thanks !

Old 03-16-2012, 12:01 PM
Yojimbo
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for posting. Worked on the rear wheel/tire yesterday and it was not sweat- or aggravation-free. Will try the Simple Green and eraser.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:57 PM
TNCarters
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by gmcretz
Mine are the OEM Dunlop D407 & D408, handling and wear are excellent. I got 20,515 out of my back tire and changed my front at around 23k. They are pricey to say the least, but it factors out when compared to having to change them at around 8 or 9k regularly.

Dunlop has come out with an Elite III which is built on the same composition of the D407/8 and sold at other retailers other than Harley Davidson. The only difference is that it doesn't say HD on the tire and doesn't have the HD logos stamped in the sides. I couldn't find those when I needed to change so I went with the D407/8 from the stealer.

Michelin is supposed to have a new tire out that wears crazy long also, but I can't remember what the name of it is or whether it is going to be a WWW or not. Good luck with your quest for the perfect tire for your bike!
I think Dunlop now calls them American Elite for the late model touring tire sizes. May be same as the E3's.

Old 10-03-2015, 05:15 PM
Alamomann
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm resurrecting this thread.

I've tried the simple green and magic eraser and it worked a little bit, but not as advertised here. Granted, my rear wheel hasn't really been cleaned well in about 4K miles so there is some ground in grime. My white wall still has a yellow streak and hue to it.

May have to try SOS pads. Any other ideas out there?

Old 10-07-2015, 10:14 PM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 153 Posts

I use aluminum car wheel cleaner. Spray on a rag, and the brake dust wipes right off. No rubbing or scrubbing. Best $1.99 I ever spent at Advance auto parts.,,,

Old 10-16-2015, 09:21 AM
Alamomann
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts

My problem isn't the dust. It's the faded yellow ring that I'm working on removing. Too many miles of not cleaning.

The SOS pad seemed to help, but it's going to take several scrubbings to get the rear tire back to that nice white.

Lesson learned.

Quick Reply: 3 minute WWW cleaning!!!!