Detailing Discuss keeping your bike looking brand new here.

Zaino Question need some help

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 03:04 PM
crankee
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Zaino Question need some help

Well i am in need of some answers on Zaino products.Ill start off ny saying I have a 2004 Classic and it is BLACK.I am looking to use Zaino for the first time and dont know really what to buy and whitch of the products to use.Do you use a claay bar first ? do you use ZFX ? I know i need to use Z 5 i belive but what is it that i need to do to have this bike looking like New once again .My bike is Black like I stated and we all know we want our bikes to look as good as possible so i need some help picking out the right products without having to buy the store.I belive you guys will have the right answers for me by experince with this product.I would like to say ty for your time in advance..PLZ HELP

Old 03-10-2010, 10:06 PM
audiobuck
4th Gear

I've been using Zaino for years and they are great products. Go to the Zaino website and it will tell you what you need and how to use it.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:51 AM
crankee
Advanced

Did that and there is alot of products to use cant figure out what i need.Talked to the people that you order from and that did not have good knowledge,so i ask them if they worked for Zainos and he said all we do is take orders for Zainos.From what i see and read it may look like i need to buy a Clay bar first, then Z-5 ,and also ZFX,then mix the Z-5 With the ZFX then Buy Z6 or Z8 .Looks like clean with clay bar the whole bike then apply Z-5 with ZFX mixed,then keep up with Z-6 or Z-8 .But just not shure this will be my first time useing product,dont want to buy things that i dont kneed.Need more info and what other people use on a Black Bike.All info will be greatly appreaciated.Ty again in advace.Jim

Old 03-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Mr. Clean
Cruiser

There is guy who is a moderator on one of the Corvette forums and is an authorized Zaino distributor. He also is a Zaino user and has several black vehicles of his own.

You can contact him here: www.hcvind.com

I am sure he can help you with the correct process and products.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Speedratchet
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BASIC ZAINO APPLICATION TIPS

THREE SIMPLE STEPS to obtain a true Zaino show car finish

Step 1—STRIP THE OLD WAX
  • Wash the car, going top to bottom, with Dawn Ultra® liquid detergent. Thoroughly rinse the car with a pressurized hose and spray nozzle. Make sure all detergent soap is gone. Leave Dawn in the kitchen since you'll never use it again on your car.
  • Dry completely using only clean, soft, absorbent towels.
Step 2—REMOVE CONTAMINANTS AND PREPARE THE SURFACE
  • Feel all paint surfaces. They should be glassy smooth. Contaminated rough areas are quickly minimized using Zaino Z-18 Claybar™ and a soap and water lubricant. Re-wash and dry the treated areas. Look for hazy paint, swirl marks or fine scratches. Imperfections are reduced using Zaino's Z-PC Fusion™ paint cleaner and swirl remover.
  • Add a light coat of Z-AIO™ to all paint as the foundation and bonding agent. Remove with clean, soft towels.
Step 3—APPLY AND REMOVE ZAINO POLISH*CHOOSE THE RIGHT ZAINO POLISH FOR YOUR VEHICLE'S PAINT
Z-2 PRO™ Show Car Polish is for paint with a clear coat finish—virtually all modern cars.
Z-3™ Show Car Polish is for paint without a clear coat—vintage cars, special aftermarket paint, etc.

Z-5 PRO™ Show Car Polish is just like Z-2, but helps hide swirls and micro scratches in dark color paint.
  • Spray a little Z-6 Gloss Enhancer™ on your Zaino Polish Applicator. Apply Zaino polish to the paint. Use up/down motions on vertical surfaces, and front/rear (front to back of car) motions on horizontal. Allow the polish to dry and chemically bond on the entire car for at least fifteen minutes. To test for dry, wipe an area with a finger. Dry polish is slightly powdery and comes off with one stroke, revealing clear dry paint underneath. Low temperature or high humidity can increase drying time up to two to three hours. Remove the dried polish using high quality towels.
  • When all polish is removed, spray a light coat of Z-6 Gloss Enhancer. Immediately buff dry.
*Important: Shake all products well before using. Use VERY sparingly—a little polish goes a long way. Keep applicator damp with Z-6 Gloss Enhancer.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:46 PM
crankee
Advanced

Well guys ty for all the info just got off of the phone with Sal and he gave me great info on his products i would have bought stuff that i did not need if i didnt talk with Sal let me tell you that guy is a honest and straight forward guy he is not trying to sell you things you dont need.He also gave me alot of information on the product and how to apply each product.Ty Audiobuck,Mr Clean and Speedratchet for tell me what you new also and your time greatly appreciated.JIM

Old 03-18-2010, 04:26 PM
Merlin
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crankee
...just got off of the phone with Sal and he gave me great info on his products. He also gave me alot of information on the product and how to apply each product...JIM
What did you use?
How did you use it?
What kind of results did you get?

Old 03-22-2010, 08:03 AM
Merlin
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is an article on "How to use Zaino".
Hope this helps answer any questions.