Detailing Discuss keeping your bike looking brand new here.

Finally a "cheaper" Bike Dryer

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 09:36 PM
chillywilly
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally a "cheaper" Bike Dryer

Was killing time at Wally world the other day and ran across this in their Auto section. Its an exact duplicate of the metra dryer. its 4hp, 29,000+speed comes with the identical accessories and its was $90.00. its by a company called Active products. I couldnt belive it! Has the filter system and warm almost hot air to boot. very nice unit and does a great job. I will try to post pics soon. So if your stuck on what to get and dont want to spend 200.00 for the metra dryer, Heres the next best thing, if not better! I believe they have a web site too. not sure if I cam allowed to psot links but pm me if you want it!

Old 08-24-2008, 11:14 AM
Chubby
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's great! But I can't find any info on it? Can you post a link? Sounds like a cheaper alternative and I'm always looking for those. Is it all metal construction?

Old 09-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Tanker2
Road Captain
Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts
Default I'd like to know

Post that website. I looked at 4 WalMarts and couldn't find those at any of them. I'd be interested in one at that price. Give us more info.

Thanks

Old 09-04-2008, 08:29 AM
chillywilly
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheaper Dry info update!

Ok Guys, I've been getting alot of you asking for info on this dryer so here is the little bit I have . It is EXACTLY a dupliate of the metra dryer. its made by Active products. Thier website is www.activeproducts.com but of course there is no info on the dryer at all. I have tried to call the company a few times and have not had the time to weed through to get the answers you need. It seems I have seen these 3 times now but they have only been at BRAND NEW walmarts that literaly jsut opened. Any existing Wallys I have been too have not had them and trust me I have been looking. I will try to take so pics for you guys to see it.

Thanks,

ChillyWilly

Old 09-04-2008, 10:48 AM
Tanker2
Road Captain
Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts
Thumbs up Info Coming Hopefully

I called them also. They are suppose to be getting back to me with some info. They do make the product. I told them I bet they would have allot of interest if we knew where to purchase their product. I'll let you know what I find out. I called right after you did ChillyWilly. They said you had told them the same. Maybe we can get something going here.

Tanker2

Old 09-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Chubby
Road Captain

O.K. guys... sounds good... hopefully thet'll make it up to Canada too.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:07 PM
bigjames19
Outstanding HDF Member

I recieved a gift from my bro inlaw as an alternative to the blaster it is called the air shammy, it comes with a 10 foot hose and puts out filtered warm air. It is a great tool to dry the bike and gets in all cracks and crevices, their website is www.airshammy.com. The unit costs $107.77 and the guys are great there. You can call them with any questions, and if you don't like it they will refund your money.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:06 AM
jungleman
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use a $29.00 electric leaf blower, works excellent

Old 02-12-2009, 08:30 AM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for the tip...

Old 02-12-2009, 01:09 PM
kromdom
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

before bike-specific dryers were on the market, I tried a good ole electric leaf blower (after noting that drive-thru car washes used gigantic blowers). Still use it to this day

Quick Reply: Finally a "cheaper" Bike Dryer