Detailing Discuss keeping your bike looking brand new here.

Griot's Products

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2024, 01:23 PM
mx2forty
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Light defects and protect after that.
Thanks

Old 01-10-2024, 01:35 PM
Gizmo83
Road Master
Received 568 Likes on 311 Posts

I highly recommend their Ceramic All-in-One for that. Note, this is not the same as their Ceramic 3-1 which is a spray protectant. Their naming of these particular products is pretty confusing.

Ideally you want to apply this by machine to get the most defect removal.

Old 01-12-2024, 01:13 PM
mx2forty
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Gizmo. The products are ordered.
Time to get ready for spring.

The following users liked this post:
Gizmo83 (01-12-2024)
Old 04-30-2024, 09:37 PM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,192 Likes on 1,827 Posts

I’m quite a bit late to this thread, but Griots Garage has the G8 and G9 buffers on sale right now. I think it goes off tonight, but I bought a G9 today for $119.00. I have a Bauer from Harbor Freight that has never been used, but I couldn’t pass up the deal on the G9.

The following 2 users liked this post by ChromeJunkie:
CaffeineBuzz (05-01-2024), Gizmo83 (05-01-2024)
Old 05-01-2024, 07:27 AM
CaffeineBuzz
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,675 Likes on 4,224 Posts

Originally Posted by ChromeJunkie
I’m quite a bit late to this thread, but Griots Garage has the G8 and G9 buffers on sale right now. I think it goes off tonight, but I bought a G9 today for $119.00. I have a Bauer from Harbor Freight that has never been used, but I couldn’t pass up the deal on the G9.
thank you for posting this....i have both already....

Gentleman, this is a pro grade tool for a great price, if you are considering taking it to the next level with a machine, these are great options

Old 05-01-2024, 08:20 AM
MikeBel
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,564 Likes on 671 Posts

I've been using their products on my cars and bike for about 4 years and couldn't be happier with the results. I have the G8 and G9. Love them both. The current sale is a good one! Black Friday is their best pricing if you can wait.

Talk about the benefits of investing in good tools. Like others, I started with a Harbour Freight random orbit polisher (enough said). The G8 /G9 really add to the ease and enjoyment of the work.

I think the hardest part is understanding their product naming and function; takes some time to sort that out.

Old 05-04-2024, 06:39 AM
StoneTrekker
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,916 Likes on 934 Posts

I took advantage of the G9 sale price several days ago. Already owned the G8. As said above....great tools and definitely far above the usual consumer-grade stuff. The G8 is basically perfect for motorcycle work. And I'll plug Griot's polishes too. Unless you enjoy buying and trying endless different products, Griot's makes it very simple and easy to select polishes and buffer pads which produce great results.

I used their clay, BOSS correcting cream and perfecting cream to get these results:

The following 2 users liked this post by StoneTrekker:
ChromeJunkie (05-04-2024), Gizmo83 (05-06-2024)
Old 05-04-2024, 04:03 PM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member

My new G9 has shipped and supposed to be here Monday. I can’t wait to try it out.

The following users liked this post:
StoneTrekker (05-04-2024)
Old 05-04-2024, 09:22 PM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by StoneTrekker
I took advantage of the G9 sale price several days ago. Already owned the G8. As said above....great tools and definitely far above the usual consumer-grade stuff. The G8 is basically perfect for motorcycle work. And I'll plug Griot's polishes too. Unless you enjoy buying and trying endless different products, Griot's makes it very simple and easy to select polishes and buffer pads which produce great results.

I used their clay, BOSS correcting cream and perfecting cream to get these results:

Thanks for making this post. I was about to ask about the boss correcting and perfecting creams. I bought a bottle of each just going on the Amazon reviews. Thanks for confirming that I didn’t waste my money buying these products.

Old 05-05-2024, 06:12 AM
StoneTrekker
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,916 Likes on 934 Posts

Originally Posted by ChromeJunkie
Thanks for making this post. I was about to ask about the boss correcting and perfecting creams. I bought a bottle of each just going on the Amazon reviews. Thanks for confirming that I didn’t waste my money buying these products.
Clay bar first, then the BOSS Correcting Cream with an orange BOSS foam pad for general removal of minor marring and defects. I recommend the microfiber correcting pad if you have specific scratches which are resistant to removal with the foam pad. Just go easy with it because it works much faster. After main paint correction switch to the BOSS Perfecting Cream and a yellow BOSS pad to really polish the paint. After that you're ready for a red or black foam pad and your choice of final wax, polish or sealant.

Griot's has a lot of good tube videos and I suggest you check some of them out. Could save you time and effort while getting better overall results. I think the G9 is pretty large for doing a motorcycle and the G8 is nearly perfect. You'll need a few hand polishing pads to reach inaccessible areas, and plenty of good microfiber cloths for final product removal and shining.

Quick Reply: Griot's Products